I think i'll call PoA my new home

supernovae

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
supernovae
Just wanted to thank everyone here for being kind and considerate and so far, very welcoming even if we don't see eye to eye.

I started out on the red board and to be honest, the red board seriously makes me question everything about being a pilot or a member of AOPA for that matter..

Thanks for being a little more open.. patient.. less jumping down my throat while still being yourself and having your own views.

Seriously.. red board makes me fear for the future of GA.. some decent people on there, but lots of angry angry angry attitudes on anything and everything someone has to say there.

:D

Attack On Pilot Assets/red board sucks.

<edit; fixed the AOPA acronym>

Last edited:
"We" are over here too...:D

Just wanted to thank everyone here for being kind and considerate and so far, very welcoming even if we don't see eye to eye.

I started out on the red board and to be honest, the red board seriously makes me question everything about being a pilot or a member of AOPA for that matter..

Thanks for being a little more open.. patient.. less jumping down my throat while still being yourself and having your own views.

Seriously.. red board makes me fear for the future of GA.. some decent people on there, but lots of angry angry angry attitudes on anything and everything someone has to say there.

:D

Greetings and Welcome to POA - it does have a nice homey feel to it doesn't it?

"We" are over here too...:D

yeah, but at least here, its not so serious.. I chuckle when I see people throw up popcorn smilies and stuff when things get crazy.

In the red board.. people take sides and they go out for blood! I've also yet to get a nasty PM here of people trying to rip me a new one.. maybe I haven't pushed the right buttons yet. :wink2:

Is it just the red of the board bringing out the thirst for vengeance and blood? hehe

so soothing here.. light blue.. pleasant.. reminds me of little fluffy clouds and blue skies

Last edited:
I read it, but have never posted on it. This place seems more comfortable for a better lack of words.

:D The AOPA board will not give us a popcorn smiley...

yeah, but at least here, its not so serious.. I chuckle when I see people throw up popcorn smilies and stuff when things get crazy.

In the red board.. people take sides and they go out for blood! I've also yet to get a nasty PM here of people trying to rip me a new one.. maybe I haven't pushed the right buttons yet. :wink2:

Is it just the red of the board bringing out the thirst for vengeance and blood? hehe

so soothing here.. light blue.. pleasant.. reminds me of little fluffy clouds and blue skies

Other than those who rant and roar about anything to do with the Government and especially the TSA, the Red Board seems OK to me most of the time.;)

Welcome to POA from a relative newby.

Cheers

......! I've also yet to get a nasty PM here of people trying to rip me a new one.. maybe I haven't pushed the right buttons yet. :wink2:

Day is still young..... Your PM is right around the corner..:yes::redface::rofl:

Depends on who you are over on AOPA how much bashing is done.

Welcome to PoA:goofy:

I spent a lot of time on VAF while building. I still visit to help present builders, but enjoy the wider range of topics discussed on here much more, and we are not over-moderated. If it is not "RV related" on VAF, depending on who you are, it may get deleted. No speculating allowed either, just not the case here, and I know I am not the only pilot that enjoys that. It is like "baby bears bed" here, it is "just right."

PM sent..... :D

How sweet.....:tongue:

Be careful who you tick off here too - they can be mighty vicious, but also pretty entertaining! :goofy:

Last edited:
AOPA member here and I never even knew it had a forum. Though it makes sense; what website doesn't have a forum these days lol.

I just registered, but only to lock in my screen name haha.

Red board forum creates as much animosity towards aopa as all their stupid mailings.:lol:

Plenty of good folks on Red, their rules just make it a bit difficult to participate.

Plenty of good folks on Red, their rules just make it a bit difficult to participate.
problem is the really entertaining ones like JD are gone, there really hasn't been anyone step up to fill that role. Nor has there been a thread that lived up to the high mark of wing anti-ice using true value pipe heat tape.

problem is the really entertaining ones like JD are gone, there really hasn't been anyone step up to fill that role. Nor has there been a thread that lived up to the high mark of wing anti-ice using true value pipe heat tape.

Or Gary from Pasley Or. perpetrated the biggest hoax of all.

Funny as it gets, Gary had every one believing he was a female hollywood star (lady _____) in the page, many members were actually swooning over him, then he screwed up and posted from his own login, and every one turned on him.

Funny as it gets, Gary had every one believing he was a female hollywood star (lady _____) in the page, many members were actually swooning over him, then he screwed up and posted from his own login, and every one turned on him.
Is that why everyone was wondering if Kimberly was real when she first started posting here? Little gun-shy?

Is that why everyone was wondering if Kimberly was real when she first started posting here? Little gun-shy?

I was the one who questioned it, and I honestly just did it to yank her chain a bit. I really couldn't help myself, it worked way too well.

The one I remember was JD, or Cowboy Pilot. He was very well read on the boards and fairly popular for his acerbic humor. He seemed to posses a wealth of aviation experience as well. He wound up getting royally reamed for falsifying military experience.

Hard to believe he could be such a font of aviation wisdom without the experience to back it up, but lie about one thing and Odin knows how many of his claims are for real. He was of course never heard from again.

Which is why I say that until I've actually met someone they could just be a pimply 14 year-old sitting in his mom's basement eating mayo out of a jar yanking our chains.

Which is why I say that until I've actually met someone they could just be a pimply 14 year-old sitting in his mom's basement eating mayo out of a jar yanking our chains.

:lol:

I always imagined it more along the lines of this.. 14yo kids are too busy playing COD on xbox :)

36271d1287234635-another-2004-pilot-transmission-problem-muppets5-large.jpg

Who eats mayo out of a jar? Mayo has got to be one of the most revolting substances ever created.

Who eats mayo out of a jar? Mayo has got to be one of the most revolting substances ever created.

agreed.. not even sriracha sauce can improve it much.

Now give me a jar of Nutella then you're talking

You've never had Mayo produced in the kitchens of Steinholme. If you did, you'd never say that again.

Mayo is one of the greatest condiments/ingredients ever created. I must find this Steinholme place and seize it. How'd you know I am 14?

Mayo is one of the greatest condiments/ingredients ever created. I must find this Steinholme place and seize it. How'd you know I am 14?

Attend one of the POA events. Might bring some. I usually bring home made condiments (mayo, pickles, sauerkraut, salsa, etc...).

Attend one of the POA events. Might bring some. I usually bring AWESOMELY DELICIOUS home made condiments (mayo, pickles, sauerkraut, salsa, etc...).

Steingar's sauerkraut and pickles are da bomb!

Sauerkraut and pickles? What kind of bomb are we talking about here? :yikes:

Flavor bomb. Yummy and strong. But you have to attend a POA event to have a chance at sampling, and then only a chance. Such foodstuffs are difficult to produce and take a long time, so I don't take them everywhere.

.... Mayo has got to be one of the most revolting substances ever created.

Huh .:dunno:..

Give me a jar of cold Helmanns Mayo, a few ripe, red, juicy maters and a shaker of salt and let me pig out...:yes::):D

Huh .:dunno:..

Give me a jar of cold Helmanns Mayo, a few ripe, red, juicy maters and a shaker of salt and let me pig out...:yes::):D

:vomit:
Slimy oily eggy substance makes me want to vomit. I can't even pretend to choke that down.

I was the one who questioned it, and I honestly just did it to yank her chain a bit. I really couldn't help myself, it worked way too well.

The one I remember was JD, or Cowboy Pilot. He was very well read on the boards and fairly popular for his acerbic humor. He seemed to posses a wealth of aviation experience as well. He wound up getting royally reamed for falsifying military experience.

Hard to believe he could be such a font of aviation wisdom without the experience to back it up, but lie about one thing and Odin knows how many of his claims are for real. He was of course never heard from again.

How about Joe Williams? Every one was a LIAR if they disagreed with him.

Wild and wide open web site back then.

How about Joe Williams? Every one was a LIAR if they disagreed with him.

Wild and wide open web site back then.

Wasn't that prior to the old AOPA board being shut down and PoA being created? I remember Joe. That was a long time ago. :D

Back