Headset L and R... why so often wrong?

MetalCloud

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
MetalCloud
I love watching YouTube vids. I can't help it notice how many people mess up the orientation of their headsets! For example, Bose A20 has the mic coming off the left... why do so many people mix it up?

Am I missing something? Does it really not matter?

What is wrong about it? The A20 microphone can be attached to either side. In fact the vast majority of headsets the mic boom can be positioned on the left or right. It's designed that way on purpose :crazy:

All right thinking prople know the mic goes on the left.

And all left thinking people know the mic goes on the right (and Hillary should have won). ;)

But on my A20s the mic comes off the side labeled Left. I don't think its movable is it? Never looked / tried

I love watching YouTube vids. I can't help it notice how many people mess up the orientation of their headsets! For example, Bose A20 has the mic coming off the left... why do so many people mix it up?

For many headsets, it doesn't matter, such as Dave Clarks. Lightspeeds, on the other hand, because of the way the ANR is set up, the mic must be on the left.

Yes, you're missing the Bose marketing material. They flip sides.

images

Bose-A20-banner.jpg

Mic should, when possible by the headset's design, be on the side away from someone in plane you might want to talk to before start up...,...everyone got that in their primary training. :rolleyes:

On a humorous side note....how often do you pull the wind cover off your mic to clean it? Nothing like smelling the food that you ate several flights ago because you had the mic too close to you mouth while eating. :(

I always keep the mic on the left side, regardless on which side I'm sitting on. I think it would bug me to no end if it was on the right.

Humorous note! I found myself trying to lower my nonexistent mic the other night when a passenger was trying to talk to me. I didn't realize it until they had a WTF look and I remembered I was wearing my commuting headphones...

I have always been a left mic guy...Army Helmets were always from the left...

I'm right handed, so I guess naturally, the mic boom always extends from the ride side.

Is that why I always look to 2 o'clock when traffic is called at my 10 o'clock? Hearing the left ear call in my right ear? :D

I hear it's awkward to switch hands... LOL.

Yeah, I went there.

IBTLAD!

(In Before The Lock And Delete!) hahaha.

On my converted AVCOMM ANRs, they require the earpieces to be a particular way, so the mic is on the left. Before that I'd just switch depending on where I was sitting. As left seat pilot, I keep it on the left because the wires are on the same side and that makes it easy to get the wires where they need to go. But the actual headset you can flip the mic over the top to switch sides.

Back