How well do know our country?

23/25, missed numbers 7 and 8.

All political quizzes should be banned!

24/25. I think Jefferson plagerized Hamilton, lol. I wanted to pick "journalists and national media" for 13. As f upped as some media has become, gawd help us all if The Fourth Estate becomes controlled by the G'vnmt. I'll go stand in the corner now for gettin political.

Good night and good luck.

FWIW, the OP test is based mostly on the citizenship test as well. most questions are lifted right from it

24/25.

Would have aced it but I misread WWI as WWII and chose Roosevelt as President.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

I made the same mistake. :oops:

Now that there are two of us I'm claiming the software displayed WWII the first time. Yeah. That's it.

22/25. These days that's an A grade right? It used to be a B, but we're all so much more gentile now.

Actually the test for US Citizenship is more difficult.
Actually, the test for US Citizenship is identical. That's where BOR got all these questions and answers. He did not invent them, merely copied them.

Glad to see scores in the 20's across the board here.

I think that in order to get a high school diploma, students should have to take the citizenship test and pass with at least a 90.

Eh? It says that the current president is a DEMOCRAT. Either Bill O'Reilly is a bigger right wing extremist then I had previously thought or he hasn't updated the poll since inauguration day. His statement about income taxes is actually wrong about four different ways. Actually, April 15 (as adjusted for holidays and Sundays, due to some local state holidays, the due date is typically a couple of days late) is just the filing due date. You can get an automatic extension to October, and in fact, you have three years from the original due date to actually file a return (you're just going to owe a penalty and interest on any tax you owe).

Republican as current president worked for me. Maybe because I am a member of the right club..??? :yes: :lol::lol::lol:

24/25. I think Jefferson plagerized Hamilton, lol.
Hamilton, no. Hamilton was a heavy influence on the Constitution, but not the Declaration of Independence. Jefferson relied heavily on prior documents by notables such as George Mason and even Voltaire. Hamilton really was unheard of in the American political scene until after the revolution (which he indeed fought in). Calling Jeffersons use of the prior documents is quite "plagiarism."

I got partway through the citizenship test but lost the connection and didn't feel like trying again. However the question about the Vice President didn't list Pence, and Biden was the correct answer.

It's right but it's wrong. It is typically April 15 but this year that is on a Saturday whcih would push to Monday April 17, but that is emancipation day in DC so this year it is April 18. April 15 though is the best answer.
It isn't even right. Taxes do not have to be filed on the 15th. Taxes must be paid by the 15th to avoid penalty. Big difference.

Hamilton, no. Hamilton was a heavy influence on the Constitution, but not the Declaration of Independence. Jefferson relied heavily on prior documents by notables such as George Mason and even Voltaire. Hamilton really was unheard of in the American political scene until after the revolution (which he indeed fought in). Calling Jeffersons use of the prior documents is quite "plagiarism."

Lol. Didn't really think he plagiarized it. It was a "dog ate my homework" kind of joke. At first I thought Jefferson but then I got a visual of John Hancocks signature and jumped on Hamilton because his name started with H. Bottom line is I forgot who wrote it. Hamilton's claim to fame was the Federalist Papers 10 years later when the Constitution was drafted. Those could certainly use a little review nowadays.

I got partway through the citizenship test but lost the connection and didn't feel like trying again. However the question about the Vice President didn't list Pence, and Biden was the correct answer.

Yeah. Looks like that link has been updated to at least a few ago.

The full 100 question test that i posted from csmonitor is from 2011. It has not been updated, so the "current" government is circa 2011 Obama administration.

Incidentally, the actual test for the citizenship is 10 verbal questions(from these 100, possibly slightly changed) and you have to get 6 correct.

Went back to see...

32596620126_a781c32381_m.jpg

No excuse, but something with the kerning must have fooled our eyes. Or at least 3 of us.

I guess.

Eh? It says that the current president is a DEMOCRAT. Either Bill O'Reilly is a bigger right wing extremist then I had previously thought or he hasn't updated the poll since inauguration day. His statement about income taxes is actually wrong about four different ways. Actually, April 15 (as adjusted for holidays and Sundays, due to some local state holidays, the due date is typically a couple of days late) is just the filing due date. You can get an automatic extension to October, and in fact, you have three years from the original due date to actually file a return (you're just going to owe a penalty and interest on any tax you owe).
It's not a CPA exam.

I thought the Germans bombed pearl harbor to end WW1. This is confussing.
Wrong, Air Force B-17 fighter jets dropped nuclear weapons of mass destruction on the cities of Kawasaki and Suzuki. Then we liberated the migrant camps. That is what ended WW1.

It isn't even right. Taxes do not have to be filed on the 15th. Taxes must be paid by the 15th to avoid penalty. Big difference.
The fact that such a question is even present on the citizenship test leads me to wondering whether this country isn't what it used to be and only cares about money money money now. *shrug*
Am I the only one?

The fact that such a question is even present on the citizenship test leads me to wondering whether this country isn't what it used to be and only cares about money money money now. *shrug*
Am I the only one?

Was it ever any different? The country was founded in an attempt to avoid paying taxes.

Back