Honda Jet

Comparable performance to the phenom and mustang(actually faster than both), comes from a reputable company...Only time will tell.

I saw one over the summer, is it really in the same size as the Phenom and smaller citations? Sure looked small on the ramp. I was thinking it was more like an Eclipse size.

Comes from a company with great stats on whatever they get into. Should fit a certain buyers mission. If nothing else ,it's one good looking jet.

I saw one over the summer, is it really in the same size as the Phenom and smaller citations? Sure looked small on the ramp. I was thinking it was more like an Eclipse size.

I think it's a bit smaller than a Phenom (6 vs 7-9 pax) and a bit bigger than a Mustang (5 pax).

About the same size as the PC-24?

Honda is so late to market with this jet. If reliability is good it will be a smash hit. If not it will stress field service capabilities and customers will be frustrated and buy something else. Cars, motorcycles, and portable equipment are very different from airplanes.

if you flew a Honda Jet, you would be a Honda Pilot, but a Honda Pilot doesn't fly; it only drives...

I don't think the Honda is in the same market as the PC24.

Pound for pound I'm sure the PC24 would decimate the honda, luckily the honda could then be loaded into the pilatus giant cargo door and flown efficiently back to Honda to be recycled :D

All jokes aside, from what I've read it seems like a nice little jet, who knows?

Well, it may be a contender, but it's still effing ugly.

Well, it may be a contender, but it's still effing ugly.

The odd bulge of the cockpit roofline area is strange. I have yet to read an explanation of its purpose (that's assuming it has one).

The odd bulge of the cockpit roofline area is strange. I have yet to read an explanation of its purpose (that's assuming it has one).

I could see where it may reduce skin friction on the fuselage, that would be my guess. Might also be for headroom in the cockpit.:dunno:

^^^that^^^

Actually, it's Fugly!

:confused: I'm not seeing ugly. It's got a few feature that are different, but if they serve the purpose and function as they should and increase efficiency as advertised, they're the new standard of beautiful. But then hey, I think a Wilga is a good looking airplane....

The Honda kinda has a goose appearance to me.

Pictures don't really seem to capture the Honda jet's looks very well. It is a very striking design and has quite a ramp presence.

I have had a lot of fun watching them during their flight tests.

I have no idea where they will fit in the marketplace, but I do know several folks that work there so of course I am pulling for their success.

if you flew a Honda Jet, you would be a Honda Pilot, but a Honda Pilot doesn't fly; it only drives...

Or a Honda Pilot could drive his Honda Pilot to the airport to fly his Honda Jet.

I could see where it may reduce skin friction on the fuselage, that would be my guess. Might also be for headroom in the cockpit.:dunno:

That is my guess. At various angles the sides of the windscreen look bulged out a little bit too.

That is my guess. At various angles the sides of the windscreen look bulged out a little bit too.

I think it's to create a low pressure zone which will suck the airflow in and reduce the turbulence to the air feeding the engines, as well as reducing drag some. It will have similar fluid effects to putting a bulbous bow on a ship.

Ive seen a couple around I think they look kinda nice. The top mounted engines are growing on me.
If they stay reliable and can deliver on promised fuel burn I think they will sell a bunch.

I've always noticed that current aircraft manufacturers strike me as having a lot in common with US car manufacturers from back the 80s. They didn't pay attention to the small stuff - exposed screw heads, poor fitting panels and rubber, everything rattling within a month of owning it. It just looked and felt cheaper than what the Japanese were doing at the time.

Perhaps the fact that weight matters so much to an airplane makes a quality fit and finish more difficult to attain, but if Honda can make this thing feel like it has the fit and finish of a nice car, they might be on to something. Because I've brought brand new Citations back from Wichita before, and when you take away the oohing and ahhhing that comes from being the pilot, you realize that the owner spent millions on a brand new jet that has the fit and finish of a 1983 Ford LTD. :D

^^^that^^^

Actually, it's Fugly!

:confused: I'm not seeing ugly.

The jet's nice looking...all except...

I just can't get past the vertical wing pods that support the engines. Those just overpower everything else. And they're fugly (IMO).

It's kinda like a woman who is extremely cute in the face but has a huge ass. No one ever notices the attractive attributes once they see that huge detraction! :goofy:

Last edited:
So Tim, you're telling me this isn't your facorite song?

It's kinda like a woman who is extremely cute in the face but has a huge ass. No one ever notices the attractive attributes once they see that huge detraction! :goofy:
Cute face and a huge ass? Sign me up.

Two thoughts.

1. I am not a fan of those engine pylons either. They may present certain aerodynamic or engine performance advantages but I do not care for their aesthetics.

2. What is it with so many guys liking big asses these days? I have never liked them.

Two thoughts.

1. I am not a fan of those engine pylons either. They may present certain aerodynamic or engine performance advantages but I do not care for their aesthetics.

I've read about the supposed advantages but I still don't get it. Can anyone explain what advantages (aero and otherwise) the wing pylons confer?

I don't know about aerodynamics but they do seem to mention it frees up cabin space in the back. Perhaps there's even a lav back there.... I can't remember

I don't know about aerodynamics but they do seem to mention it frees up cabin space in the back. Perhaps there's even a lav back there.... I can't remember

Yeah, there's a lav in the back and it has a good bit of room for a jet that size.

:confused: I'm not seeing ugly.

The jet's nice looking...all except...

I just can't get past the vertical wing pods that support the engines. Those just overpower everything else. And they're fugly (IMO).

When I see those top mounted pod engines, I see a gain in efficiency of the airflow across the wing and the ablity to handle and perform better at high AOA. Ass sizes are a matter of taste, and big asses have some performance benefits in contact geometry.

Last edited:
The affordable option is to buy a Honda Pilot and tell them the jet is in the shop.

Born in Zanzibar, and went to a private school in India...

The rest is history...

For the money I like it. Pc24 will be much more expensive. Honda jet is supposed to very efficient in jet terms. Out of my budget either way!! Looking forward to seeing one around though.

Back