How can I join the Blue Angels Key Influencer?!

Melvin Majoros

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Mellux
Hey guys, I have been watching the blue angels numerous times for years now, and I have recently heard about the key influencer program which allows regular citizens to fly such as teachers, school principals, etc. I just would like to know how I can join this program, where do I sign up?

Thanks to anyone!

Best Regards,
Mellux

Last edited:
How do I get nominated?

And how about the thunderbirds is that the same thing?
The harder you try to get nominated, the less likely people are going to want to nominate you. Kind of like the old Proverb: "Let another man praise thee, and not thine own mouth; a stranger, and not thine own lips."
It's also suspect if you are doing good things just to try and get a nomination. Find the right motivation to help people out and be a blessing to others and maybe someone who didn't read this thread will nominate you someday.

Hey guys, I have been watching the blue angels countlessly for years now, and I have recently heard about the key influencer program which allows regular citizens to fly such as teachers, school principals, etc. I just would like to know how I can join this program, where do I sign up?

Thanks to anyone!

Best Regards,
Mellux

What have you been doing in your community to lead and mentor youths? What community organizations do you lead, and how long have you been actively involved?

Edit: Your profile says that you’re 15. You won’t be in a position to be considered a Key Influencer for at least 10 years.

I'd submit that pursuing a career in Naval Aviation, and getting on the team yourself is probably statistically much more likely to result in a flight with the Blues than trying to ride as a VIP. A good buddy of mine was #7 during his first year on the team, and he did all the backseat rides. Most of his passengers were either professional athletes, news correspondents, or celebrities. Not sure if any of those lines of work are in your future goals, but plenty of normal people end up flying fighters with "NAVY" or "USMC" written on the side, and are eligible to apply to the team as fleet/operationally experienced junior officers.

Light a control tower on fire and then save all the occupants.

FTFY. ;)

Always better to have an aviation angle to these hero stories to further the OP's objective. :cool:

At 15 you “have been watching the blue angels countlessly for years now.”

That’s rich.

FTFY. ;)

Always better to have an aviation angle to these hero stories to further the OP's objective. :cool:

Point taken but make sure it isn't mine or if you do, torch it on Friday or Saturday as those are my days off.

Point taken but make sure it isn't mine or if you do, torch it on Friday or Saturday as those are my days off.

The things people do to keep their picture out of social media... :rolleyes:

Just send them a letter asking them for a ride. Easy peasy.

5C03884B-5AD1-45C4-930A-D82FEAAA97D4.jpeg

The harder you try to get nominated, the less likely people are going to want to nominate you. Kind of like the old Proverb: "Let another man praise thee, and not thine own mouth; a stranger, and not thine own lips."
It's also suspect if you are doing good things just to try and get a nomination. Find the right motivation to help people out and be a blessing to others and maybe someone who didn't read this thread will nominate you someday.

Sounds like QB (I wouldn't know though).

That’s rich.

2 is plural. 2 years is mulitple years. just because someone isn't collecting social security and uses the term years doesn't mean it's less significant to them.

To paraphrase another saying:

Ask not what the Blue Angels can do for you ask what you can do for the Blue Angels...

Also, the Blue Angels are cool, but like other military demonstration teams, their real goal is to recruit young people for potentially deadly missions of national importance. That’s serious business.

2 is plural. 2 years is mulitple years. just because someone isn't collecting social security and uses the term years doesn't mean it's less significant to them.
It's an odd phrasing for sure, due to the (grammatically improper) way he used the term.

That’s rich.

Hey, I'm 66 and if he's watched them more than three times then he has me beat.

It's an odd phrasing for sure, due to the (grammatically improper) way he used the term.

He's 15. And if he switched HS like I did halfway through, he may have ended up never having a single writing class - or hasn't had one yet. The first HS I went to was Lit, Lit, Writing, Writing for English, and the second school was Writing, Writing, Lit, Lit, so I got 4 years of Lit, and had to learn how to properly write (or good enough to get through 2 years of college) on my own.

He's 15. And if he switched HS like I did halfway through, he may have ended up never having a single writing class - or hasn't had one yet. The first HS I went to was Lit, Lit, Writing, Writing for English, and the second school was Writing, Writing, Lit, Lit, so I got 4 years of Lit, and had to learn how to properly write (or good enough to get through 2 years of college) on my own.

I'm not knocking the kid's grammatical skills. I'm just saying his sentence structure and improper use of the phrase made it difficult. My 8th grade Honors English class is most likely what strengthened my writing skills the most. Collegiate professor who came down to teach middle school, and was quite affluent to boot. She was tough as nails on grading, but it seemed to get favorable results. You'll have to pry the Oxford comma out of my cold, dead hands!

Well, if you lose count...

Yes but then again no. I’ve always used the word countless to mean and have thought the word to mean such a large number that it’s difficult to count. Just because I didn’t count, lost count, or don’t remember the count does not mean it was a countless number. In cases such as this, numerous is a better word such as “I’ve seen the Blue Angels numerous times in my long 15 years.”

What have you been doing in your community to lead and mentor youths? What community organizations do you lead, and how long have you been actively involved?

Edit: Your profile says that you’re 15. You won’t be in a position to be considered a Key Influencer for at least 10 years.
Oh ok thanks!

Thanks for the support.

I'm not knocking the kid's grammatical skills. I'm just saying his sentence structure and improper use of the phrase made it difficult. My 8th grade Honors English class is most likely what strengthened my writing skills the most. Collegiate professor who came down to teach middle school, and was quite affluent to boot. She was tough as nails on grading, but it seemed to get favorable results. You'll have to pry the Oxford comma out of my cold, dead hands!
Sorry that I made it difficult. I’m sure you know what I ment by “countlessly”, it’s just one word.
Most of this thread is focused on that word. Can we just please talk about the blue angels.

Thank you

I fished a kid's keys out of a gas station toilet once. Does that qualify me?

Yes but then again no. I’ve always used the word countless to mean and have thought the word to mean such a large number that it’s difficult to count. Just because I didn’t count, lost count, or don’t remember the count does not mean it was a countless number. In cases such as this, numerous is a better word such as “I’ve seen the Blue Angels numerous times in my long 15 years.”
Thanks for the update.

My gramma, my momma, and a great aunt were all skule teachers and they taut me my reedin, ridin', and spelin reel gude. :goofy:

Good luck getting a ride in a military jet, whether backseat, or pilot. If a carrier pilot, just try not to go "bingo fuel".

Back