How not to handle a PD

Velocity173

Touchdown! Greaser!
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Velocity173
Way too much personal interjection these days from controllers. Just issue the stinking PD and continue to work traffic.

Do you suppose the publicity offered by YouTube and others forces the FAA to take certificate action when they otherwise would not?

Do you suppose the publicity offered by YouTube and others forces the FAA to take certificate action when they otherwise would not?
That's a great question.

My complete guess is yes. First, they might not know of it otherwise.

Second, pilots tend to pick up what they see as "cool" behaviors. For a simple and harmless example, witness the increased use of nonsense radio calls like "last call" and "position checks." They may have been used somewhat but I never heard either until I started hearing them on YouTube. I can envision the FAA looking at some antics thinking, "we don't want copycats."

But, with the right attitude, most of these probably still get taken care of under the Compliance Program.

That's a great question.

My complete guess is yes. First, they might not know of it otherwise.

Second, pilots tend to pick up what they see as "cool" behaviors. For a simple and harmless example, witness the increased use of nonsense radio calls like "last call" and "position checks." They may have been used somewhat but I never heard either until I started hearing them on YouTube. I can envision the FAA looking at some antics thinking, "we don't want copycats."

But, with the right attitude, most of these probably still get taken care of under the Compliance Program.
Hmm. Abetting??

Maybe. No certificate action is likely to happen here though. FSDO is out of the loop on this one other than to maybe call ATC and say 'you guys got a problem.' And I'll bet ya when the Controllers supervisors hear about this, they might give him a little attitude adjustment.

Soo..what happens after JetIt42 gets back to the FBO??
What is the point of going back? ATC did not say 'clearance cancelled, return to the ramp' lol.
If it's a 135 or even 91 biz, do the pax just accept that this flight is scrubbed? Do they find other arrangements?
I think I'd write down the number then carry on barring unrevealed medical/mechanical issues.

Soo..what happens after JetIt42 gets back to the FBO??
What is the point of going back? ATC did not say 'clearance cancelled, return to the ramp' lol.
If it's a 135 or even 91 biz, do the pax just accept that this flight is scrubbed? Do they find other arrangements?
I think I'd write down the number then carry on barring unrevealed medical/mechanical issues.

Maybe there was a CRM issue that caused the deviation in the first place and the PIC had a moment of clarity that they needed to go back and reset before trying to fix it on the fly.

yeah, a self-imposed safety stand-down comes to mind.
Or, needed to kick the copilot out?!

Back