Headset recommendations

n1802sd

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Paradise121
I am looking to replace my old headset with something a bit more up to date. I was using a telex that I swear is 20 years old that was given to me by a uncle. I know I would like anr and Bluetooth capable.

Well, that narrows it down.......a lot! Can't go,wrong with Bose A20BT as long as you have 1.2 AMU of disposable income avail.

If you can live without BT, come on over and make the switch like many of us did to the QT Halos. Quiet as an ANR, 1/3 the price but no BT.

BTW, you can add BT to any non-BT headset via the BluLink, but of course it's not as handy as having it built in to your audio panel. I used Halos and BluLink for a couple of years before my panel upgrade. Still use the Halos.

https://www.gulfcoastavionics.com/products/3969-gca-anrbt.aspx

I have a pair of these I got for a great deal. I bought the ones without bluetooth when the were running a for $30 off $249. I figured if they were not great for $219 for ANR they would make a good passenger set. The sale must have been successful they sold out after I had already made the order. They stepped up and sent me the ones with bluetooth ($349) for the sale price on the non-BT set, $219. They certainly aren't Bose but they work and are relatively comfortable for an hour or two I use them all the time and so far so good.

I've been using my Lightspeed Zulus for year and thousands of hours, great headsets.

I've been also thinking of getting a bose QC25 and uflymike kit for a backup/pax set.

I use Lightspeed Zulu2's. They have ANR and Bluetooth. I can wear them 8-10 hours in a day with no problems. I like the way they feel compared to the Bose.

Imagine, a headset thread?

I see the QT Halo is already mentioned. I just bought a pair that should arrive tomorrow. I bought them so I can do a head to head (ear to ear?) comparison with my Clarity Aloft Classics. I'm likely to prefer the CA's, because as you've probably read before, I love my CA's.

Recommendation? Clarity Aloft Classic. <- who saw that coming?

Would these halo headsets work in a taildragger. I am looking at a citabria to finish up in.

Would these halo headsets work in a taildragger. I am looking at a citabria to finish up in.

I hope your asking how they work in a louder cockpit. Where the third wheel is matters not.

So, as for loud cockpit, they work great. Many RV'ers and open cockpit flyers swear by them.

pigpen has some older DC anr s just wait till he gets one with the small battery box (9v} battery . i have 2 in a champ and they work great and factory support is forever. all of the bose anr s that i have had fail just as there warrentee is over or worse than that after they no longer support it at all.

Where are you located?

I have Bose A20, PFX, Zulu 2, and AKGs.

I fly with Zulu 2s and AKGs. They are the least expensive of the 4 and work the best.

I tried the Tangos and I could not get the side tone to not sound like a robot. My buddy sent them back and they came back the same way. Tina (Tina's Pilot shop) is awesome to deal with and she gave him a full refund.

I'm a big fan of the David Clark One-X. Modern headset tech with the reliability and ruggedness of David Clark. Quite a bit cheaper than Bose too

Most of the headset companies have 30 day trials...Everyone is different, in ear, on ear, etc. Try them out, see which you like best. Example - as much as I loved the Halos, I can't tolerate anything in the ear. You may be different.

If I was buying another headset I'd probably go for the Zulu 2. I currently use a bose a20 but I've tried the Zulu2 and they're just as good for a lower price.

Clarity Aloft...everything is is irrelevant!

I've raved many times of how I like my clarity alofts in other threads. Would highly recommend them I use them both both at work in the airlines and flying ga in my 182, I wouldn't use anything else

QT Halo or Clarity Aloft. Both are the same idea. There's also a third headset in that category now though I know nothing about it.

I know that's not what you asked, but in many of our opinions, these headsets are better than ANRs.

I bought them so I can do a head to head (ear to ear?) comparison with my Clarity Aloft Classics.
I will be looking forward to reading your comparison. I have the Halo and love it but have never tried the CA.

I've been using my Lightspeed Zulus for year and thousands of hours, great headsets.

I've been also thinking of getting a bose QC25 and uflymike kit for a backup/pax set.

I also have the Zulus and love them. I got one set from a member here and one from eBay and both were around 350-400 (each). I picked up a new set of ear pads for cheap and I've been happy ever after.

I have 2 Zulus and 3 UFlyMike / QC15 combos (for pax). Bought the Zulus on ebay for around 400 each. The Zulus are my PIC set. Very comfortable / rugged, have bluetooth and great noise cancellation. I know flying is expensive but I refuse to pay $1,000 for a headset. If I flew for a living then I guess I might consider.

Back