Help needed - FAA DRS website

Half Fast

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Half Fast
I've been using the FAA's DRS website for about an hour now to try to create a list of all current ADs for my baby Beech, with no success. I plug in the filter settings for make and model number,

1704821732834.png

and I get exactly one result, withdrawing an AD for a fuel selector placard.

1704821871973.png

Can anyone help me with this website? Doing the simplest thing seems very difficult. I must be missing something.

Attachments

• 1704821814530.png
    1704821814530.png
    45.7 KB · Views: 7
Can anyone help me with this website?
There are a number of work aids, videos, etc for the DRS with several from the FAA that are decent. One is linked on the search page.

Took me a week of practice to get a handle on this, but the DRS version is no where as flexible as the RGL version was.

You'll need to search for your prop, engine, and appliances separately to get best results but can be done all at once.

1704826459507.png

1704826669369.png

My best success is by using the fewest number of filters. Give it a shot by filtering only on the model (B23).

Yep, that worked best.

There are a number of work aids, videos, etc for the DRS with several from the FAA that are decent. One is linked on the search page.

I tried the video; it wasn't much help.

You'll need to search for your prop, engine, and appliances separately to get best results but can be done all at once.

Yep, that's what I had to do.

I finally got there, but what a royal PITA this website is! If I put in the manufacturer I didn't get squat. When searching for my prop, a Sensenich 76EMMS, the part number wasn't in their list. I finally stumbled upon "76E Series" and that let me get there.

The site is downright user hostile, and I hope I found all of the ADs. I last did this search with the old version and it was a bit clunky but easier to use. Fortunately, my plane doesn't have a very long list, and only 4 ADs are recurring (and not difficult).

Thanks for the help!

It seems every field is an "and" field. So if you put in a, b. c. To return a record it has to have an a and b and c in the relevant fields. Some AD's for a Cessna 150 are listed under Cessna for some and Textron for others depending on when they were issued.

This one man shop makes it easy, but it's about $100 a year. I use it.

It's not bad if you ignore all the fields ....cept the model number. Put anything in there and you'll get most of what you want. I use this field for an airframe, engine, prop blades, and avionics....or anything (one at a time). The other fields I just ignore. The output AD list is easier to read than when it was first released....but still it's not the nicest. The data could be better organized and displayed.

Back