How long is your drive

10 miles and 15 minutes door to door from home. About a half mile from my office.

Barb

From Home...10 miles or so...about 15 minutes...
From Work...7 miles...bout the same time...

45 minutes with light traffic. IOW - much too far.
But, even though there are two airports within 20 minutes, this particular airport is worth the drive.

38 miles/34 minutes all on I-40 except for about 1/2 mile.

27.9 miles, 40 minutes (have to slow down for the deer and turkey)

350°@10.4mn if only I could drive that. about 25 minutes depending on traffic and lights.

I walk to the train, take a train to another train, take that train to a cab, and the cab to the airport. This is my new routine since I moved 2 months ago. If I time it right it's about 45 minutes, actually the quickest commute I've had since I started flying.

8 miles, about 10 minutes. Never had it be much faster or slower. And it's right on the way to/from work. Makes it just easy enough to stop by, but not so easy that I'd be pretty much living there.

"but not so easy that I'd be pretty much living there".......or is that in the left seat?:rofl:

I guess ILG is 15 miles, 20 minutes tops no traffic, rush hour 45 minutes. I work at the airport on occasion, depending on the contracts I have going and my office is only 10 minutes away.

We are giving some thought to moving our plane to N57 (shorter hangar list). 16 miles, 45 minutes away......not sure about rush hour drive time.

17 miles or about 40 minutes east to where the plane is parked. There's a little strip about 3 miles south but no parking. They do, however, sponsor an EAA flyin once a month that can't be beat.

Now: 15-20 mins, depending on traffic

Starting in June: 1 hour, or more, depending on traffic.:( Stupid 43' wingspan!

I have 12 from home and 0 from work. Usually on the weekend (when there's time ) it's fly first then go to work.

Kevin

"but not so easy that I'd be pretty much living there".......or is that in the left seat?:rofl:

I've given thought to trading my house for a 421, pulling the seats out and living in it. I could easily put a mattress in and a little space heater to keep warm. Pressurized cabin ought to hold the heat pretty well. ;)

about 8 miles from home, and 20-25 minutes typically.
From work,.. 6.5 miles, but still 20 minutes.

The drive from my place to the Armageddon airfield takes around 25 minutes...

I usually take the winding road that goes through the Ramot Menashe forests and enjoy the scenery...

I live on downwind for one of the runways. The drive just takes a few minutes.

I can also drive to work in about 5 minutes depending on stop lights.

Overall, the location works well.

44 miles. about an hour

OUCH. That's gotta be killing you....

It's not too bad. (K52A) A nice little airport. Free tiedowns. Self serve gas. Almost all interstate. I used to keep it near my parents home about 90 miles away. The distance to the plane has little to do with how often my life lets me me fly, which is, of course not often enough.:mad2:

I live under the pattern but there are some ravines and a highway that extend the trip to about 2 miles .

ive got about 8 airports within 20 minutes of me.

the longest drive I have is 45 minutes out to Sunflower Gliderport where the glider club flies.

30-45 seconds, depending on how long it takes me to walk from the kitchen to the door to the hangar.

Well, if I drive, 12.5 miles. If I walk through the Cathance River Preserve it'll be a lengthy hike.

HR

Attachments

• PoA Cathance Preserve.jpg
    PoA Cathance Preserve.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 12
40 miles one way. Usually takes about an hour. Gives me time to mentally prepare for my lesson that day, then time to reflect on the way home.

4 miles, 5 or 6 minutes from my garage to the hangar.

22 miles and about 35 minutes.

I've given thought to trading my house for a 421, pulling the seats out and living in it. I could easily put a mattress in and a little space heater to keep warm. Pressurized cabin ought to hold the heat pretty well. ;)

you want a Grumman Albatross. Go anywhere. Plus it has a galley.

About 10% of my drive to work, or 4 miles/10-15 minutes. I have another airport (KLOT) only 2 miles away.

Last edited:
About ten miles and takes around twenty to thirty minutes from my house to the airport. This includes a stop at Starbucks on the way.

John

Same distance, less time. Hangars about 100' apart.

7.1 miles, driveway to hangar. 12 minutes in decent traffic; it can balloon to as long as 45 minutes at worst. It's on the other side of two major roads, one an interstate highway, the other, a major toll road.

Well, it takes about 30 to 45 seconds to stroll out to the hangar behind the barn. One of the runways isn't too far from the hangar. :)

Diana said:
Well, it takes about 30 to 45 seconds to stroll out to the hangar behind the barn.

Only in my dreams....my closest airfield KFHB is 7 miles (10 mins.), but the airport I normally go to KCRG is 20 miles away (45 mins. + ferryboat ride).

Last edited:
About 37 miles each way, about the same minutes. At least it's usually light traffic, and fairly scenic...:D

Back