How many hours ya got?

17,700. Probably have more if I knew how to reconnect the Hobbs.

You ain't jack til you got rotor time baby... HA!
About 700 sel and 90 helicopter.

I have enough rotor time in an army sim to be able to take off, hover, tradition form hover to forward flight (where they aren't much harder than an airplane to fly) transition back to hover, fly sideways and backwards (on purpose!) and land.

There's some truth to this. Helicopters are HARD!

John

It must be early. I was thinking wow, he logs time when he's in the backseat with his mother-in-law flying. :eek:

That should count as triple time. :D

Originally Posted by Everskyward
It must be early. I was thinking wow, he logs time when he's in the backseat with his mother-in-law flying. :eek:

That should count as triple time. :D

With my ex MIL.. I would have been awarded with triple time... And two carrier landing... ;);)......:D

I hate to brag, but I have averaged 6.4 hours per year since I first started flight instruction.

125.4 total 14 multi the rest single

It must be early. I was thinking wow, he logs time when his mother-in-law is in the backseat. :eek:

LOL

GIB time, "Guy in Back", Verbal flight director, PITA, OSO (Offensive Systems Officer), Bomb Dropper

USAF Master Navigator, Bombadier. B-52G, B-1B

The real question should be: How many hours have you paid for? In my case, ~1600 or so, with another 900 copilot.

It's no fair, counting hours someone has paid you to fly! That's like getting paid to drink beer!
;)

I haven't added it up in a while, but I think I'm sitting around or just north of 12,000 or so. Maybe 13,000. I haven't added it up in a few years.

As I'm sure some of the guys who fly for a living (or at least the airlines, I should clarify), it's now a game of how much can I get paid for flying as little as possible.. :)

Still average 700-800hrs a year "trying to not fly".

The real question should be: How many hours have you paid for? In my case, ~1600 or so, with another 900 copilot.

It's no fair, counting hours someone has paid you to fly! That's like getting paid to drink beer!
;)

Really???

The guy I took my check ride with had over 45k. That is like taking off and not landing for 5 years.

The guy I took my check ride with had over 45k. That is like taking off and not landing for 5 years.

45k??? And still has his medical??;)

Guess I would be close to 45k if you counted all the early years i was high!!:D

;)

Mind blown. You can do that?? I've wasted my life...

;)

In that case I'm sure I have <500 with 125 being helicopter. Fine with me...

I used to be impressed with the high time airline guys. Now when an airline pilot says he has 25000 it doesn't mean a thing as most are just button pushers and are IN and airplane for the trip but not FLYING the airplane the whole way. Don

I used to be impressed with the high time airline guys. Now when an airline pilot says he has 25000 it doesn't mean a thing as most are just button pushers and are IN and airplane for the trip but not FLYING the airplane the whole way. Don
What is the decision making value of 25K airline hours? Granted decisions per second once the trip has started is less then walking but their are big decisions(with lots of help) made along the way.
For raw flying skills look to the acro guys and canopy pilots.

Haters gotta hate.

I resent that. I'm not just a button pusher - I can also turn knobs, flip switches, move levers, and when the mood strikes me - dick around with that yoke thingy. :D

I resent that. I'm not just a button pusher - I can also turn knobs, flip switches, move levers, and when the mood strikes me - dick around with that yoke thingy. :D

I thought that was the FA's job on layovers...:confused::confused:.........:D

I thought that was the FA's job on layovers...:confused::confused:.........:D

If you knew who I worked for, you'd retract that statement. We're sure as hell not Virgin America! :rofl:

I hear you. Half of my hours is as a relief pilot. But to totally discount that time is, well, naieve IMO. There is a hell of a lot more to that type of flying than the mechanical manipulation of the controls.

Did you really expect someone else's hours to mean something to you? In my view, hours matter to:

1. Insurance companies
2. Potential employers
3. The FAA when applying for ratings/certificates.

Even the above entities don't care after a certain amount. Employers and insurance companies are much more likely to give weight to time in type and relevant experience than to total hours.

It seems to me that hours only mean something (or not) to the person who has them unless we are just talking about general curiosity.

But MIL (mother-in-law) hours really do mean something as a test of patience and dealing with stress. :D

Ditto....

I used to be impressed by folks that hand flew everywhere, then I realized that flying the airplane is the easiest part of the job....... :D

"Pushing buttons" (what's it doing now?) is often far more work than manually flying the airplane, in my personal experience.

Just entered latest flights online to get the total which was amusing: 444.4
That's over 9 years. But 101.8 (or almost 23%) year to date!

Back