How do YOU make money?

Just doing Piper Malibu maintenance on my own. I thought I was retiring when I sold my shop but found out how much this old house and my hobbies cost me.

I'm retarded...er um... retired. I was a software company executive. I do a little consulting these days and serve as an arbitrator in financial matters.

Last edited:
I am a Project Manager as well, though I'm in Construction. MicroStation, Primavera, and Outlook are my life lol.

Director of IT for a manufacturing company.

Program/Project Manager at LAX. Came onboard to manage the post 9-11 deployment, haven't found my way out yet.

Here is how I earn my huge stacks of cash and the admiration of women everywhere:

Fix things that pilots break.
Fix things that stews break.
Fix things that passengers break.
Fix things that rampies break.
Fix things that just break.

Sometimes I break things myself....
.... and sometimes I even fix those. :D

f684_35.JPG

I guess I'm a database engineer... I used to say that's what I did while trying to figure out what I wanted to be when I grow up. Looked in the mirror the other day and saw my dad looking back at me ... crap! Guess I'm old now.

Started off building power line in a family business, went to college for EE and decided I hated the 2nd E part of that. Joined the Navy and spent 10 years as an Avionics Tech/Aircrew/Intercept controller. Got out and started contract work on the software that I flew, GI bill payed for a BSCS and MSSE. Did Oracle consulting for a whole bunch of years and now I are an indentured servant again but still doing Oracle.

Hey, I am good at my job.
I'm "Senior" PM They don't just give that title to anyone. :no:

I am delivering a $4.8m project in May ahead of schedule and under budget :yes:

-Bryan
Scrum Master, Master of Scrumming!

You'll be rewarded by being replaced by a H1B.

Don't you do food photography also Sac?

Yes, but it isn't a paying gig. It seems that for most people, buns are the money shots.

Let's see what do I do for living. It's pretty obscure. Actually it's not that obscure, I'm just obscure about it. Let's just say everyone seems to be some sort of computer/software/database engineer. I'm not that. And I don't get in to the technical end of it much these days, mostly the management end of things.

I make bands loud.

Rob Zombie this past summer. Greenville SC

Attachments

• IMG_1659.JPG
    IMG_1659.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 54
"Retired" Airline pilot playing nuclear reactor operator..

I board and train thoroughbreds in the glamorous world of big time event horses.

IOW, I fix stuff.

I write Sci Fi books and publish them on Amazon. Seriously.

Semi-retired Web developer, investing, occasional onsite tech consulting (rare these days), occasional ghost writing, a bit of photography, and horse wagering.

Rich

When I'm not in school I mow lawns and work as a research assistant at
THE Ohio State University med center.

CFI. Oops, wrong thread. meant to post in "How do YOU lose money." sighhhh...

Yes, but it isn't a paying gig. It seems that for most people, buns are the money shots.

Let's see what do I do for living. It's pretty obscure. Actually it's not that obscure, I'm just obscure about it. Let's just say everyone seems to be some sort of computer/software/database engineer. I'm not that. And I don't get in to the technical end of it much these days, mostly the management end of things.

So, you manage the procurement and deployment of socks then?

I have a manufacturing company.

Hey, I am good at my job.
I'm "Senior" PM They don't just give that title to anyone. :no:

I am delivering a $4.8m project in May ahead of schedule and under budget :yes:

-Bryan
Scrum Master, Master of Scrumming!

I was going to joke with you, "Yeah but will it actually work?" But then I saw the screenshot that said "SAP" and just started laughing my butt off.

Answer "kinda" and it'll cost you millions. For no good reason.

While your at it check out House of Cards on Netflix. GREAT show.

Yup. I need a big ring I can knock on tables when I channel my inner Frank. Ha.

Here is how I earn my huge stacks of cash and the admiration of women everywhere:

Fix things that pilots break.
Fix things that stews break.
Fix things that passengers break.
Fix things that rampies break.
Fix things that just break.

Sometimes I break things myself...
.... and sometimes I even fix those. :D

f684_35.JPG
I'll be the judge of that. ;)

I inspect mechanics work, inspect systems and structures, perform engine borescopes, NDT, audit facility and paperwork.... when I'm not surfing the Net or watching TV.

Work in Nuclear Power in Controls Maintenance, at least until probably 6/30/2016. Company just offered an early retirement package and I accepted, that is projected release date. Will probably still work in the industry on a contract basis for next 3-4 years.

Contract employee for the Army National Guard managing the Military Funeral honors program, part time Tank Commander (National Guard) on the M1A1 Abrams and small business owner.

I should have stayed on active duty.... i would have had 1 retirement by now. :(

IT. My current job is answering up when someone says "we need ~john on this."
Large mainframe operating systems install, testing, and support.... and all the other crap that goes with large mainframe operating systems.

IT. My current job is answering up when someone says "we need ~john on this."
Large mainframe operating systems install, testing, and support.... and all the other crap that goes with large mainframe operating systems.

Is cobol still big in that environment? Did a lot of cics and tso batch programming in the early 90s.

SISIN DD *
Do da, do da all day...

Voicing, writing and producing radio commercials and imaging for 6 radio stations here in El Paso for the past 20 years.

Also teach people to fly!

Both are fun jobs!! :yes:

I fly one of these, just depends on the day as to which one I'm flyin.

(ok, and I also do a lot of paperwork to fly the fast one)

Attachments

• F-15%20C%20FF%2081-022%20rd.jpg
    F-15%20C%20FF%2081-022%20rd.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 63
  • scoot2 (1280x960).jpg
    scoot2 (1280x960).jpg
    528.7 KB · Views: 67
  • BigSexy.jpeg
    BigSexy.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 64
  • 757_MCO.jpeg
    757_MCO.jpeg