Help with Oral portion and Flight checkride

ImNoootADisguisedParrot

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
ImNoootADisguisedParrot
Hi.

So can someone confirm enequivocally, that the Oral portion for private pilot comes from the ACS Part I Preflight Section A to H right?

Are other questions asked?

What about the sections in the ACS AFTER Part I: Preflight? Will those be asked on oral?

I keep hearing oral portion is only ACS Part 1 preflight a to h

And then in the flight portion what is usually done and are questions asked?

Can someone please help

The oral will include any missed question topics from your written test, even if they’re in the flight tasks portion of the ACS.

The flight portion will be the tasks beyond the oral in the ACS, and the examiner may ask anything he feels necessary to evaluate your knowledge and understanding of the ACS material.

Check out Seth Lake on youtube. He did a pretty good job covering the expectations in a video series.

Hi.

So can someone confirm enequivocally, that the Oral portion for private pilot comes from the ACS Part I Preflight Section A to H right?

What about the sections in the ACS AFTER Part I: Preflight? Will those be asked on oral?

Can someone please help

Hello,

Slight tweak to your terminology: there's a ground portion, and a flight portion. Oral questioning continues throughout the entire practical test (Introduction, p. 1). The flight portion begins in AOA II, starting with Task A. Preflight Assessment.

Hi.

Can someone please help

Don't worry about it, these are basic checkride-prep topics ("what happens during the checkride?") that your CFI will discuss with you prior to then.

If your CFI has NOT discussed these with you and you're about to have your checkride, then that's an issue you need to bring up with your CFI immediately, because that's basic checkride prep.

The check rides I took, Where basicly a conversation, one answer lead to another question. They didn’t just go down the list and ask point blank.

The check rides I took, Where basicly a conversation, one answer lead to another question. They didn’t just go down the list and ask point blank.
:yeahthat:
If you give a good though answer about 60% or better of the Oral portion can be covered with one question. Show me your preflight planning for todays planned flight?

Brian
CFIIG/ASEL

:yeahthat:
If you give a good though answer about 60% or better of the Oral portion can be covered with one question. Show me your preflight planning for todays planned flight?

Brian
CFIIG/ASEL
Is that a “yes” or “no” question? ;)

Back