Hot, Gliding, and Aerobatics including Inop Components

Doc Holliday

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Doc Holliday
So I'm thinking about flying my plane if it's not to hot to take off and go up, shut down the engine and "glide around" a bit. Then afterwards, do some aileron rolls.

Oh, and the fuel pumps are inop along with the carb heat.

Having a hard day? :eek2:

So I'm thinking about flying my plane if it's not to hot to take off and go up, shut down the engine and "glide around" a bit. Then afterwards, do some aileron rolls.

It'll be alright. What is the worst that could happen? Did you hear of someone else that might have done something similar and they were fine?

Fuel pumps and carb heat aren’t in the TCDS, so you don’t need them. (I had a guy tell me that about his accelerator pump one time.)

High wing or low wing? If it is a Bo….send it!

I presume you'll ditch at the end of the flight to cool off, no?

*too

And I didn’t think doc had a sense of humor.
iu

If you're a private pilot sharing expenses with a passenger on this flight, does the passenger (if he survives) have to pay his share of the cost of the replacement plane after it's totaled?:confused2:

Don't forget your parachute and fire extinguishers ...

Back