Hide posts from certain members?

Lndwarrior

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Gary
Is it possible to hide posts from certain members? If so how?

ignore is a user defined setting. Find a post by the user, click on that user’s info, select ignore. Adios!

ignore is a user defined setting. Find a post by the user, click on that user’s info, select ignore. Adios!
Yeah but that would hide that user from you. The question asked was if an individual’s posts could be hidden from one specific user.

If you ignore a person you can’t see their posts... what am I missing

He didn't mean posts from... he meant hide from. He doesn't want person X to see HIS posts... Ignore hides *their* posts from him. He wants it the other way around...

Paul

Hmm. A language riddle. I know what he said. I don’t presume to know what he meant.

Is it possible to hide posts from certain members? If so how?

I think it's 'ignore.' You could do that without doing the 'ignore' thang in settings by just ignoring them when you see them though. Why do you not want see that they even posted something?

I think it's 'ignore.' You could do that without doing the 'ignore' thang in settings by just ignoring them when you see them though. Why do you not want see that they even posted something?
I have 23 people on my ignore list. Not all are ignored for the same reason.

I have five and thought that was high ...

Of course now I have no idea if you’ll see this lol
LOL. You're all good. (So is everyone else that posted in this thread so far)

I'm sure I'm on a few ignore lists though because I dont drink certain Kool Aids

The one person on my ignore list hasn't posted in more than a year.

Yeah but that would hide that user from you. The question asked was if an individual’s posts could be hidden from one specific user.

That’s not how I read it. I read it the same way as Stewartb did. Though I can see how it can be misread.

Well from this I guess we know whose interpretation of the OP was right. ;)

I have 23 people on my ignore list. Not all are ignored for the same reason.

Damn, you are a prolific ignorer. I just checked mine as I wasn’t sure how many I ignore. It’s only four. I need to step up my game. I think I’ll add @eman1200. Yes eman, it is you. :cool:

Damn, you are a prolific ignorer.

I used to have quite a few on ignore but not it's down to only a couple, both of which seldom post anymore anyway.

Over the years though, especially when we still had the old software and ignored people weren't really hidden, I would notice that many of those I had on ignore would subsequently earn themselves a perma-ban, confirming that it wasn't just me. :)

I kept track for a while just for sh*ts and giggles and it was running just under 50%. It's definitely been an interesting ride here,

The one person on my ignore list hasn't posted in more than a year.

How would you know if they're on your ignore list? ;)
Edit:..should have read the whole thread before posting..midlife beat me to it!

I'm down to 1 ignored member (added this week, actually) and 1 ignored forum - Medical Topics.

When I used to frequent the Spin Board I thought about putting individuals on ignore but then decided "why bother?" And left the board. I've been much happier since.

That’s not how I read it. I read it the same way as Stewartb did. Though I can see how it can be misread.

Well from this I guess we know whose interpretation of the OP was right. ;)

I guess so, but I would say that the question was written ambiguously.

Back