I got to fly a Mirage!

FletchAir is in your neck of the woods. They're supposed to be the Grumman guru nationwide.

Think they got out of the training/rental business a number of years ago.....but they may know of Tigers for sale in DFW area.
..,.,....but, yeah, would certainly make AA5 ownership in that area painless.

I have a Malibu and if it had 39ft wings it would be perfect. Hard to fly the other planes after flying. Everything else seems so noisy after a pressurized hull.

I think 6PC needs to try a Eurocopter or JetRanger.

I think 6PC needs to try a Eurocopter or JetRanger.

Helicopters scare the ever loving hell out of me.
I flew in one a couple years ago and it was fine but the physics part of my brain says "no"

Everybody needs a Malibu. I miss mine at times, it was a privalage to own it. I don't miss the insurance, hangar charges, and all of my time keeping it up.

My wife tells me I can get another if I want it.

I always liked the Mirage. I don't think they will fit in a normal T-hangar which is a bummer. From what I hear, they are not the most reliable airplane either, but I would own one in a heartbeat if it had a chute. (are you listening Piper?). I'd love to have a pressurized cabin. Now the Turboprop Meridian is a different story.. I'd be all over that bad boy as it is if it were less money!

The pictures make the front seats look cramped. How would you compare that to the Cirrus?

I always liked the Mirage. I don't think they will fit in a normal T-hangar which is a bummer. From what I hear, they are not the most reliable airplane either, but I would own one in a heartbeat if it had a chute. (are you listening Piper?). I'd love to have a pressurized cabin. Now the Turboprop Meridian is a different story.. I'd be all over that bad boy as it is if it were less money!

The pictures make the front seats look cramped. How would you compare that to the Cirrus?

Getting in and out of the front seats is a trick.
You have to really want to get up front.

The plane is cool as all get out but at 5'10, my head was bumping the ceiling. (bose A20)

The pilots def. get a raw deal in this one. The Pax however are in the lap of luxury.

Also, I WANT SPEED BRAKES!!!
Incredibly effective.

Some of the new Moonies and the TTX have baby speed brakes. Always thought the SR22 could use a pair as well.

Man, I was really thinking about breakfast at the Beacon on Sunday. I'm just going to pretend that my day would have turned out as cool as that if I had! That Mirage seems like an awesome plane.

Sounds like fun! BTW did you ask his permission to post the pics? (Some people find it annoying when guests run out and post pics of social visits.) Just asking, he might not care.

Very cool! The guy we bought our plane from stepped into a Malibu... still waiting for my ride... lol... Congrats!

Getting in and out of the front seats is a trick.
You have to really want to get up front.

The plane is cool as all get out but at 5'10, my head was bumping the ceiling. (bose A20)

The pilots def. get a raw deal in this one. The Pax however are in the lap of luxury.

Also, I WANT SPEED BRAKES!!!
Incredibly effective.

Getting in and out of the front is a procedure...on your third or fourth time...you will have found 'the' way in and out.

I am 5'10 and overweight but getting in/out of my Matrix is easy now that I know the 'procedure'. :D

Oh...and you are 1000% correct about the speed brakes...great tool.

Sounds like fun! BTW did you ask his permission to post the pics? (Some people find it annoying when guests run out and post pics of social visits.) Just asking, he might not care.

This is a good question. I asked in passing but then saw this and just reconfirmed he was fine with it. I also posted them on the forum on which we both post. Even though he said "It's totally fine", I removed the one w/ him in it.

I know I am more free w/ media then some people and that is just because I am fully aware of what you can get from the smallest seed.

handful of years ago, I was in a bit of a contest with a group of folks at work to see how much information we could get about a person w/ the least amount of information. We were given random bits of info and it was insane what all information we could get. From a single photo or a portion of a license plate, we were able to get names addresses, workplace, spouse, boss, family, friends, photos, past vehicles / homes, former employers, videos.

I have since given up any concerns about privacy online.
That said, I know many are not like that and I do try to remember to ask before sharing photos that implicate that someone else may have been in contact with me. A lot of people wouldn't want that known :D

Thank you for asking though. It is a good reminder.

That was the most amazing plane I have ever been in. Definitely first purchase after we pick up our Power Ball winnings. :yes:

Hi, Mrs. SixPapaCharlie!

No doubt, the cabin is awesome. But I am sure that you thought the front seats are pretty cool, too!

My wife and kids loved the club seating arrangement and the kids did a ton of homework on the table. Pressurization makes a huge difference in the fatigue factor on long trips, too. Plus, the ability to get over a fair amount of the weather is pretty important for comfort, as well.

I think it is extraordinarily cool that you are such an airplane enthusiast! In my family the airplane is mostly just a way to get from Point A to Point B, so Mr. SixPapaCharlie is a lucky guy!

Abram Finkelstein
N48KY

Hi, Mrs. SixPapaCharlie!

No doubt, the cabin is awesome. But I am sure that you thought the front seats are pretty cool, too!

My wife and kids loved the club seating arrangement and the kids did a ton of homework on the table. Pressurization makes a huge difference in the fatigue factor on long trips, too. Plus, the ability to get over a fair amount of the weather is pretty important for comfort, as well.

I think it is extraordinarily cool that you are such an airplane enthusiast! In my family the airplane is mostly just a way to get from Point A to Point B, so Mr. SixPapaCharlie is a lucky guy!

Abram Finkelstein
N48KY

Ha!
For us most of the time the airplane is a way to get from point A to point A :)

Ha, I just wanted to let you know: this did not go unnoticed. Well played. :D :rofl:

I'm glad someone noticed! :D

But what if it had a 'chute?

The 'copter 'chute would require an explosive device to remove the main rotor prior to deploying. Think about that for a minute. I think I'll take my chances with the engine failure.

Ha!
For us most of the time the airplane is a way to get from point A to point A :)

I can count on one finger the number of times my wife has said "You know, its a really nice day. Let's fly somewhere...."

Abram Finkelstein
N48KY

So at 6'1" a Mirage for myself shouldn't be on the Powerball list since I may not fit up front? Damn.

Did you pull the chute?

:D

+1 I'm 6'7" and a skinny 200 lbs and can't fit into any of those old designes (airplane, not car ;)...

Waiting for that Powerball to get a EPIC or Kestrel, which ever comes first. Now those I can fit in...

+2.. 6'7" here as well. I did my PP-ASEL checkride in a 152. As we're walking across the ramp toward the plane, the DE asks "How do you get in that thing!?" I said "I don't really 'get in', I kind of 'wear it'".

RV-10 has been the best plane to fit me that I've flown so far.

+2.. 6'7" here as well. I did my PP-ASEL checkride in a 152. As we're walking across the ramp toward the plane, the DE asks "How do you get in that thing!?" I said "I don't really 'get in', I kind of 'wear it'".

You've never flown a 310. ;)

I got to sit in one once. It was cool.

I also got to sit in a TBM 850 once. It was also cool.

Unfortunately no flying went along with either:(

So at 6'1" a Mirage for myself shouldn't be on the Powerball list since I may not fit up front? Damn.

There are a fair number of people that are 6' and taller that fly PA46s. If you go to the MMOPA website, there are a number of posts about it. I am pretty certain there is also a seat mod that you can do to accommodate taller pilots. Of course, at 5'9" I did not have those issues!

Abram Finkelstein
N48KY

Yup, I soloed in a 152 also, but I was a teenager and about 30 pounds lighter then. I recently tried to get into one and I thought, how did I ever fly this plane?

My Glasair Sportsman is really comfortable for me but, if not the Epic, I would love an RV-10.

That was the most amazing plane I have ever been in. Definitely first purchase after we pick up our Power Ball winnings. :yes:

I think that before you do that, you need a ride in a PC-12. PapaCharlie-12. Has a nice ring to it.

Back