how to rectify wrong Tach hrs in log book

WannFly

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Priyo
After my avionics work, i got some log book entries and now i see the tach reading is wrong on them (3 entries). i already put one in the log book before realizing the mistake. can a PPL correct that reading? or do i need to get new sticker?

After my avionics work, i got some log book entries and now i see the tach reading is wrong on them (3 entries). i already put one in the log book before realizing the mistake. can a PPL correct that reading? or do i need to get new sticker?
I'd like to think as the owner you can correct them and maybe initial. I'd like to hear what the actual experts think about this. I would ask the shop to make the correct stickers and then place it on top of the wrong one.

There is no real FAA guidance on correcting logbook entries. If it's your write-up a simple strikethrough and correction with an initial will do. If it's someone else's write-up contact them and see what they want to do. I would not recommend changing another person's entry without their knowledge. If not possible to contact, make a separate entry, note the change, and sign off the entry. There's really no perfect way except to get the write up redone.

FYI: only aircraft total time is required to be recorded. So if they referenced the TT in the write up and it is correct then.... But the more accurate the entry info the better. I always enter aircraft TT along with tach or hobbs time regardless if it is maintenance or inspection. It made research easier.

I wish all A&P makes a note of Tach, TT and Hobbs on every entry, but they don’t. Some did, I see in my log book. This particular entry is Tach only and it’s off by 3000 hrs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish all A&P makes a note of Tach, TT and Hobbs on every entry
Since you're responsible for aircraft TT requirements per 91.417 you can request your mechanics to enter TT in their write ups. You might get a push back from those who are 43.9 purists but if previous logbook entries show TT with tach/hobbs time most mechanics should follow suit--at least in my experience.

At least the errors aren’t cumulative like weight and balance errors. I went through all my changes in put them in a spreadsheet, numerous errors, but they sort of balance out, I’m with in 2lbs.

Make. simple entry correcting the AFTT and Engine SMO

" the correct total time for this airframe is _______

then sign it as "owner". no number required.

Make. simple entry correcting the AFTT and Engine SMO

" the correct total time for this airframe is _______

then sign it as "owner". no number required.
Would it be appropriate to reference the particular entry where the error was made?

Would it be appropriate to reference the particular entry where the error was made?
Wouldn't hurt, but no need.

I've seen whole pages correcting W&B, TT, ETT,and late entries.
" The total time for this airframe is xxxxx at Tach time of XXXX"
is another entry I have seen also.

There really isn't much direction from the FAA on this.

And of course you can have a 337 filled out and sent in to OKC to record these changes in the aircraft history records.

Well, I would suggest that you contact the Chief Counsel but they punted on the issue a couple of years ago in Easter.

I found a significant error in mine. Had my AP look it over with me, he then made a note where the original mistake was made and a new log book entry correcting the time and referencing where the original mistake was made.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just throwing this out...

a 3000 hour mistake is pretty easy to understand as a goof with a note correcting it shortly after. It's not like rolling back the tach or trying to add TBO.

i got new stickers apart from one that was already pasted in the log book. that was corrected with the avoinics guy's initiatls

Back