How bad is this, exactly? Marijuana use less than 2 years ago

A

anonymous

Long story short, after years of delays in training and I renewed my expired 3rd class medical and was given forms by my AME for an initial disclosed OSA condition and anxiety with a one time SSRI use for about 2-3 weeks.

I received the letter from FAA requesting more information due in 90 days and they were more interested in the Anxiety issue than anything else. As I was going through my records, I found a note in a hospital record stating "admits marijuana use" from an ER in visit in 2020 where I had severe GERD, tachycardia, and chest pains, and anxiety due to the physical symptoms, I thought I was having a heart attack. A GI cocktail later, all was normal, ECG normal, labs were all good and I was released. I then did a full cardiac workup (holter monitor, echo, stress test, and nuclear stress test) and nothing was found.

The marijuana use was a one-time thing in 2020 and I haven't touched the stuff since. This was in the middle of all the craziness happening in the world and I totally forgot I had even done that until I was getting my records ready. There is no lab work, etc. Now I'm worried that since it's only been roughly 17 months, not over the 24 months that I would be in violation of answering no on 18.(n). I just remembered it was 2020, 2 years ago and I don't do that stuff so I answered no.

I screwed up, I admit it, but now what? An explanation letter? HIMS? Forfeit the medical and apply again later?

Another case for going Basic Med as soon as you can and never look back.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back