Hello!

How do you get a music major off the porch?

pay him for the pizza. :p

another version!

How do you get a music major off the porch? Invite them in for their lesson!

(after paying them for the pizza, of course!)

Seriously, while going to school I worked as a golf caddie, accounting/law book sales rep, student librarian, paperboy, and even ice cream truck driver. Yes, I was indeed "Mr. Ding-Dong!"

Last edited:
Haha! Very, very cool. It is just awesome to see Moon Yung on the webboard here. She has been my student for the past seven years, and she is an excellent musician, and also a very cool person. :D

A flight is definitely in her future; in fact, I think I will be taking her and her father up, together. Maybe we will be welcoming two new pilots to our ranks in the near future! :D

That is so cool.

I can think of very few scenarios where that might be worth while. They wouldn't be happening if I were selling men's shoes! :no:

Well, you might be surprised by how many men have shoe fettishes... It's rare, but it happens! I'm surprised I didn't contract a disease from most of the customers. Foot cleanliness seemed irrelevant.

Hey, what's wrong with a bassoon? That's what I played in school (a long time ago, ... )

Seriously, there is nothing wrong with bassoon. I like the instrument. The trouble is getting a job. There might be only 5 or 6 openings in orchestras around the country in a YEAR, and maybe a similar amount in colleges. We cellists do have it a bit better off, thank goodness!

PS, how's your C182 doing Ghery?

Seriously, there is nothing wrong with bassoon. I like the instrument. The trouble is getting a job. There might be only 5 or 6 openings in orchestras around the country in a YEAR, and maybe a similar amount in colleges. We cellists do have it a bit better off, thank goodness!

PS, how's your C182 doing Ghery?

I'm going to be putting a lot more hours on the 182 this year. I'm FINALLY starting a serious effort to get my IR and I'll use the club's 182 as it is typically easier to schedule. Our 172N is darned near impossible at times. Yes, the 172 would be less expensive, but I pay less for the 182 than I would for a 172 at the FBOs on the field. CFII is an Army CH-47 pilot, so we'll have some interesting scheduling challenges.

Bassoon was fun, not profession, for me. It did result in being able to take a trip to Europe with the high school band, even though I'd graduated a year earlier. Pays to play an unusual instrument at times. :D
That was a long time ago. At the time I thought it would be a once in a lifetime opportunity. Now I dread the flights. :p

Ghery, Viola is what you say after a magic trick....kinda like if I ever mastered an instrument. LOL ;)

Ghery, Viola is what you say after a magic trick....kinda like if I ever mastered an instrument. LOL ;)

Playing the viola well is in and of itself a kind of magic trick, lol! As it turns out, Moon Yung has the magic. :D

Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin van-guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition.

hehe, I couldn't help it!

Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin van-guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition.

You said you're a music major, did ya? :D

Yes. A music major that likes books and movies. especially when quotes are in easy access.

Thank You, Rod Serling! (for The Twighlight Zone monologue):rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

LOL please tell me you didn't think of that all on your own, either way you'll fit in well with the rest of the jokers on here! ;)

The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous.

The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous.

yay! that's the quote I was getting at... so many vvvvvvvvvs. mmm!:eek:

Long out of college, but "poor" is when one, personally, foots the expenses for recording studio time for voice/piano CD; and then all proceeds go to a charity.
Guilty! (Cd still available for distribution) :eek:)

HR

Ben: Get Moon Yung set to come up to the annual Bowdoin International Music Festival at Bowdoin College(Brunswick, Maine). It was founded many years ago by the late Robert Beckwith(Bowdoin Professor), and is staffed by many instructors from Juilliard(and other) School. The young (student) musicians are spectacular, the futures of our symphony orchestras. The concerts are fabulous.

http://www.BowdoinFestival.org

HR

Last edited:
Voila! Did Bundy ever make a viola? I thought they were into reeds and brass.

There is an old plastic Bundy clarinet hiding somewhere in the house, I'm sure all the pads and cork have rotted off by now.

Ben: Get Moon Yung set to come up to the annual Bowdoin International Music Festival at Bowdoin College(Brunswick, Maine). It was founded many years ago by the late Robert Beckwith(Bowdoin Professor), and is staffed by many instructors from Juilliard(and other) School. The young (student) musicians are spectacular, the futures of our symphony orchestras. The concerts are fabulous.

http://www.BowdoinFestival.org

HR

I may be flying up to Maine in July because my brother-in-law teaches at a summer camp in . . . um . . . I know it is the Eastermost point in the US, but that's it!

Come by way of Wiscasset Airport IWI and then fly East by following up the coast. We'll do lunch.

HR

I may be flying up to Maine in July because my brother-in-law teaches at a summer camp in . . . um . . . I know it is the Eastermost point in the US, but that's it!

Eastport Maine, the first place in the US where the sun rises :)

umm.... can I go toooooooo? :yes:??

umm.... can I go toooooooo? :yes:??

Dinner for three will be on me;
Maine is great as y'all will see.
Others, if asked, will certainly vouch,
But there need be a photo on my hangar couch.

One point three miles from where you touch down
Are fine food and fare on which no one will frown.
Whereas flying you will, and no suds will you douse,
All else will be fine at Montsweag Roadhouse.

July, eh?

HR

Attachments

• Lobster Treat.jpg
    Lobster Treat.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Dinner for three will be on me;
Maine is great as y'all will see.
Others, if asked, will certainly vouch,
But there need be a photo on my hangar couch.

One point three miles from where you touch down
Are fine food and fare on which no one will frown.
Whereas flying you will, and no suds will you douse,
All else will be fine at Montsweag Roadhouse.

July, eh?

HR

Thanks so much! Nice poem, too! :D

now you have to take me ^_^

all the way to maine
in ben's airplane

woooo!

Please stop this rhyming post train,
As you are hurting my brain,
surely one has nothing to gain
but perhaps another post count, on the way to POA fame.

Back