I just can’t stomach this anymore tonight...

ESPN has high school football on.

I just finished reviewing mine this weekend. The front of the book was harder than the back, for me. I’m tired of it too. Waiting on checkride scheduling.

I feel like I felt leading up to private checkride. Very prepared and that any more studying wouldn’t help - or even hurt a bit. I was on razor edge for private and nailed it.

For IR, still need four more hours hood time. Maybe take a break from book work, fly and hone procedures, get paperwork in order, then hit the books in a couple weeks again when ride is scheduled.

Not much worth watching on TV right now....

maybe some xplane

Studying is great, but you really can't be sure if it has sunk in unless you take practice tests.

Studying is great, but you really can't be sure if it has sunk in unless you take practice tests

true. I think mock checkride is coming up very soon. That helped me when I was going for private. I have need watching a couple videos of mock IR checkrides and pausing after the mock examiner asks the question so I can answer on my own.

Aced the written test already.

THIS week????

yeah the same show has pretty much been on since Tuesday. At least this weekend will be a beautiful weekend here to nail down the final four hours hood time I need.

Yes. I used Sheppard to get a 100 on the written. Highly recommend.

ASA red book for guided study for checkride. Along with FAR/AIM, IFH, my own notes, Pilot'sCafe, a Jepp textbook I have.....

Thought I would have been able to put them all away by now. But checkride got postponed to 12/15. So.... one more week of staying sharp.

I think you’re gonna find that what you need to know for checkride, you’re not gonna forget if you plan to keep flying under instruments. The book is a safety blanket. You’ll do great.

Thanks man!! I think I know that. But for some reason I can't not study... (sorry for the double negative). I lose sleep if I go too long without a quick review of 91.205 or differences between ALSF-1 and MALSR lol...

AAAAGH I need to get to the practical test ASAP!!!

Do we still do the ‘5 T’s’?

Turn
Time
Transition
Twist
Talk

I may be out of order somewhat.

Yes, we still do the 5 Ts - Turn Time Twist Throttle Talk

We also have -

5 As - ATIS altimeter avionics approach brief approach checklist

Nwkraft (info needed before flight) - notams weather known atc delays runway lengths alternates fuel requirements takeoff and landing performance

carats (srm skills) - cfit awareness ADM risk management automation skills task management situational awareness

grabcard (equipment for ifr per 91.205) - generator (alternator), rate of turn indicator, ball (slip skid ind) clock AI radio DG DME (fl240 and above)

Marvelousvfrc500 (atc reports) - missed approach airspeed off by 5% or 10 kts reaching holding fix or clearance limit vacating an altitude ETA off by >2 mins leaving holding outer marker inbound unforecast weather safety of flight issues vfr-on-top altitude change fAF inbound radio failure compulsory reporting point reached can’t maintain 500fpm cling/descent

not to mention arrow, av1ate.....

Asaarrrrrrgh need. To. Sit. With. DPE. Now!

Haha Gary, you nailed it.

Need to fly, too. Going up Saturday AM to practice approaches again (again) prior to Tuesday's exam. So far weather looks good... fingers and toes are all crossed!

I just got my first bottle of monkey shoulder, that stuff is pretty good!

Been on a Manhattan kick lately. Must be because my wife is watching Mad Men right now...

i-h59wzjP-X3.jpg

It's an aviation acronym. Oh no... what does it stand for...??! Better get back to studying...

It all paid off. I passed yesterday. Oral was about 1.5 hours. I was really well prepared. Flight was again about 1.5 hours. My CFII had me so prepared it felt easy.

The problem is... now I have nothing to do in the evenings when my fam is in bed.

It all paid off. I passed yesterday. Oral was about 1.5 hours. I was really well prepared. Flight was again about 1.5 hours. My CFII had me so prepared it felt easy.

The problem is... now I have nothing to do in the evenings when my fam is in bed.

Commercial?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Commercial?
emoji56.png

I am seriously considering it... but I am not sure I would use it for anything. I don't want to teach. And, in my mid-40s, I don't think I am going to switch to a career in aviation. Honest question - any reasons ya'll went for Commercial with no real intent to use it to fly commercially?

I still may do it... just because I do like the challenge and having ratings is.. well, it's cool :lol:

I did it because I’d made up my mind to be a CFI and it was a prerequisite for that. I think I’ve only exercised it once or twice (moved someone airplane around).

I don’t know your current skill set, but once your wallet recovers I’d vote for something fun like tail wheel, floats, acrobatics, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am seriously considering it... but I am not sure I would use it for anything. I don't want to teach. And, in my mid-40s, I don't think I am going to switch to a career in aviation. Honest question - any reasons ya'll went for Commercial with no real intent to use it to fly commercially?

I still may do it... just because I do like the challenge and having ratings is.. well, it's cool :lol:

I did it in '18 at 62 in order to get back proficient after not flying for about 11 years, and also, you just never know the flying opportunity that might come up that you could take advantage of. You don't 'need' it right now, but you never know what might come your way. A lot can happen in the years you have left. And get it while you're still 'fresh'.

Good points all around... I may do tailwheel... just for fun. But I also may start on commercial since I have some momentum and am in that learning mode. And good point, Brian... lots can happen in life.

I also may take some time and just file and travel...

Congrats!! Yeah, the decompression sucks. I feel like I have nothing to do, lol.

Thanks, 455B and Gary! Yeah, and now it is too lousy here in DC area to even go anywhere IFR... So I am sort of wandering aimlessly through skyvector, foreflight, aviationweather and other sites just planning flights I am not going to take any time in the next few days lol.

Back