How long is your drive

All you airpark people can just go suck an egg!!!:mad3::mad3::mad3:

:D

Man, would i LOVE to live on an airpark. Some day.

35 miles to HRO from the AR place, which is about 45 minutes, or 20 miles to LBR from the ranch in TX which takes about 30 minutes. I wish I had an airstrip at the ranch, but then I guess I'd have to take the wheelpants off. And Clarksville is a nice little airport :)

38 Miles, around 45 minutes unfortunately. There are other options which would bring it down to around 30 minutes but I really like the current airport I am at.

Jeff

As the crow flies, I'm about 2.5 miles from 3CK. But, short of a helicopter or float plane, there's not a good way for me to get there...

So, I'm 6.8miles and ~15 minutes depending on stoplights.

12 miles, about 20 minutes.

I've given thought to trading my house for a 421, pulling the seats out and living in it. I could easily put a mattress in and a little space heater to keep warm. Pressurized cabin ought to hold the heat pretty well. ;)

you want a Grumman Albatross. Go anywhere. Plus it has a galley.

You can live in an airplane, but you can't fly a house. And if I was going to live in an airplane, the Albatross would be at the top of my list. I mean, it's the size of a house... And it functions as airplane, house, and boat too! :)

Otter would work. You'd need to jack up the tail at night to provide a level living space ;) Unless you were on floats, of course :yesnod:

You can live in an airplane, but you can't fly a house. And if I was going to live in an airplane, the Albatross would be at the top of my list. I mean, it's the size of a house... And it functions as airplane, house, and boat too! :)

albatross_03.jpg

Maybe you can talk Jimmy Buffett out of his. It's now in curated status :(

I think I'd go for a 421 first. I mean come on, how can you beat having a pressurized house?! :)

Diana,

I watched your fly in vid. Wow, that is TOO cool. What a great day that must have been.

I think I'd go for a 421 first. I mean come on, how can you beat having a pressurized house?! :)
I think I'd want a house I could at least stand up in. I may be short but I'd hit my head in a 421. :D

Plenty of them want to move back to town, so shouldn't be hard to find a spot.

All you airpark people can just go suck an egg!!!:mad3::mad3::mad3:

:D

Man, would i LOVE to live on an airpark. Some day.

Diana,

I watched your fly in vid. Wow, that is TOO cool. What a great day that must have been.
:) It was the best birthday ever. :yes: Lots of flying and friends and family...the weather was perfect, too.

I spent a day at Somerset this week. Neat little airport, saw a bunch more while test flying an A-36.

About 37 miles each way, about the same minutes. At least it's usually light traffic, and fairly scenic...:D

I spent a day at Somerset this week. Neat little airport, saw a bunch more while test flying an A-36.
That's a little farther from me (about 7 miles)... I fly out of 47N, another neat little airport.

25 miles, about 35 minutes. It's about the same to all of the airports I've flown out of except for DET, which is about 15 miles and 20 minutes. Unfortunately it's deader than a doornail, so I wouldn't consider hangaring there today.

I think I'd want a house I could at least stand up in. I may be short but I'd hit my head in a 421. :D

The dogs can stand up and I'm never at home for anything other than sleeping, so it would be fine. :)

Tell that to president Obama...:yesnod:

He doesn't understand how small and vulnerable our country is....

Have him take the road from Tel Aviv up to Jerusalem, with someone who knows the history (1948ish) of that route and get him to shut up long enough to hear about it. A friend gave us a good rundown last August while driving from Tel Aviv to Mesada. Another good place to take him and explain history.

Now, back to the original subject. About 20-25 minutes from house to hangar.

Looks like mine is going to get longer, about an hour and 15 minutes longer. I had been sharing a hangar with a gentlemen and he was the only one on the lease. He sold his airplane and when we went to the city to have the lease put in my name, they said no. They said there were two other people on a list for that hangar and that they had to offer it to them. I have to be out by the end of the month.

Looks like mine is going to get longer, about an hour and 15 minutes longer. I had been sharing a hangar with a gentlemen and he was the only one on the lease. He sold his airplane and when we went to the city to have the lease put in my name, they said no. They said there were two other people on a list for that hangar and that they had to offer it to them. I have to be out by the end of the month.

Oh man Dean that STINKS!:frown3:

The way it's been done for decades in Peoria is to sell the other person a $1 share for six months, with an outside private agreement to sell it back. Then the joint registration is presented to the airport authority, and both names get put on the lease. Immediately after resigning the lease, the share is sold back.

That process efectively locked me out of a hangar for my professional duration. I offered to build a 10plex on a 30 year reverson lease, and was declined. Then a local welding business was granted to put up a private corp hangar on the spot I had proposed. I went after the director in the court of public opinion. I was offered a hangar the next day.

Director Burling moved on.

Last edited:
Back