I Can't Quit You

Jesse:

Did I ever tell you that, when we moved from our prior home (the one in which you stayed once), I found that missing Smith & Wesson revolver?

It was in my closet, behind the sweaters. You had the right idea, just the wrong closet.

Jesse:

Did I ever tell you that, when we moved from our prior home (the one in which you stayed once), I found that missing Smith & Wesson revolver?

It was in my closet, behind the sweaters. You had the right idea, just the wrong closet.

haha, glad it turned up

haha, glad it turned up

Challenge is, ammo for it is very rare, now; it is not .38 special, but rather, ".38 S&W," and one must further be careful to buy rounds that are not too "hot," as they can be excessive for a broken-frame gun like the S&W "lemon squeezer."

Got some, am taking the pistol to a gunsmith for inspection and "recertification." If it is found to be in good fettle, I may use it as a carry gun, as it is very compact. We'll see...

Challenge is, ammo for it is very rare, now; it is not .38 special, but rather, ".38 S&W," and one must further be careful to buy rounds that are not too "hot," as they can be excessive for a broken-frame gun like the S&W "lemon squeezer."

Time to roll your own ammo. A single stage press is fine for small batches. It's the only way to get the rounds you really want. That said, my 1973 Hornady Handbook doesn't have 38 S&W data. Data appear to be available on the web...

When was it made?

Time to roll your own ammo. A single stage press is fine for small batches. It's the only way to get the rounds you really want. That said, my 1973 Hornady Handbook doesn't have 38 S&W data. Data appear to be available on the web...

When was it made?

Best I can tell from the Serial No., it was manufactured in 1899. It is in pretty good condition, especially for its age. A nice, compact little sucker.

Fine for large batches as well, if you have time on your hands!

I can crank out 100 rounds an hour on a single stage press. My next one will be a turret press, so I should be able to cut that in half.

I can crank out 100 rounds an hour on a single stage press. My next one will be a turret press, so I should be able to cut that in half.
Do you mean you will now be able to do 50/hr?:D

He'll make up the 50% drop in production rate with volume!

BTW, I kinda like single stage - let's me focus on each step and progress in stages, stopping at any point.

Back