How Many Planes Do You Have

0 but I have an ambitious goal of having 2 before end of 2024. A cross country machine and an aerobatic/tailwheel. One day once I get the house on the lake a seaplane as well but that's no time soon. I can't imagine having 5 planes, when would you get the time to fly all of them enough so they aren't being neglected/sitting for periods?

currently 2. I find that I want two when trying to sell one as I hate that period of not being able to fly when you've sold your only plane and looking for a new one. But when everything is set - just one is preferable as you usually end up flying that one - except when you want a plane when its down for annual.

I have more than that. First on the list is my Cessna 205. Beautiful plane that I picked up from an A&P in Texas. Just recently added an Aspen 2000 and Lynx 9000D+. Take the family on vacations and weekends with it. A true family hauler that packs my 2 kids, my wife, and of course, my MIL.

Next is, undoubtedly the best plane money can buy. It'sa stunningly beautiful red bi-plane with yellow pinstripes. Unfortunately it was disassembled by my son to enhance it. Like all things Lego, once they're appart they never seem to get back together.

Then there's the sure flyers we have. We have 4 of them and they launch good from a handheld plastic pistol. Great range and fantastic price. Come in red, orange, blue, and green. All have working lights, too.

Oh wait... you meant only real planes, eh?

Can we consider how many we have access to? Not counting rentals.
3 taildraggers, 9 gliders, of which I own 1.

I only own one for personal use right now. For business use my partner and I have 8 airplanes and 1 helicopter.

2 1/2. Ercoupe, Aerolite 103 and an Aventura Ampib Kit to complete.

2 1/2. Ercoupe, Aerolite 103 and an Aventura Ampib Kit to complete.
Another fraction owner here; I’m at 1 1/5 airplanes. Have my own RV-8, plus a 1/5 share in a T-28D Trojan. The T-28 is fun, but the RV is more bang for the buck and just easier (cheaper!) to operate.

A Grumman AA1A for affordable fun and time building for my spawn.

A Seneca 3 for traveling.

And a partially built Zenith CH750 STOL. Which reminds me...I need to pick up the pace.

Airworthy:
Pietenpol
C-120 (in the pic)

Eminent/Fairly Eminent projects:
Starduster
Chief

Long term project:
GP-4

Part owner:
RV-4

Full Access:
Legend Cub
Vashon Ranger

Good Access:
C-182, J-3, Varga, Cherokee 140, SR-22

Never gonna happen project:
Sturgeon (good luck figuring this one out!)

I guess just the Zagi. I crashed the Eagle 2 years ago, then lost the Das Ugly Stick in a mid-air. I never completed the UltraSport or the Electrostreak.

Oh, and I own part of a C172.

goose egg for moi presently. Always looking for the next fluck up tho.
:biggrin:

The number varies depending on whether work is slow that day...

Papierflieger_--_2021_--_7215.jpg

Can we consider how many we have access to? Not counting rentals.
3 taildraggers, 9 gliders, of which I own 1.
1 glider and one minor partnership in an 8GCBC Scout that we use for a tow plane, but I am the only owner that is insured to fly it.

I have ready access to 6 to 8 more, a M20E, BC12D, C-120. a J3, a Blanik L-13, , a Flight Design CTLS, and probably a 172 and Light Sport Cub if I asked.

At one time, I owned 4 if you include projects...
3 - 1-26 gliders, one of which was flyable
A Q2 Kit partially assembled.

Brian

The number varies depending on whether work is slow that day...

Papierflieger_--_2021_--_7215.jpg
Good point

I didn't count RC Airplanes and gliders can probably ad another half dozen or so to my list when counting them.

Brian

Just one for me but I do own 4-5 helicopters…rc helicopters. Lol

Don’t be like my late friend who had 5 airplanes but only one was air worthy. Most were apart for 20 years and were still apart when he died.
None of his family were into aviation and the whole big mess was sold to a couple buyers in pieces. Sad deal.

One, an RV-8A. If I win Powerball, I’ll have two. The -8 or maybe something with an open cockpit, and a 206 or Cherokee Six for short to medium distance travel. I don’t want to try to and stay proficient in a bunch of different planes, nor do and manage the maintenance on them.

2 - Piper Challenger (Archer 1) and a Willswing T2C which is top of the line competition hang glider. Both are a ton of fun to fly, but go arounds are tough in the HG.

We own an RV-S8, pushing hard for a twin, but I need BTC to top six figures for that, methinks. I have access to two more. In the vein of my unsafe brother, M'lady has access to 360, but that number drops to 59 shortly.

I just own a C150. I have flown the light sport Jabiru and aeroprakt. I have flown the C150 and almost every 172 model. Just this week I flew a 172RG and a 182. Loved the RG and 182 and I fear I'll hate my C150 going forward. lol

I own two, Cherokee 235 and a Pietenpol . One for traveling, one for low and slow…….

Close friend of mine has 8:
C-47
C-45
Grumman Widgeon
PT-23
O-2
Cessna 320
Provost
Cherokee

1/15th of an Archer but given the other club members flying habits it's more like 1/3 so it's working out well for now.

Oh, and a whole closet of other airplanes in parts on sprues but that's a different issue.

I'm going to go with 3/8. I own 1/4 of an RV-12, and I figure I'm roughly 1/8 of the way through building the biplane...

One. But that one has more than twice as much useful load as my first certified plane I owned, so would that count as 2?

A 172 and 1/2 partnership of a J-3 Cub. I get by pretty inexpensively for multiple aircraft

Two. I’ve been trying to sell one for so long that I’m about to try to sell the other instead.

1.25 (100% of a Duke and 1/4 of a Twin Comanche).

Back