How come this hasn't sold?

FORANE

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
FORANE
This has been on ebay for a while. It hasn't sold and the asking price has been lowered a few times. Looks like a steal to me but I don't know King Airs.
King Air 90, N3DF, REALLY NICE BIRD!! Garmin, Boots, A/C, Major Price reduction!
http://r.ebay.com/5ZjGJf

While it's probably very well maintained and has sone decent avionics upgrades, there's still a fair amount of equipment in that airplane that you'd be a little hard-pressed to find a mechanic/avionics tech who's familiar with it. The -20 engines, while an upgrade on this model, are not fully supported anymore from what I've been told.

Edit: I see he's got the four-place couch in it...worse yet. If you think airline seating is uncomfortable, try loading this thing up with 9 passengers.

Good news is, you won't be able to fly very far before going out of CG. ;)

That’s an old, old King Air. Note the cruise of 205-215 KTAS listed in the ad. The 4 person couch could be nice for some but overall a negative for most. Club seating is the norm.

Climb performance will be nothing good and you might not even get into the flight levels with it. The early King Airs looked nice but were not good performers at all. Burn a lot of fuel to go slow.

I would take it as a donation to Cloud Nine but I wouldn’t use it as a dog hauler - it’d cost too much.

Looks like a steal to me
No market at that price point. King 200s are several 100K above and B58s are at same price but much cheaper to operate. So most who want turbine go 200. If the 90s were a good deal they would have been scooped up by the small air cargo ops.

Doesn't that pretty much describe all King Airs? ;)

True. KAs sell on comfort and ramp presence, not speed or efficiency. The market chose them because they’re comfortable, easy to fly, etc. Because they’re so ubiquitous they’re also easy to get support for.

But cost wise to operate, they’re losers in my opinion. Basically the most expensive in their class. Probably 1.5-2x the cost per mile of Cloud Nine’s MU2.

I've always wanted a plane with windshield wipers....... Hmmmm... Let me see what's in the piggy bank.

Without looking in the books, I'll be there's a bunch of calendar compliance items due.

That’s likely a safe bet on a King Air. Part of why they’re cost losers.

Not a great plane for 100 dollar hamburger runs.

I've always wanted a plane with windshield wipers....... Hmmmm... Let me see what's in the piggy bank.
You can have my windshield wipers. Previous owner removed them and I really haven’t found the need or desire to put them back on.

Back