How long is your drive

AdamZ

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Adam Zucker
So how long is your drive ( or walk if your lucky enough) to your airport

Mine is 2 miles / 4 min KLOM

16 miles one way. Traffic - 1:30 (longer if they have another shooting outside the Mexican strip club across the street from the hangar gate) No Traffic - :25

God I hate L.A.

12 miles / 16 minutes

There is another airport at 6 miles, but it is full to capacity.

It varies between 13 miles and 70 miles depending on which of three airports I fly from .

35 miles; 45 minutes I also have another airport 4 miles away, but they are not the friendliest people in the world, and all of their equipment is falling apart and the gas pump is inoperable, and they have no money to fix anything.

About 25 miles and 35 minutes. There usually isn't a traffic problem unless it is snowing.

4 drive miles, 10ish minutes through downtown.

I can't imagine having to drive more than 20 miles, that would certainly discourage me from going flying on-demand (the point of NOT renting). Of course, hangaring and tiedown costs would make that discussion moot.

Are you guys driving long distances mostly in metro areas or rural settings?

Are you guys driving long distances mostly in metro areas or rural settings?
I live in the far outskirts of the Denver metro area and that is the closest public airport. It is also where I have worked for 20 years at two different jobs. I formerly lived 25 miles in the other direction but that was worse because it involved a commute through the middle of the city.

HAFB is on KBED, so at work, it's a short walk to the aeroclub hangar

Otherwise, it's less than 6 miles.

When I was a student pilot training out of KLWM, it was about a 30 minute
drive.

So how long is your drive ( or walk if your lucky enough) to your airport

Mine is 2 miles / 4 min KLOM
About the same. In fact, I can see the hangar from my home office. When I had an open hangar, I could see the tail of the aircraft.

Ron Wanttaja

40 - 45 minutes, 1+ hour during rush hour.

6min, 1.9mi to KPAO

Chris

8 miles, about 10 minutes. Never had it be much faster or slower. And it's right on the way to/from work. Makes it just easy enough to stop by, but not so easy that I'd be pretty much living there.

18 miles. So 20 minutes or so. 15 in the Vette. :D

~15-20 miles, 25-30 minutes to MSN - That's where the club is.

If I had my own plane, I'd base it either at C29 (soon to be KMRV) 3 miles/5 min away, or 6P3 (11 miles/15 min away).

I don't golf, so I would guess about 15 yards.

<pssst....> <Emily Litella> Oh, to the airport? Never mind </Litella>

I would say about 14 miles.

--Carlos V.

7.1 miles, driveway to hangar. 12 minutes in decent traffic; it can balloon to as long as 45 minutes at worst. It's on the other side of two major roads, one an interstate highway, the other, a major toll road.

37 miles - takes about 40 minutes if traffic is decent. Indecent traffic can easily double it. Colorado drivers are some of the worst mergers on the planet.

About 3nm, as the Warrior flies. 7-25 minutes, depending on traffic.

Two and a half miles. Sometimes I bicycle it. Pleasant in the spring and summer, cycling along fields of grain with deer and hawks near at hand, to pull the airplane out early in the morning and go flying for a bit before work.

Dan

I have four airports with rentals within half an hour of me. The closest is 12 miles or so and takes me 15 minutes to get there.

Just nine miles (KTFP -- Ingleside, TX) -- but we have to take the car ferry to get there.

Some days (like yesterday) the ferry is "drive on/drive off", but (we've heard) in summer it can be a 2-hour wait. Fortunately, KRAS - Mustang Beach Airport is just a few minutes away for our guests, but they currently have no available hangars for us.

45 miles. Normally 2 to 3 hours in traffic. HPN is only 15 minutes away. Need to consider moving back.

16 miles, 8 if I leave from work.

or 45 minutes if there's a cop around. :D

In 5 years of commuting there I've seen a cop once. It's in a really rural area and it's in the far corners of the counties, so the cops never really get out that far.

LearDriver said:
At least you didn't post pictures and really rub it in.
I could post some pics that would make most of you weep with envy, 'tis true.

IMG_1162.JPG

IMG_0778.JPG

But you could retaliate with photos of available hangars ;)

Image010.jpg

Last edited:
Back