high price of sexy girls in cockpit

olasek

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
olasek
Mexican pilot was fired when his bosses found out he let two young celebrity girls (a singer and an actress) into his cockpit during a flight from Cancun to Mexico City. Girls made some photos (like the one below), posted on their Twitter accounts and with huge number of followers the news spread very quickly. They tried to defend the pilot by claiming it all happened when the plane was on the ground but by then the pilot had already admitted it was during the flight. The airline apologized to the public and sacked the pilot.

Esmeralda%20Ugalde%20Flying.jpg

Last edited:
All the instruments & power levers seem to indicate they are airborne.

Mexican pilots must not be aware that the glory days are gone.

Hope he got to have his own go around with her before getting canned.

I had a friend who was stationed in Peshawar back in the early '60's and traveled back and forth to Karachi via civlian air travel frequently. He got to know and become friends with the Pakistani pilots, so when it became his time to DEROS, they had a little party for him. Whatever plane they were flying had a cargo or mail hold right behind the cockpit, so when they got airborne the pilots invited him and another GI friend up. There was a case of beer. Everyone took turns rotating through the mail hold, with each of the GIs taking a turn sitting up front. At one time, my friend, sitting in the hold, noted that both pilots were back there and his friend was missing. Yes, his friend was sitting up front alone. One supposes (hopes) the plane was on autopilot.

Somewhere around in a corner of the web is video of a pilot who let his kid "fly" the plane. The kid managed for force an autopilot disconnect and the pilot didn't notice. The result was all on board died...

yup, airline cockpit is a mostly no fun zone

Somewhere around in a corner of the web is video of a pilot who let his kid "fly" the plane. The kid managed for force an autopilot disconnect and the pilot didn't notice. The result was all on board died...

yup, airline cockpit is a mostly no fun zone
Aeroflot 593. An A310 flying Moscow to Hong Kong. I don't think there's actual video, but it was dramatized on the show Mayday.

Aeroflot 593. An A310 flying Moscow to Hong Kong. I don't think there's actual video, but it was dramatized on the show Mayday.

Mayday is also recycled into the National Geographic Channel (which certainly used this episode for their Air Crash Investigation program as well as the Smithsonian Channels Air Disaster (which hasn't yet). The episode is titled "Kid in the Cockpit."

The Nat Geo version is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEQWwU6yUMw

The sequence however is one of these chains. The kid turned pushed the stick which caused enough counterforce to cue the autopilot to disengage roll mode. There's no aural warning that this happens in that Airbus. Then after watching the plane make a 180 degree turn the pilots assumed the thing was in some uncommanded holding pattern. Unfortunately given the steep roll, the plane started pitching up to try to maintain altitude. The copilot and then the pilot fought it into a dive but was unable to level out before crashing. Turns out that if he hadn't fought it the plane would have recovered on it's own.

Mayday is also recycled into the National Geographic Channel (which certainly used this episode for their Air Crash Investigation program as well as the Smithsonian Channels Air Disaster (which hasn't yet). The episode is titled "Kid in the Cockpit."

The Nat Geo version is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEQWwU6yUMw

The sequence however is one of these chains. The kid turned pushed the stick which caused enough counterforce to cue the autopilot to disengage roll mode. There's no aural warning that this happens in that Airbus. Then after watching the plane make a 180 degree turn the pilots assumed the thing was in some uncommanded holding pattern. Unfortunately given the steep roll, the plane started pitching up to try to maintain altitude. The copilot and then the pilot fought it into a dive but was unable to level out before crashing. Turns out that if he hadn't fought it the plane would have recovered on it's own.

You gotta love Airbuses. It really seems they need a dog in the cockpit trained to attack the pilot if he touches any of the controls.

I know in the A319/320 model s you get a red master warning light and aural "cavalry charge" when the autopilot is disengaged. I can't speak to the 310 but suppose it's possible they left it off.

I know in the A319/320 model s you get a red master warning light and aural "cavalry charge" when the autopilot is disengaged. I can't speak to the 310 but suppose it's possible they left it off.

The autopilot WAS engaged, which is why there was no aural warning. What the kids had done is knocked the aileron servo off line by fight it's movements with sufficient force.

The USAF lost an EC-135 full of families doing this kind of thing. They were flying a bunch of spouses on a 'family day' flight. A wife was in the left seat then the trim ran away.

The corrective action by the checklist (IIRC) was for the left seat pilot to pull a circuit breaker, but the wife didn't know to do that. :(

It's all fine...until it's not.:dunno:

Hmmm....I wonder if there is any other job flying in Mexico where such behavior in the past may not be an issue?

Back