Help find this part, part #

Piper_Six

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
1959 Bonqnza K35
My 1959 Bonanza K-35 is in annual. Looking for this part, engine baffle plate? My mechanic also couldn’t find this…

It is broken right at the joint… loose and rattling.

Any ideas ? Thanks.

Attachments

• 02C4343E-2DF0-44E0-9B3B-9E8965B604AD.jpeg
    02C4343E-2DF0-44E0-9B3B-9E8965B604AD.jpeg
    195.8 KB · Views: 46
Looks like 35-910066-151, but will likely be hard to locate other than a junkyard or fabricating it. Textron does still list the part, but says to contact for lead time and pricing.

Screenshot 2023-04-05 at 09.26.35.png
Screenshot 2023-04-05 at 09.27.06.png

Umm…. Not sure if that can be “welded “ or how do you suggest it be repaired ? I’ll chat with the mechanic and see what he says.

Trim off old metal an rivet on fresh?

Not sure if that can be “welded “ or how do you suggest it be repaired ?
Welding is usually not an option due to the material used. But there are several options on how to repair it like a simple doubler to reconnect the 2 broken pieces all the way up to fabricating a new angle and riveting it on. It falls on whatever your mechanic is capable of or set up to do. Would definitely get it off the engine and see what you got before buying one.

As Bell said a repair is the way to go.

Fairly common issue on many engines.

Lack of a repair can adversely affect cooling.

Appears to be a relatively easy riveted repair.

If you can find a EAA Chapter near you, for certain someone will know a metal fab wizard who could probably fix you up.

That's a fairly easy (and legal) riveted repair with a patch plate. Your A&P should know that.

Basically you cut a new piece to include the broken off section and extending an inch or so past the break, then rivet it on. AC43.13 describes such things.

Back