I am officially a real pilot

ATLShaun

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Shaun
Got my instrument rating yesterday. What a great feeling.

Anyways, my mean pilot friends (and some on here haha) can no longer tell me I am not a 'real' pilot yet anymore.

I must say that my skills and knowledge both increased dramatically through this process so I somewhat understand where that mindset is coming from.

You're still not a real pilot until you fly a plane with a propeller that you have to wind before you take off.

Jk! Congrats! I need to get my IFR ticket ASAP too... stupid clouds always spoiling otherwise perfect weather! =D

Congrats, Shaun. Even if you never use your new rating, you have truly quadrupled your aviation knowledge as well as tighten up previous skills.

So you got your tailwheel endorsement?

(Said by someone who also doesn't have theirs)

Congrats! I'm hoping to get mine done in another month. Who did you take your ride with?

congrats.

I plan on being a fake pilot for as long as possible OR until I own, whichever comes first.

Congratulations! Any check ride write up would be appreciated as well. I'm in progress towards the IR as well.

John

Nah, you were a real pilot the first time you took off without an instructor in the right seat, and came back for a safe landing. The IR just gives you the tools to get more utility out of aviation - and hopefully better weather decision-making skills.

Congratulations on the new rating! :D

I just finished mine last month. Great feeling but haven't had a chance to use it yet.

Congrats! I'm hoping to get mine done in another month. Who did you take your ride with?

Ben Carr at KFGU/KCHA

Very fair guy (as was Randy Haralson with whom I took my Private Pilot check-ride)

Congrats! I am definitely among those who perpetuate that "myth". :)

I just got my PPL a few months ago. I have currently less 90hrs total air time. I am real though dammit.

But with so freakin much to learn it's not even sunk it how ignorant I am. And yet, I can fly a damn plane.

That's something I never even considered doing a few years ago. I'm 52 years old and just now bought a plane and learned to fly it. Helluva mid... post mid-life crisis.

I will go for my instrument training as soon as the cash allows. Then a better plane... then.... It never ends... but that is the beauty.. I think.

Congrats,to be a real pilot , you have to have a tail wheel endorsement .

Congrats man!!

Now start building an airplane ;)

Congratulations, Mr. Real Pilot! :D

Now if only I could find the thread that discussed "Does IR make you a better pilot?" on about 15 pages ...... :D

Congrats!

(But you're not really a real pilot yet. Go get endorsed to fly airplanes with the wheels on right.) ;)

Back