Hours for the year?

this year, mostly for business, although any time I fly for business I also have fun. The highlight was the flight to and around Alaska and back. 3.5 weeks of pure heaven!

Judy

I'm working for the wrong outfit. My employer won't allow the use of GA (with certain specified exceptions), even when it would be more convenient.

273 total
197 instruction given
35 in gliders, 21 of that in my glider
20 hrs of glider cross country, all but 5 in my glider.

need to get more glider time in next year.

Total--116
Dual Instruction Rec'vd--10.6
Dual Instruction Given--86.9
Cross Country--11.8
Complex--20.80

Man I need to go somewhere.
The instruction I received was training for the CFI ticket.

Last edited:
A bit over 400. Retirement is good. Makes everyday feel like Saturday.

Combination of business and personal primarily with about 70 hours of medical transport.

But the number I like the best is over 60 hours of "discovery" and Young Eagles flights and just plain ol' "you know, I've never ridden in a small airplane before" flights.

Regards.

-JD

I'm working for the wrong outfit. My employer won't allow the use of GA (with certain specified exceptions), even when it would be more convenient.

I flew to a standards meeting this past year. I looked on the SOP and it did not say GA was prohibited so off I went. I only charged miles back. Freaked my boss out a bit, he got all panicky but in the end we left it unresolved if it is allowed or not.

A bit over 400. Retirement is good. Makes everyday feel like Saturday.

Combination of business and personal primarily with about 70 hours of medical transport.

But the number I like the best is over 60 hours of "discovery" and Young Eagles flights and just plain ol' "you know, I've never ridden in a small airplane before" flights.

Regards.

-JD
How do "retirement" and "business" go together above? Seems contradictory!

I'm looking forward to having my 250PIC so I can fly Lifeline/Angel Flight. Only about 25 to go!

I'm looking forward to having my 250PIC so I can fly Lifeline/Angel Flight. Only about 25 to go!

Once I've taken delivery and figured out how to fly the 201, I'll be past the 250 as well, and will start doing Angel Flights. I'm really looking forward to helping...

In '05 I logged 86hrs and in '06 I logged 71hrs. It will go up this year since a Mooney 201 is on the way.:yes: I will probably log 30hrs in the first couple of months after we take delivery.

Total...94.2 Mostly in the might 1957 Apache. She's 50 this year. Man, she looks good for 50!
:blueplane:
ApacheBob

Total 2006 - 300.2 hours
Instruction - 85
Tailwheel - 135
Landings - 631

For flights over 50 NM:
Average distance: 175.9 NM
Average duration: 1.2 Hours
(I love this logbook software)

I've never had over 400 hours in one year. That's my goal in 2007.

Great weather in December, finished 2006 just under 200 hrs.

Slowing down now in January, first snow on th ground for 2007. What happened to our 48 degree winter we were having ??

How do "retirement" and "business" go together above? Seems contradictory!

Retired from full-time, working-for-other-people job. Now am one-fourth partner in business and work much less--and get to do what I like doing best. Part of that is flying to see/visit our clients and participate in their training.

Keep up with getting those last 25 hours out of the way. I'm not sure there is any more satisfying mode of flying than helping out folks via Angel Flight/Lifeline-type operations.

Next closest thing, maybe, would be Young Eagles.

Regards.

-JD

Finally totaled 2006 up today.

150 landings
129.4 hours total for 2006
126.1 PIC
97.8 Day
82.3 cross country, all as PIC
42 instrument approaches
40.2 dual received
31.6 night
22.8 simulated instrument
8.9 actual instrument
2.5 AMEL
1 Instrument rating
0.4 ASES
0.4 Glider

At the end of the year, 374 TT, 337.7 PIC, 196.2 XC, 81.6 night, 97.5 simulated instrument, 17.7 actual instrument, 568 landings and 142 instrument approaches, in 18 different types of airplanes (19 as of yesterday). Phew! :)

Last edited:
I don't have my logbook in front of me but I believe that it is just shy of 80 hours last year.

Cash is the issue:
I'm a full time student, and the flying represents about 7000 dollars of cash a year. I'm living on somewhere around 25,000 dollars a year (including aviation expenses), in the most expensive city in the US.
I do not believe I could cut non av expenses any further.
I'm pretty proud of myself.

Look out next year when I have an actual job paying real money.... things should get pretty exciting.

Back