Hello!

sneakyellow

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Moon Yung
My name is Moon Yung and I am interested in flying. I'm a poor college student-- poorer than the usual college stident because I'm a cello major. Perhaps I will learn to fly someday!:)

My name is Moon Yung and I am interested in flying. I'm a poor college student-- poorer than the usual college stident because I'm a cello major. Perhaps I will learn to fly someday!:)

Where are you located?

Cello, Aviation, Maryland....
Do I sense something in common with Ben?

Ben where are you??

Welcome!

Wow, that was extremely fast!

I live in Maryland.

Welcome to POA. I'm not real familiar with the east coast and the members over there but there is most likely someone. Play your cards right and you might get to fly with whoever that would be one of these days :)

Ben would be an excellent friend for you to make, Moon. his name is "Spiderweb"

Neat name, and yours isnt even made up! Welcome to POA, theres almost always someone on here so responses are relatively quick.

(other POAers) What was that website found recently that showed a map of POAers and where they were located? He might find someone on there if they've registered yet.

Fly safe,
Tristan

Last edited:
Welcome!

I'm also a music major (piano) and can relate to being poor.

Anyways, you'll get to meet great people around here, hopefully you can go flying with one of the PoA members sometime.

Other music majors... exist! Haha, just kidding. Hello, everyone. Thanks for the advice/greetings.

Ben, eh?

I was a music major too. I play the guitar bass cello and drums.

Other music majors... exist! Haha, just kidding. Hello, everyone. Thanks for the advice/greetings.

Ben, eh?
Ben... erm what is his last name... He's a Cellist and I believe he instructs at a local college around the Baltimore area. He flies out of BWI.

What part of Maryland? I'm in Baltimore as well.

We seem to be accumulating a few yankees who play those oversized gee-tars. :)

Moon, welcome!

Yup Spike's got it. Moon contact Ben. He is a pilot and member of this board who teaches cello in Baltmore. Talk about a match made in heaven!

Haha! Very, very cool. It is just awesome to see Moon Yung on the webboard here. She has been my student for the past seven years, and she is an excellent musician, and also a very cool person. :D

A flight is definitely in her future; in fact, I think I will be taking her and her father up, together. Maybe we will be welcoming two new pilots to our ranks in the near future! :D

We seem to be accumulating a few yankees who play those oversized gee-tars. :)

Moon, welcome!

haha, I've never heard it called that before!

to another post: I live near Baltimore as well. BWI flies right over my house... all the time =D

ben must be that cello dude who is also my teacher :p

Call it coincidence.. because, you know, I've never heard him mention anything about flying before... he never brings it up! hehe

Last edited:
haha, I've never heard it called that before!

to another post: I live near Baltimore as well. BWI flies right over my house... all the time =D

Call it coincidence.. because, you know, I've never heard him mention anything about flying before... he never brings it up! hehe
What is this? All that time with you and he did not mention flying? How can that be?

Ben is obviously not doing his duty to recruit more flyboys.... oops, in this case... flygirls? Ben, what say you? ;)

You're being neglectful! You had a student pilot hidden behind a big geetar the whole time! :yes:

That that fancy new thing called sarcasm? I kind of like the ring.

There's a ring involved? Ben, is there more you've not told us??? :goofy:

Moon is my best student and an awesome person. She also studies piano with my wife, and she is a great friend to us--a little sister. :D

I've really got to take her and her Dad flying because I know they'll love it! :D

Wow I didn't know about Ben being a musician with a musician wife.
Great to know, will have to get together and play.

Wow I didn't know about Ben being a musician with a musician wife.
Great to know, will have to get together and play.

I'd love to go. I really need to purchase an aircraft because the Trinidad is way too popular. Also I need six seats.

You guys should hear Moon Yung play. She'll be mad I told you this, but she also plays violin, viola, and piano. That's four instruments, folks! :D

I'd love to go. I really need to purchase an aircraft because the Trinidad is way too popular. Also I need six seats.

You guys should hear Moon Yung play. She'll be mad I told you this, but she also plays violin, viola, and piano. That's four instruments, folks! :D

OK, Moon. What is the difference between a violin and a viola?

The viola burns longer. :D

OK, Moon. What is the difference between a violin and a viola?

The viola burns longer. :D

and how true that is! :p

ps: violas are one fifth in tonal range down from a violin. they're bigger... slightly boring... the instrument you can never hear in an orchestra :D but they -can- produce a beautiful sound. if it's in tune, mind. :fcross:

Brahms has some wonderful solo viola works (many clarinetists claim they are written for the clarinet however) just a beautiful instrument!

Sounds like our organist at church. He's a music prof, plays violin for the Chattanooga Symphony, and is a FANTASTIC organist and pianist, and sings opera.

A very talented, if somewhat strange, guy.

How true Ben, I have a friend that has a DMA in Bassoon, man he serves a nice cup of cappacino.

"How do you get a music major off your front porch?"

"Buy the band candy!"

tried to be a EE but finished my freshman year with too few Engineering credits and a whole bunch of music credits that didn't help ...

How do you get a music major off the porch?

pay him for the pizza. :p

another version!

Last edited:
Back