I hope they recover quickly and are OK!

Fast healing, Gary and Mary!

And Gary: GOOD JOB!

:yeahthat:

Great job putting it down, under a scenario all of us train for but hope we never have to actually deal with. :thumbsup:
Wishing a speedy and full recovery for you both!

Man, I have been following his purchase and sale of his first plane. Praying for them both.

Great job handling the emergency!

I had just subscribed to his Youtube channel a week or two ago after he posted here and was following his transition to the Bo after selling his Sundowner.

Whoa! I just saw this thread.

Hoping @GMascelli and his bride are recovering well, and a little sad for him considering he just got the plane.

And I hate golf, but those who like it can build all the golf courses they like near airports that once weren’t surrounded by other stuff, and all over cities. Might come in handy... and not for golf.

:yeahthat:

Great job putting it down, under a scenario all of us train for but hope we never have to actually deal with. :thumbsup:
Wishing a speedy and full recovery for you both!

I second these thoughts. The challenges and stress present in making a successful off airport emergency landing are many, and this gentleman performed admirably.

Best wishes, and get well soon.

^^^ that's good news! Hope Gary gets to go home soon as well.

I have read and followed Gary's posts here for several years and consider him to be one of the good guys on POA. I'm sure he's disappointed but glad his wife is OK. Looks like a nice job putting it down on the golf course, one of their best uses IMO. Here's to a speedy recovery pilot, you've earned your stripes.

This one hits a little close to home for me considering he just made the move to the Deb from a Sundowner, and I have my Sierra up for sale looking at a similar move up. Definitely has my mind racing a bit. Sure hope everyone's fine.

Best wishes to them both. I've only known him online through PoA, but he does seem like one of the good guys. I hope he has a speedy and full recovery. Insurance will take care of the plane. He looks to have done a great job putting it down in a way that allowed them to walk away.

Wonderful news!

Thanks for all The thoughts and prayers. Mary indeed has been released from the hospital she has some serious back issues and each day more goose eggs are appearing on her head and bruising. However I’m still in the hospital I also have Fractured my back, sternum,four ribs, skull fracture and my new glasses decided to leave their design all around my right eye. Scars are like tsttoo’s just a better story.

I look like I went a few rounds with a boxer and got my butt kicked. Come to think of it my body feels the same way. I’ll be checking in again when I can.

Thanks for all The thoughts and prayers. Mary indeed has been released from the hospital she has some serious back issues and each day more goose eggs are appearing on her head and bruising. However I’m still in the hospital I also have Fractured my back, sternum,four ribs, skull fracture and my new glasses decided to leave their design all around my right eye. Scars are like tsttoo’s just a better story.

I look like I went a few rounds with a boxer and got my butt kicked. Come to think of it my body feels the same way. I’ll be checking in again when I can.
Glad you are still around to tell the story. Praying for a full recovery!

Happy to hear from you Gary. A lot of injuries, wow. Take care and get well soon. So glad you're still with us. Great job putting the plane down and surviving.

Last edited:

WOW! Do appreciate the update ! Two questions:

1.) Why were you posting at 3:50AM?
2.) Who is this Guerrino guy posing as you? ;)

Glad to see you posting and I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Sounds like you'll be up and about in a couple days so you can start buffing out the damage on the Deb.

I also have Fractured my back, sternum,four ribs, skull fracture and my new glasses decided to leave their design all around my right eye.
Yeah, but you should see the other guy! ;)

Gary, sorry you guys got hurt but you did a fine job saving the day. Get better soon!

Wow Gary, glad you're as well as can be considering. The article says "their small plane crashed" makes it sound like the plane was in control, but obviously YOU did a great job getting it onto the ground as safely as possible under the circumstances and if you both were able to exit a burning craft, you did EXCELLENT job actively landing the plane! Sheesh... reporters... Hoping you both a speedy recovery.

Excellent airmanship to put your plane down off airport in a way that allowed your guys survival!! Glad Mary was released. I wish you both speedy/full recoveries.

Back