Tenhi flyers at BJC can put you into a Dakota, a Bonanza and a Saratoga as an owner. Our planes would cover your wants and needs. Unfortunately there's a waiting list to get in, but check us out at www.tenhiflyers.com

You guys are definitely on my list! And I should be on yours apparently. I found out about you a month or two ago. In all the parts of this thread suggesting I buy a smaller, local use plane and rent for my longer trips, your 3 planes have been in the back of my mind as a great option!

@denverpilot I think I was already aware of most of what you said there.

I wouldn't attempt a flight over Corona or anything like it without adequate training and a laundry list of reasons not to. I'm thinking of those trips as more like "Hey dad, I might try to make a flight over to see you in the morning because things look promising, but there's a good likelihood I'll bail and have to try for another day." ...that kinda thing.

And again, I'll admit to being totally uninitiated here save for an unnatural amount of research prior to even getting in the plane with a CFI even once. It's just something I've always wanted to do and the reality of it being possible somewhat soon gets my psyched.

I don't think I'll be expecting any of this journey to add to the 'convenience' side of the equation in life. I'm just looking for cool **** to do that not a lot of people get the chance to do. ...like fly instead of drive ...or fly over mountain passes I've camped at. That's pretty awesome.

Sounds like you don't have any bad assumptions about how getting around via GA goes. It truly is fun.

If you're pushing weather and equipment to the limits in GA and stressing out over a flight, that's not much fun anymore and I call it a "lower dollar to fun ratio".

Too many dollars to be in GA not to maximize the fun!

I wouldn't have gone bouncing over Corona Pass that day if the mission (go get the monkey) wasn't a total blast. Fly to Vegas to get a plastic monkey for no damned good reason at all? That's a trip you can talk about.

Way more interesting than a lot of trips in the logbook for a $100 hamburger. Those are great, too, but monkey trip was more-funner.

You guys are definitely on my list! And I should be on yours apparently. I found out about you a month or two ago. In all the parts of this thread suggesting I buy a smaller, local use plane and rent for my longer trips, your 3 planes have been in the back of my mind as a great option!
Fill out an application and get on the waiting list - never know when an opening may come up. The app is on the website at www.tenhiflyers.com

Back