How to land a Cirrus in an Aircraft Carrier

...and even then only below a weight limit. Above that, flared landings only.

Nauga,
the PACAH mule
Still on speed, but with a reduced rate of descent.

Hey, in case you haven't noticed: This guy is trying real hard to create a unique selling point for his flight training. He's charging a whopping $1,300 / day if you want him to share his AOA secrets.

http://www.mauiflightacademy.com/csip-bfr-ipc-rates.html

I doubt that any of you will be able to convince him that his teachings don't make much sense... :rolleyes:

I'm sure everyone noticed. He's not the first guy to come in and try to hustle his wares.

Hey, in case you haven't noticed: This guy is trying real hard to create a unique selling point for his flight training. He's charging a whopping $1,300 / day if you want him to share his AOA secrets.

You have to factor in that it is in a Cirrus, and those UV blocking gloves that don't impact AOA accuracy cannot be cheap.

I think this is part of why the Barefoot Bandit needed such a large gofundme request.

Also.. on the gloveS. All of the Cirrus I've seen have a side stick. Why does he need TWO gloves? Seems the Michael Jackson technique should take care of it.

But there are so many to choose from. Which model should I buy???

Yes, please take a picture of your hands.
As a fellow Cirrus aficionado, I want to know what I have to look forward to.

I will send a photo of my hands as soon as I figure out how to do it.

Edit: figured it out, Use the right hand to take a photo of the left and vise versa. I was doing it wrong.
Kept dropping my phone (Which has a camera in it)

Omg you guys it doesn't stop. If you like I can take a photo of the top of my hands and then you can tell me if I need gloves or not.

No, no photo of your hands. Why? Well you'll try to sell us "anti-sun-radiation gloves" or some type of cream for protect! :D

Because he said my teaching method is useless. I don't mind being criticized but our men and women who fly in military are all trained in AoA.
Ummmm I think his post was more directed at your rate.

I own a helicopter and I can get a military pilot with multiple combat tours, test pilot experience, civilian experience and current dpe for less than what you're charging for a day in the cirrus.

I already told you what I think about your aoa sermon in a different post. I think aoa is great but I'm not so sure about you.

I didn't watch the videos but I think the T-38s touch down 10-25kts below donut speed. Landing at donut speed would eat up a lot of runway as well. Navy jets and the C-17 land on-speed, I don't know of anyone else who does that though there may be some others.

You do it in the F-16 as well. There is still a flare, unlike (originally) Navy jets, but for the bold hearted, you can fly the entire approach turn at 13 AoA (yellow donut), and monkey the throttle a little bit in the flare to hold it. Most peeps I know (myself included) fly 11 AoA until the flare (top of the AoA bracket in the HUD or full fast on the indexers), then let it slow to "on speed" just prior to touchdown…….then aerobrake like a little girl until 100 knots or so. Long story short, variances of the on speed approach exist on the USAF side as well. I can't land as precisely in it as I can in a Hornet/Super Hornet, but that isn't really the point on a 14k ft runway…….mainly just don't want to blow a fuze plug or spot a main.

I think you just insulted every military pilot. [...]

No, I didn't. AOA is great. What you are teaching is not.
All you're doing is trying to create a unique selling point for your training, where there is none.

If you find customers who are willing to pay you $1,300 / day + aircraft rental for your questionable and overly simplistic teachings - good for you.

Here at PoA, I however believe that you already did a lot more damage than good to you 'brand'...

1600$ per day? What's included with that?
Obviously not just flight instruction.

I've never met an instructor worth half that, even in Palo Alto. Even the really expensive ones barely break $100/hour, and very good instructors can be found for much less.

I understand needing to make a living in an expensive area, but that's well beyond reasonable.

Obviously not just flight instruction.

I've never met an instructor worth half that, even in Palo Alto. Even the really expensive ones barely break $100/hour, and very good instructors can be found for much less.

I understand needing to make a living in an expensive area, but that's well beyond reasonable.

Yeah but do they teach Angle of Attack? :rolleyes:

Yes, please take a picture of your hands.
As a fellow Cirrus aficionado, I want to know what I have to look forward to.

I will send a photo of my hands as soon as I figure out how to do it.

Edit: figured it out, Use the right hand to take a photo of the left and vise versa. I was doing it wrong.
Kept dropping my phone (Which has a camera in it)

Saw your name on the build list for a new G6 today. Pretty sure the gloves with come with it for a mil. They will measure your delicate hands upon delivery.

All the coke you can snort and you get to choose from one of five sort of cute but well worn hookers all between the age of 39-63!
They must be some good hookers to get a tip of that price.

Back