Huh? Woman complains about Hobby Lobby display

I need a safe space

I hope she doesn't wear any clothes with cotton. Some people are so creative at looking for ways to be offended.

I hope she doesn't wear any clothes with cotton. Some people are so creative at looking for ways to be offended.

That's one of the ironies of her complaining. What's your clothing made up of? Hmm?

Ya know, the person being offended by a person being offended is almost as bad as the original person to be offended.

Maybe we should stop publicizing this kind of idiocy.

to quote Cayde-6, "Oh My Cotton Socks!"

What's next, banning the Dukes of Hazard because the General Lee has a certain flag painted on the roof?

Hopefully Hobby Lobby gives this the attention that it deserves and completely ignores it.

If other examples of social media keyboard cowboys (or is it cow-persons?) are instructive, she's aiming for her 15 minutes of fame and influence as a shakedown artist. It works. That doesn't make her an idiot, it makes her an opportunist.

JKG

Ya know, the person being offended by a person being offended is almost as bad as the original person to be offended.

Maybe we should stop publicizing this kind of idiocy.
Actually, it needs to be publicized. This is what many parents get in return for funding their children's college education nowdays. Outrage is all the rage and this type of idiocy is far from an isolated incident. Ignoring it isn't going to make it go away.

SJW nutter.

Last edited:
I noticed cotton in Hobby Lobby a few months ago and snapped a picture and sent it to my sister and her husband and my cousin. It was about 10 or 15 cotton bolls packaged for sale for $4.99. They were all offended too.

They, being west Texas cotton farmers, would have only earned about 1 penny of that $4.99.

IMG_0008.JPG

Do you feel oppressed yet?

If other examples of social media keyboard cowboys (or is it cow-persons?) are instructive, she's aiming for her 15 minutes of fame and influence as a shakedown artist. It works. That doesn't make her an idiot, it makes her an opportunist.
It certainly did work. Someone posted it here. People like this (the person who complained about the cotton) need to be ignored.

I for one am appalled at the overall lack of sympathy for the perspective that raw cotton is a symbol of oppression. I am certain that congress will take action to outlaw all images of raw cotton. It is time to burn books again and educate the proletariat.

So no more Cotton Bowl? No
More cotton candy? Not more cottony clouds?

This one is too easy to solve.

It can be like the blood diamond thing.

"Be it known, far and wide, and written in the stupidity of The House and The Senate, and affirmed by The President.... No cotton grown by a slave holder may be used for any commercial purpose."

Okay.. go find us some really ****ing old cotton to argue about. Or better yet, don't.

DuGKWqE.jpg

In before the lock :D
ok - here we go - "pre-Civil War South" issue. With Global Climate Change cotton will be a North cash crop - y'all have fun.

I heard from a guy at work that someone sued an aspirin company for putting cotton in the top of the bottles, claiming it was offensive.

That's not a cotton plant...it's a polyester plant. Can't these people tell the difference?!?

Someone somewhere can always get honked off about something. Cotton and cotton plants are kind of a big deal to folks in the fiber arts communities.

I found a list of trigger warnings.

One of the triggers is Trypophobia. I didn't know it was a "thing", a fear of irregular patterns of small holes.

>>>
If discussing one of these things, it is considered common courtesy to put a simple “Trigger Warning: [Subject]” before a post.
<<<

http://privilege101.tumblr.com/triggers.html

Dang! I forgot, "Trigger Warning!"

I swear that if someone like her worked with me, I'd have a bouquet of cotton on my desk.

Lol. Not at all. Unless having a low tolerance for folks with silly irrational thoughts/fears and liking to mess with them is bigotry. For instance, take Matthew's reference to trypophobia. If there was someone who claimed to have that, I'd have a couple of pics or objects in my cube with irregular patterns of small holes. Fear spiders or snakes? I'd have them on my screensaver. It's all great fun.

Lol. Not at all. Unless having a low tolerance for folks with silly irrational thoughts/fears and liking to mess with them is bigotry. For instance, take Matthew's reference to trypophobia. If there was someone who claimed to have that, I'd have a couple of pics or objects in my cube with irregular patterns of small holes. Fear spiders or snakes? I'd have them on my screensaver. It's all great fun.

You know I was kidding. I agree completely.

But I am going to quit wearing T shirts (which I wear every day) time), underwear (cammo time) as they're made of cotton, and you know, 999 years ago slaves had to pick the cotton to make them. So in concert w/ those offended by white cotton balls, here a pic of me wearing no cotton.

Yeah right, like that's gonna happen. I ain't giving up my T shirts!
WCBP! White Cotton Ball Power!

Back