How do you do morning coffee?

Joshuajayg

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Joshua
5b55a947166ab65b68b83623a35521b2.jpg

Seems as though lately pour over has been winning with the wife and me.

Folgers with coffeemate French vanilla creamer. It's like sugar and milk rolled into one. Love being able to set the timer on my coffee machine so it makes it for me in the morning.

I roast green coffee beans that I purchase from two estate plantations in Kona (Lion's Gate and Makapueo) using a Hottop roaster with a custom roasting profile. The beans then go into a Jura J9 automatic espresso machine.

We do use the aeropress when we're camping however (and a Jetboil to heat the water).

If that machine all the way to the left is a Keurig, then that's my method.

Last edited:
I roast green coffee beans that I purchase from two estate plantations in Kona (Lion's Gate and Makapueo) using a Hottop roaster with a custom roasting profile. The beans then go into a Jura J9 automatic espresso machine.

We do use the aeropress when we're camping however (and a Jetboil to heat the water).

I buy my Keurig coffee flavor doohickies from Walmart. ;)

It's either coffee at the Vietnamese bakery (the standard drip brewed, not French filter coffee) or the Keurig at work. We have a variety of caffeinators to accommodate various types of coffee snobs.

Hey, I just invented a new word. How cool is that.

One Diet Coke, no diet pepsi, in the morning. 52 years old and never had a cup of coffee or smoked a cigarette in my life! This is not normal in the car business!! :)

I set Mr. Coffee up with five scoops of Folgers 100% Colombian, and fill the water to six cups. When it's done, it all goes into my big Yeti cup and I head merrily off to work.

All that roasting work to put it in an AUTOMATIC espresso machine?! The horror!

One Diet Coke, no diet pepsi, in the morning. 52 years old and never had a cup of coffee or smoked a cigarette in my life! This is not normal in the car business!! :)
I'm 66 and also never had a cup of coffee (or any tobacco product). There were very few non-coffee-drinking co-workers when I was an RN, especially when I floated to a night shift position for a few weeks at a time. I relied on industrial strength iced tea to get me through the night. Nothing against coffee, in fact I think it smells wonderful. Just never developed a taste for it.

QuikTrip coffee in K-cups when at home, touch of regular CoffeeMate and a teaspoon of sugar. Father still runs regular Folgers breakfast blend with the Mr Coffee drip machine, and I drink it just the same.

I have not ever partaken in any tobacco product, but I do like my coffee in the morning.

I've been drinking coffee since I was 2. Not uncommon where I grew up, and, in my understanding, in parts of central America as well. You start on "coffee milk," which is really more milk than coffee - and generally a lot of sugar. As you get older, you add less and less milk. I don't do anything fancy with my coffee. I wake up, throw some grinds in the coffee maker, my patience makes it until the pot is about half way full (sometimes less), then I pour it in a cup and stare blankly for about 15-20 minutes while I drink it.

I wake up, throw some grinds in the coffee maker, my patience makes it until the pot is about half way full (sometimes less), then I pour it in a cup and stare blankly for about 15-20 minutes while I drink it.

I buy the coffee and usually get whole bean. This last time I chose the have the roaster grind it for us. I think my wife was starting to be late to work because she has to hand grind her coffee every morning. She loves me more now and has more patience to spend on me rather than making her morning coffee.

I started drinking coffee when I started interviewing for jobs when graduating from college. I generally found that interviewers offered you coffee and if you declined they didn't get any for themselves. I just started drinking it to be social. The nice thing was the placement office at my school had free coffee so much of my senior year I got used to popping in there and grabbing a coffee even if I didn't work there.

When my office was in a SCIF at Martin Marietta, the office coffee machine sucked so I brought my own coffee maker in (Mr. Coffee like thing) and my office mate and I ran a coffee concession out of our office. At some point a "NO CLASSIFIED INFORMATION IS TO BE PROCESSED ON THIS MACHINE" sticker appeared on it which travelled around with it to my office at the Army Ballistic Research Lab when I changed jos.

Local roasted cafe cubano fresh ground in my burr grinder and pressed through the aeropress. Filtered water at proper temp. Just finished a cup; delish.

Keurig, love it. Get my K cups at Costco, come out to about .40 cents a cup. I like the Donut one, don't remember the full name. I need another cup now come to think of it. BRB. :D

I bought the Ninja Coffee maker with the stainless steel carafe with a grinder. That ninja thing is pretty impressive.. but I take it black

Mr. Coffee and Folgers works for me.

Something dad taught... If you find that you like cheap beer and cheap coffee you'll save a lot of money and nobody will want to drink either one when they come over so more for you. LOL! (Applied more to beer than coffee, but he was right. I have to go buy "special beer" if company is visiting and I don't mind doing so, but it's the rare person nowadays with all the microbrew madness who will take an offered "regular big name light beer" from my fridge.)

I grew up on percolator coffee that the grandparents always had on and that had cooked all day. That fancy drip coffee I drink is the foo-foo stuff! Haha.

Did Keurig for a year or two. Wife liked the other drinks since she doesn't do coffee. Got tired of the machines, even the "commerical" quality ones breaking and went back to good old drip filtered coffee pot with a thermal carafe and banished the Keurig from the house. Wifey took it to work where her and the other nurses apparently make tea and other silly stuff with it.

By the truckload, preferably through an IV.

But my wife really likes coffee, and is a bit of a snob about it. So we have a Giaggia Brera that we do cappuccino and other foo-foo coffees with. Saves us a bundle on Starbucks, which is really good since the little town we moved too does not have a Starbucks... the horror.

Something dad taught... If you find that you like cheap beer and cheap coffee you'll save a lot of money and nobody will want to drink either one when they come over so more for you..

Very true! No one touches my PBRs in the garage fridge. :thumbsup: :smilewinkgrin:

I used to HATE the taste of coffee...but could do iced mochas and sweetened lattes to gat the caffeine addition fix. Forced myself to switch to iced coffee and it took about two weeks to be able to stomach it, three to four weeks to enjoy it.

Then I discovered Cold Brew (not a big hot drink fan)...super smooth and gets rid of the bitter coffee taste I hate. That now I love and can make that at home in small batches. It makes a concentrate so you can make it as strong as you want. I can launch my heart outta my chest if I am not careful on how much I drink!

Lasts quite a while in the fridge so it is just pour and go when running out the door.

My addicti..... *cough* love for coffee started in Ethiopia from real Ethiopian Harar coffee. I think the situation lends itself more to a romanticized ideal of coffee rather than simply to the flavor but either way, I love my black, hot, STRONG gold now.

If that machine all the way to the left is a Keurig, then that's my method.

I get my roasted beans from a fellow pilot who has his own coffee business - I use the both Keurig using the refillable pod purchased at local supermarket or the French press if I fancy more than one cup.

Whatever the crew made, local maple syrup instead of sugar, little half and half, soy, milk, or whatever smells OK that's in the fridge.

I use the Keurig, just out of pure laziness. But, when I want a GOOD cup of coffee, I grind my own beans and use the pour-over method with a paper cone filter.

Very true! No one touches my PBRs in the garage fridge. :thumbsup: :smilewinkgrin:

PBR is fine. We used to call that "fishing beer". The six pack you stick a line through and toss over the side of the boat to keep it cold and pull up to grab one whenever the fish weren't biting, which was pretty much always. Also worked as an antiseptic if you stuck yourself with a hook. Or a painkiller, or both.

Definitely miss fishing with dad. :(

Back