I Soloed!!!

Rebel Lord

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Rebel Lord
I feel amazing right now! I was so nervous last night I though I was going to
Throw up. I woke though and i felt great! I went and did some landings with my
Instructor and he said I was already. I dropped him off at the tower and he went up with the controllers to watch. I taxied and held short of the runway and I felt
Confident. I put my parking brake on and did one last check of my seat to make sure it woudnt slide back.

I got cleared for take off and taxied onto the runway and I did all my calls and said everything I was doing like if my instructor was there with me. I went full power and guess what... CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK... My seat slide all the way back :eek::yikes: the airplane felt so light and I couldn't do anything about my seat. I got up and around to the downwind and adjusted my seat then proceeded to do three meh touch and goes.... But it still felt amazing!!!!
I made a few very childish giggles and shouted IM FLYING SOLO in my headset.

I landed and missed the runway I was suppost to turn off of so I went to the ne t one and switched to ground and got cleared back to the tower. I picked up my instructor and we shook hands and said I did good. We taxied back to the hanger and got out pictures done and lots of hand shaking

I feel amazing right now like I'm high! Thanks all!:goofy:

Last edited:
First... Congrats!

Question:

Why didn't you abort the takeoff when the seat slid back? It sounds like it slid back as soon as you pushed power up...

Congrats! But just one lap around the pattern? Guess the rest of us were fortunate to have more fun and do it 3 times.

Get the seat looked at... if it's a known problem, that's not a good thing and should be repaired at soonest opportunity. And perhaps an approved arresting device installed.

Congrats! Hope you got your shirt cut like the rest of us :) Take that home and put it in a frame for sure.

Congrats! But just one lap around the pattern? Guess the rest of us were fortunate to have more fun and do it 3 times.

Get the seat looked at... if it's a known problem, that's not a good thing and should be repaired at soonest opportunity. And perhaps an approved arresting device installed.

He did... "adjusted my seat then proceeded to do three meh touch and goes.... But it still felt amazing!!!!"

First... Congrats!

Question:

Why didn't you abort the takeoff when the seat slid back? It sounds like it slid back as soon as you pushed power up...

I still had positive control and it was just a little bit of a stretch. Should I have aborted? I told my instructor as soon as I got him and he didn't really think it was a big deal. It's funny though becuase that was the one thing I double checked because that seat has a history of sliding at the worst times.

No I did three. my instructor is also a A&P so ill ask

Congrats. Good job on not letting the seat distract you. Fly the plane first.

Cessna shuffle always! Congrats!

Should I have aborted? IQUOTE said:
You're the PIC so it was your decision... It sounds like you've accepted that fault in this aircraft for sometime now... You should have it corrected. I know of a pilot involved in FATAL accident that was due to a sliding seat...

Congratulations!!!
I still remember mine and that was a long time ago, this is a day you'll always remember.

Congratulations!

Now go do some more touch and goes!

Congrats!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations, pilot!

Yeah seat slides have caused crashes from guys grabbing the yoke as they slide back and stalling the airplane. There have been airworthiness directives related to that and it is something they check at every annual. Hell my 182 has a freakin' inertia reel seat belt-like mechanism connecting seat to floor that is supposed to arrest its slide. That was the result of a pretty infamous AD.

They really do need to fix that seat - that's dangerous. Congratulations on handling your first in-flight anomaly too. :D

Congratulations, man!

But, uuuh, with regards to this...

It's funny though becuase that was the one thing I double checked because that seat has a history of sliding at the worst times.

That ought to be corrected ASAP. I wouldn't be flying an airplane that I knew had that sort of a problem.

Congrats. Tell your instructor to teach you the Cessna butt-wiggle.

I did before I took off but apparently it wasn't good enough it's funny because the was the one thing I double checked. Next time I'm going to visually make sure it's locked in place. I'm pretty tall and even with the seat back I still had full control and feet on the rudder

So, you didn't **** up? :D

No sir I didn't :goofy:

Last edited:
I did before I took off but apparently it wasn't good enough it's funny because the was the one thing I double checked. Next time I'm going to visually make sure it's locked in place. I'm pretty tall and even with the seat back I could still had full control and feet in the rudder though

Visually?! I can't get my head close enough to my ass to do that, opinions of where people think I usually have my head, notwithstanding... ;)

I feel amazing right now! I was so nervous last night I though I was going to
Throw up. I woke though and i felt great! I went and did some landings with my
Instructor and he said I was already. I dropped him off at the tower and he went up with the controllers to watch. I taxied and held short of the runway and I felt
Confident. I put my parking brake on and did one last check of my seat to make sure it woudnt slide back.

I got cleared for take off and taxied onto the runway and I did all my calls and said everything I was doing like if my instructor was there with me. I went full power and guess what... CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK... My seat slide all the way back :eek::yikes: the airplane felt so light and I couldn't do anything about my seat. I got up and around to the downwind and adjusted my seat then proceeded to do three meh touch and goes.... But it still felt amazing!!!!
I made a few very childish giggles and shouted IM FLYING SOLO in my headset.

I landed and missed the runway I was suppost to turn off of so I went to the ne t one and switched to ground and got cleared back to the tower. I picked up my instructor and we shook hands and said I did good. We taxied back to the hanger and got out pictures done and lots of hand shaking

I feel amazing right now like I'm high! Thanks all!:goofy:

Congrats man! Have your feet touched the ground yet?

Back