I have a lot of questions, so instead of creating a thread for each one, this will be where I ask.

Students almost always come up with their own nomenclature early in training no matter what the field. It’s part of learning as they relate new stuff to their own experience. Helping them along the path is part of the fun of teaching.

I won’t belittle a student for using their own language since at least they are trying. It can be frustrating as it was here since we had no idea whatinthehell was going on. Make it a joke and move on.

I get that but come on, it has little to no resemblance to a balloon and you don’t have to be a pilot or even a student pilot to see that.

Also, I was very willing to help her and that is why I asked if the balloons in question were teathered balloons in my first reply. That question went unanswered.

Last, I actually spent a little time with the sectional and google earth to see if I could figure out what she was referring to. I even located those radomes and a couple of others and wondered very briefly if they were what she was calling weather balloons. I quickly dismissed that idea as it seemed highly implausible.

I get that but come on, it has little to no resemblance to a balloon and you don’t have to be a pilot or even a student pilot to see that.

Also, I was very willing to help her and that is why I asked if the balloons in question were teathered balloons in my first reply. That question went unanswered.

Last, I actually spent a little time with the sectional and google earth to see if I could figure out what she was referring to. I even located those radomes and a couple of others and wondered very briefly if they were what she was calling weather balloons. I quickly dismissed that idea as it seemed highly implausible.
You made it further than me. I looked at the sectional to see if there was a tethered balloon and moved on.

Maybe when you’re smoking hot you can get by with being rude.
Or maybe it was a troll. I dunno. I’ve seen students call things strange names and just sort of go with the flow.

He can't...check your numbers again.
What makes you think I am a man? People talk about what they know, so perhaps you have been in many predicaments where people are faking their femininity to you?

Anyways, enough of the non-sense. How is everyone doing today?

10846144_10152514228252742_8599127167427083201_n.jpg
This is my eyeball.

What makes you think I am a man? People talk about what they know, so perhaps you have been in many predicaments where people are faking their femininity to you?

Cuz man or woman you gotta have a lotta balls to fly!

...and women are generally smart enough to not post here...sorry.

Let's look at the definition of a troll: A social media troll, by definition, is someone who creates conflict on sites like Twitter, Facebook and Reddit by posting messages that are particularly controversial or inflammatory with the sole intent of provoking an emotional (read: angry) response from other users.

I am just a student pilot here asking questions from people who know about what I want to do. Basically I was told that I need to go ask my instructor these questions. So I asked what is the point of this then. Then it went downhill from there. Call me a troll, call me a man, but you can't call me someone who is not inquisitive.

Let's look at the definition of a troll: A social media troll, by definition, is someone who creates conflict on sites like Twitter, Facebook and Reddit by posting messages that are particularly controversial or inflammatory with the sole intent of provoking an emotional (read: angry) response from other users.

I am just a student pilot here asking questions from people who know about what I want to do. Basically I was told that I need to go ask my instructor these questions. So I asked what is the point of this then. Then it went downhill from there. Call me a troll, call me a man, but you can't call me someone who is not inquisitive.

We have a history of people coming on here under the guys that they are a lady.
Then we have a history of running them off. I'm using the royal we. I assume you are a legit student with lady bits (but there is still a 50% chance you are ed fred)
We also have a history of running off real women because we think they are guise

More often than not it is a joker.
Some women have managed to fight through it and stick around.

Some women just use men's names.

Think of your first month here is pledge week and you will be fine.
Probably shouldn't be that way but we get trolls so we (royal we again) are gun shy.

Lol...Building a home? That is cool.

My question was asking where was this thing located that I was trying to find. Apparently it is a radome. Now I know the New England area better. I can fly around knowing where I am just by looking at the earth.

And now you can see why it’s best to post one question per thread. The average number of posts in any one thread before it turns into utter chaos is eleven. Fewer if you are (or are pretending to be—doesn’t matter) a woman or a fighter pilot or if you mention AOAs.

There is no real point to POA; just a bunch of aviators talking.
But mscard88 gave you good advice. Too many people think the CFI is the boss, but in the end, you are the boss. He is going to challenge you, but you have every right to ask him to clarify himself.

And there are people trying to help you here. So ditch a little of the attitude and loosen up a little. You don't want people to think you are ungrateful.
When i ditch a little attitude ... I usually start my decent

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Lol...Building a home? That is cool.

My question was asking where was this thing located that I was trying to find. Apparently it is a radome. Now I know the New England area better. I can fly around knowing where I am just by looking at the earth.
Garage.

I’m just not seeing the relevance of a Laplace Transform in that setting.
Everybody has their favorite equation, right?

Integral transforms are applied to equations...every engineer knows this (or used to before the anti-math crowd invaded ABET surveys and advisory boards)

Don't get me started on ABET and undergrad engineering curricula.

EEs we hire these days can write firmware (sorta), but have no idea how an electric motor works, or what a Sallen-Key filter is, or what "power factor" means, or the importance of Nyquist and sampling rate, or ....

I complained to an EE prof from the U of FL a couple of years ago that their new EE grads had never taken a machines class. "Oh, that's a graduate level class now." Great. We have folks with a BSEE from UF (and many other engineering schools) who don't even know how the motor in a washing machine works.

Sheeeeesh.

I'm having to run a series of training courses for our new hires to teach them what they should have learned as undergrads but didn't.

Back