How 'bout dem Red Sox?

PaulS

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
PaulS
Three outs from winning the world series? Yeah baby. Pats playing tomorrow? It's a good weekend.

I completely forgot that there's a World Series going on.

Dodgers were thoroughly outmatched. I didn’t care but was sort of pulling for them. Amazing pitching from the Sox.

I’ll take it! Amazing season

Dodgers were thoroughly outmatched. I didn’t care but was sort of pulling for them. Amazing pitching from the Sox.
True. Boston was really good all year, and they deserved it. It's "Wait 'till next year" again for da Bums. I guess you could say the Sox won the Series in six games, since they played the equivalent of two games Friday night/Saturday morning. I love baseball, and the Division Series and League Championship Series were all pretty good, but this World Series was a yawner. I think the analytics-based micro-managing is taking away from the game.

Other than the Wild Card games, all postseason series this year were won on the road, so we never got to see a home crowd celebrate.

Last edited:
I used to love baseball but the season drags on too long to keep my interest. I’ll follow my braves till June then after I’ve seen a half dozen games I’m good for the year. World Series should be in September. Then maybe I’d follow it.

As a die hard Giants fan, I've enjoyed the last two WS immensely! :)

All games children can play.

I saw one play of a pro football game Sunday. The runner made the 2 yards needed for a first down. The defensive guys was trying to rip the ball out of his hands and let him run another 40 yards as they just kept trying to get the ball. Seems as if no one thought about just stopping the runner. Basic stuff. Funny..!!!

Like watching a little league game where the pitcher throws a no hitter and loses 27-19.....

Just glad the Dodgers didn’t win. Can’t stand them or their fans :) (okay not ALL of their fans). Dodgers are basically the Raiders of the MLB

Just glad the Dodgers didn’t win. Can’t stand them or their fans :) (okay not ALL of their fans). Dodgers are basically the Raiders of the MLB
Machado and Puig are the epitome of immaturity and arrogance. Love how Machado was basically quoted that hustling just isn't his bag of tea. I can imagine that may affect his free agency suitors a bit.

Even though I'm a NL kind of guy (hate that DH rule!) I rooted for the 'Sox. Because I hate them Dirty Dodger!

I love baseball, and the Division Series and League Championship Series were all pretty good, but this World Series was a yawner. I think the analytics-based micro-managing is taking away from the game.
I saw one of the stats on how many 3-2 counts there were, and how many 3-2 foul balls there were. Lots. Both teams have a lot of batters that really know how to grind out an at bat. That was one of the reasons the games were so long.

I will have to check on the record for home runs per game. It seemed like over half the scoring was from the long ball.

Pretty impressive. You could see defeat in the Astro's faces early in game 5 of the ALCS. The same was true in the Dodger dugout last night. The Red Sox are the best team by a bigger margin than we're used to in the WS. The opposing teams took a few games to figure it out. It was fun to watch.

I used to love baseball but the season drags on too long to keep my interest. I’ll follow my braves till June then after I’ve seen a half dozen games I’m good for the year. World Series should be in September. Then maybe I’d follow it.

Yup. I’m a Royals guy, but they could drop the season to 120 games or less and I wouldn’t care in the slightest. I also don’t enjoy the “Moneyball” style of play they use these days. Switching pitchers before they get through a lineup a second time, switching guys for one batter, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Machado and Puig are the epitome of immaturity and arrogance. Love how Machado was basically quoted that hustling just isn't his bag of tea. I can imagine that may affect his free agency suitors a bit.

It showed in the WS, too. Machado should have had a double on a ball off the wall, and he stood in the batters box admiring what he thought was a homer until it bounced in play.

Back