Honor Blackman

murphey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
murphey
https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...fca550-b8e7-11e7-a908-a3470754bbb9_story.html

I remember my Dad taking me to see Goldfinger, then burgers for lunch. Mom hated the movies so it was our standing Saturday activity in the winter.

I am now watching (as work has dried up, probably for months, and for me, probably forever) the Columbo episode Dagger of the Mind, starring Ms. Blackman.

The Cherokees in Goldfinger were provided by the Piper dealer at Bowman Field, Louisville KY. Note the subtle "PIPER" on the cowl of each -- movie product placement, 1964 style. The formation of five included one Cherokee 140 (N6056W), one Cherokee B 150 (N5781W), two Cherokee B 180s (N7489W and N7641W) and one Cherokee 235 (N8729W). A sixth airplane, a Cherokee B whose registration cannot be seen, appears in rear-projection shots through the windows of the cabin interiors.

Goldfinger montage.jpeg

I was 12 in 1964. Her character's name went right over my head at the time. Not so much now. :p

RIP

The Cherokees in Goldfinger were provided by the Piper dealer at Bowman Field, Louisville KY. Note the subtle "PIPER" on the cowl of each -- movie product placement, 1964 style. The formation of five included one Cherokee 140 (N6056W), one Cherokee B 150 (N5781W), two Cherokee B 180s (N7489W and N7641W) and one Cherokee 235 (N8729W). A sixth airplane, a Cherokee B whose registration cannot be seen, appears in rear-projection shots through the windows of the cabin interiors.

View attachment 84421
Several of those have current registration.

I am the owner of N5781W that was in Goldfinger. It is a fun plane to fly. I found her idle in a hangar in Tennessee about 3 years ago. She needs a facelift as the pain is a bit worn down.

Those old Bond movies had good acting, but props that were insulting to the intelligence.

And this doesn’t happen very often about three weeks ago I met a girl and she was real nice and she invited me to her apartment, so I went over there and she had the best ***** I have ever – oh now come on – I am talking about her cat now that makes me sick right there.

Now – you can’t say anything anymore that people don’t take it dirty and I am sorry that disgusts me. That cat was the best sex I’ve ever had.

I am the owner of N5781W that was in Goldfinger. It is a fun plane to fly. I found her idle in a hangar in Tennessee about 3 years ago. She needs a facelift as the pain is a bit worn down.

That's very cool! But you know if you repaint it, you have to keep the color scheme it had in the movie.

And this doesn’t happen very often about three weeks ago I met a girl and she was real nice and she invited me to her apartment, so I went over there and she had the best ***** I have ever – oh now come on – I am talking about her cat now that makes me sick right there.

Now – you can’t say anything anymore that people don’t take it dirty and I am sorry that disgusts me. That cat was the best sex I’ve ever had.

I actually spit out my coffee

Back