How do you do morning coffee?

I have never relied on stimulants, legal or otherwise, to set my mood or "get me going".

I have worked with people that just cannot get going without their addiction. They actually shake until the caffeine starts taking effect. Much like druggies.

Then again I have known people that will drink a tank of coffee, stretch, then go to bed and sleep all night.

I have never relied on stimulants, legal or otherwise, to set my mood or "get me going".

I have worked with people that just cannot get going without their addiction. They actually shake until the caffeine starts taking effect. Much like druggies.

Then again I have known people that will drink a tank of coffee, stretch, then go to bed and sleep all night.

I think you're going a wee bit far there...

Personally I can drink a cup and take a nap, it's more something warm to drink in the morning, I'd just as well drink a cup of tea, if it wasn't for having a pot ready to go when I wake up anyway.

<---- pulls thread ejection handles after realizing I just flew into brewing pretentiousness cloud.

I use non-organic, internationally imported coffee, bleached coffee filters, a $15 walmart coffee pot and non-filtered tap water. No flavored, fancy creamer, just milk. Also not organic. Does that help redeem the thread any for you?

@Zeldman I don't shake before my coffee, but I will scowl angrily at anyone who dares try to speak to me before I have it. Of course I'll also scowl angrily at anyone who tries to speak to me before 9-10 am... coffee or no coffee... not exactly a morning person.

I don't drink it to wake up. Sometimes I go all day without coffee and don't realize it. I really enjoy the flavor, the smell, and the warmth. That's why I spend good money on good coffee. Same with my beer. Good beer in small amounts because I like it. Now there are people with the heavy caffeine and/or alcohol addictions and that is really unfortunate.

Hey Timbeck, you remember having a coupe of huge coffee pots in the RAPCON, those 20 or 30 cup monsters? Man I used to come out of that building buzzing I drank so much damn coffee.

<---- pulls thread ejection handles after realizing I just flew into brewing pretentiousness cloud.
I haven't called anyone a loser who drinks drip Folgers. Well, not out loud anyway. I may have said it in my head. Yes, I have definitely said that in my head.

I use non-organic, internationally imported coffee, bleached coffee filters, a $15 walmart coffee pot and non-filtered tap water. No flavored, fancy creamer, just milk. Also not organic. Does that help redeem the thread any for you?...

<far away voice> I can't hear you...floating down...oh crap, a tree.....

Hey Timbeck, you remember having a coupe of huge coffee pots in the RAPCON, those 20 or 30 cup monsters? Man I used to come out of that building buzzing I drank so much damn coffee.

I remember that it was always a mess because nobody ever cleaned it up. I also remember when you could smoke next to the scope. Kind of nice that those days are over.

I don't regularly drink coffee. I prefer my caffeine to be cold and carbonated.

When I DO drink coffee, it's purely for the caffeine. Nothing to do with taste.

I remember that it was always a mess because nobody ever cleaned it up. I also remember when you could smoke next to the scope. Kind of nice that those days are over.

Well the Chiefs I worked for wouldn't put up with that crap. We could drink coffee at the scope but had to have those spill proof cups, and never saw anyone smoke, but I started in '77 so maybe it was before that.

I don't drink a lot of coffee, just one cup a day, but if I don't have it, I feel like I'm in slow motion all day long.

Well the Chiefs I worked for wouldn't put up with that crap. We could drink coffee at the scope but had to have those spill proof cups, and never saw anyone smoke, but I started in '77 so maybe it was before that.

Knew a guy who worked at Washington approach when ARTS was first put in. After a few spills on a keyboard the word came down "no more drinks on position." He doesn't heed the word and does it anyway and knocks over a cup in the keyboard. He gets the bright idea to grab a Dry Chemical fire extenguisher and give it a blast to "dry" it out. It turned into like concrete. He got a couple weeks on the beach.

Maybe it was just your facility. I think they stopped people from smoking at the scope at the same time they said you couldn't smoke in ANY government building which was around 90 or so.

Maybe it was just your facility. I think they stopped people from smoking at the scope at the same time they said you couldn't smoke in ANY government building which was around 90 or so.

Worked a few RAPCONs and a bunch of towers, different bases, couldn't smoke in any of 'em. I don't smoke so didn't bother me.

Plain old Bunn coffee maker but I grind my own beans. Lots of varieties to choose from at the local restaurant supplier. I want that stuff to talk to me in the morning. I stare at the computer till my spring is wound good and tight. One pot usually does the trick

I don't regularly drink coffee. I prefer my caffeine to be cold and carbonated.

When I DO drink coffee, it's purely for the caffeine. Nothing to do with taste.

I like my caffeine hot and my alcohol cold. That's as pretentious as I get. I mean, it's always nice to enjoy something of a higher quality, but I prefer saving those extra pennies feeding my more expensive stimulant...
flying.

I use a pod brewer (that's not a k-cup, it's a pod made of filter paper). It's as close as I can get to proper temperature/pressure for coffee. I've used drip, perc, k-cups, pour-over, etc. I'm on my second pod brewer. Enough said.

Okay, maybe not enough said. A drip maker got me through grad school. I had to repair it a couple times but that was no big deal. Studies have shown that lab rats run through mazes faster after ingesting caffeine and grad school is a lot like a maze...now enough has been said.

Black & Decker "Brew n Go", with paper filters and whole-bean A&P coffee, which I grind up. I get the coffee from the local Wal-Mart, because the grocery store charges $13 for a 24oz bag and the Evil Blue/Yellow Bahstids charge the same for a 36oz bag.

The last place I worked had an office Kurig. It went away when I did some research and found up that one cup through that thing cost the same as 12oz through a Mr. Coffee.

The last place I worked had an office Kurig. It went away when I did some research and found up that one cup through that thing cost the same as 12oz through a Mr. Coffee.
News flash! I love my Kurig and run it twice per k-cup, so I get 14, 16, 18, even 20oz (depending upon mood) easily. And so many blend choices.

Hot and black. Hamilton Beach Brew station does an eight cup pot (4 mugs) 10 on the off days. Then maybe nothing throughout the day or maybe a ouple of ups more. Water, beer, or whisky as needed from then on.

I had been advised by a coffeeist that light blends have more caffeine than dark blends, as the roasting process destroys caffeine.

I may try that but doubt it would be strong enough for me. Thanks.

I have a run of the mill automatic coffee maker, usually run Folgers through it. I take one sweet n low with French vanilla creamer. I usually will drink the complete pot within a couple hours after waking. If I have to drive in the morning I can only drink 1 cup or I have to pull over every 50 miles to take a leak, even though I have been driving a big rig from Ventura to Oakland daily for the last month I can't bring myself to make a trucker bomb.

I love my Kurig and run it twice per k-cup, so I get 14, 16, 18, even 20oz (depending upon mood) easily.

Sounds weak enough to be Air Force coffee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Folger's Black Silk with sweetener and some half-n-half. Usually about 8 cups' worth, down from 12 cups a couple years ago. :D

I drink iced tea, both sweet and unsweetened, for all three meals and in between. I have never liked coffee.
Same with me! Ive never been able to get past the taste of coffee :confused:. Everyone I know of that drinks it, says it's an aquired taste but I cant down it.

Cold brew. I grind Starbucks House Blend beans from Sam's and stir it into a thingie of water. The thingie has a hole in the bottom which I stop with a cork. The coffee steeps overnight and the next morning I pull the cork out over a fine mesh strainer so that the deliciousness drains into a carafe, leaving the grounds in the strainer. Pour fresh coffee into a cup and nuke until hot. So easy, and so good.

Back