I just can’t stomach this anymore tonight...

It all paid off. I passed yesterday. Oral was about 1.5 hours. I was really well prepared. Flight was again about 1.5 hours. My CFII had me so prepared it felt easy.

The problem is... now I have nothing to do in the evenings when my fam is in bed.
I recommend bourbon... and cigars.

I think IFR is the hardest checkride there is.

Was harder than private, for sure. Yet... easier somehow. I was pre-cise on the headings and altitudes the whole time, though. Calm winds aloft helped - we had been training in some gnarly upper level winds I was so I was prepared. Overall, my CFII over-prepared me in such a good way. We had flown all of the approached on the checkride several times before, except one. Didn't matter. I was within a dot of loc and gs the whole way down. Made small, gentle corrections. Had all my power settings nailed so the descents were like the plane was on rails. But the training was hard. So I guess that's the way to put it - training for IR was much much harder than private. And that made the checkride easier and less stressful. If that makes any sense.

It all paid off. I passed yesterday. Oral was about 1.5 hours. I was really well prepared. Flight was again about 1.5 hours. My CFII had me so prepared it felt easy.

The problem is... now I have nothing to do in the evenings when my fam is in bed.

Well done sir. Happy for you!

..Honest question - any reasons ya'll went for Commercial with no real intent to use it to fly commercially?

I still may do it... just because I do like the challenge and having ratings is.. well, it's cool :lol:

It helps when you let the stewardess know you are a pilot if they need one.

When you’re at a party, how do you know who’s a pilot...?

They’ll tell you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back