Horn in your vehicles

I have been driving for 40 years now. In that time, I have had several speeding tickets as I do tend to drive fast. They have all been on the interstate or rural highways. I have never had one inside the city limits. I am always at or below the speed limit in school zones. I have never had any other type of moving violation. I do not run stop signs or red lights. I signal all turns and lane changes. I have built in Bluetooth in my Jeep but even then I only answer important phone calls and if I place a call it is by voice command. I never manually dial a number or text while driving.

Anyone who thinks that I am an unsafe or aggressive driver because I drive faster than they do and flash my lights and honk my horn when they are driving below the speed limit in the left lane and/or swerving between lanes without signaling while on their phone can suck my driveshaft.

Dated a girl once who played the trombone. I thought it was an odd choice as most other trombone players I knew were men. So I asked her what made her choose it as an instrument. With a twinkle in her eye she said "because I like to stroke it while I blow it". Damn, I loved that girl.

Was her name Monica? :devil:

I get a kick out of any thread about driving on PoA. Always turns into a thread about speeding, amongst a group that should easily be able to do time/speed/distance calculations.

Most never realize that in almost all cities, barring a few really big ones, that the difference in driving completely across them at 65 vs 85 results in such a small time difference, it'll never ever matter.

And then there's the stop lights getting on and off the highway, and the slower side street speeds, etc.

It's pretty funny really, once you bother to do the math.

I get a kick out of any thread about driving on PoA. Always turns into a thread about speeding, amongst a group that should easily be able to do time/speed/distance calculations.

Most never realize that in almost all cities, barring a few really big ones, that the difference in driving completely across them at 65 vs 85 results in such a small time difference, it'll never ever matter.

And then there's the stop lights getting on and off the highway, and the slower side street speeds, etc.

Although I agree with you in principle, when you commute 150 miles a day, a half hour difference is a big deal.

This is also a group that will justify spending tens of thousands of extra dollars to buy an airplane capable of another 20 knots that will ultimately save them maybe 10-20 minutes on their most common flights.

The fact that many in this group choose to speed in a car to save a few minutes is not at all surprising. :D

Since the OP asked about horns ...

What do you call it when you splint a broken longhorn?
- Unbreakable

What do you call it when 2 people put splints on a broken longhorn
- Commendable

What do you call it when you throw hay in the corral?
- Sustainable

What do you call it when the bull eats dynamite?
- Abominable

What do you call it when you show up at the sales ring with a stock trailer?
- Comfortable

What do you call the stuff you shovel out of the barn?
- that's just bull****...

Back