How long does it take FAA to issue perm doc

Aircooled

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Air cooled
I passed my private check ride over 6 weeks ago. How long does it take for the FAA to generate the perm document?

Update: received on Nov 23. Right about 2 months. WooHoo

Well it's a good thing the government is not involved in health care and I needed an emergency procedure.

Last edited:
I passed my private check ride over 6 weeks ago. How long does it take for the FAA to generate the perm document?

Congrats.

Now take a number and wait :)

http://www.faa.gov/licenses_certificates/airmen_certification/

When your date is close to the time you took your check-ride check your IACRA and airman directory. Once that updates to reflect the latest certificate issued, just wait 1-2 weeks and it'll be in your mail box. They ship the plastic from C.A. standard priority mail.

I know you must be itching for it. I know I was. That's why I recorded it!

Have a look :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wUz06CqoQY

You'll probably get it soon if you passed 6 weeks ago. The wheels of government turn slowly.

I fully expect to take my Multi Engine Checkride with a temporary commercial cert. My check ride was 9/18. My private took a couple months to get, but my instrument came pretty quick. Just depends on how hungover the guys doing the processing are I guess.

The FAA website which is very easy to check states:

We are currently processing permanent Airmen Certificates for temporary certificates that were issued approximately September 10, 2015.

Took 8 weeks for mine and congratulations welcome to the forum.

Wait another 6 or 8 weeks and if you still haven't received it then call them

As long as it takes, just make sure you don't fly on a expired temp, if it's going expire let your DPE know.

As above, my IR cert took exactly 2 months to arrive.

Check online and if it doesn't arrive in a couple weeks maybe check on it.

Congrats.

I just registered my experimental, and had my paperwork back inside 3 weeks. I guess a great deal depends on which branch of the FAA you are dealing with.

Im going to try and add a 61.55 SIC type rating before my most recent permanent comes back. I want to take my temp to the FSDO so they take that one away from me instead of the plastic one they took last month.

It depends. Except for when the government shuts down though, they have your permanent to you before the temp runs out. You'll probably see it in the next 2 weeks.

Back