How many airports have you landed at?

MyFlightBook says 37 with 225 hours over 11 years (counting training). All in Florida. The joys of rentals...

John

At least 3 in in each of the states on the map below. Well Dang, I din't put th' map. :rolleyes:

75, all in New England, NY, NJ, PA, VA, MD, and one in AZ. The 75 number does not include multiple landings at the same airport. See Google "My Maps" for Skipmiller for a graphic. -Skip

Our first trip to OSH, I landed there three times after one approach! :lol:

:heli:

This turned into a project. I was trying to use LogBook Pro and Route Browser to figure it out. Exporting to Excel and various filters I had a heck of a time. In the end I came up with 700 unique airports.

Here is a sorta cool report I came up with in the process. I thought I had it but discovered it's not unique airports listed for each state but rather total flights within each state. Still, kinda interesting.

EDIT said:
Deleted chart cause it totally jacked up the page

My signature line map is from a few years ago and was derived from the same program exported to Google Earth.

Last edited:
Never thought about how many. More than 5. :D. :yes:

No electronic logbook yet. :-/

Me neither, I've been waiting for OCR so I can just scan mine in. Problem is mine isn't neat. It's just not worth my time to transpose it, my log book has never really proven important in 30 years. The few times someone actually looked at it, it was just a glacé for the BFR date. :dunno: I heard there are transposition services, I might look into that, but it's not worth much to me, so I doubt I'll do it.

How many public airports are there in the USA?

4,529 public use airports in the lower 48 that are not Seaplane (only) Bases or Heliports.

4,826 if you include Alaska and Hawaii - also not including seaplane or heliports

Last edited:
15 airports all in AZ
72.1 hours

I have landed at exactly the same number as I've taken off from!

I've departed and landed at 21 airporst last time I counted. 22 if you include the different ponds at Jack Brown's Seaplane Base in Lakeland Fl. We actually used 5 or 6 different ponds to train in; not sure if they would count.

I hit 100 airports across 18 states over Thanksgiving. Now I'm at 101 since adding another grass field.

As a spreadsheet geek, I started a new sheet for airports before my PPL checkride.

Back