He caught the SOB.

Or a retired army vet, except he got life in prison for lying in wait when he knew two violent HOME INVADERS might break in again.

Did you even READ that story?? That's not even on the same planet as staking out your hangar to catch a burglar. This idiot ambushed and shot two unarmed burglars and then delivered a cout 'd grace with head shots after they were both down. And he wasn't a retired army vet. He was an engineer with the State Department.

Did you even READ that story?? That's not even on the same planet as staking out your hangar to catch a burglar. This idiot ambushed and shot two unarmed burglars and then delivered a cout 'd grace with head shots after they were both down. And he wasn't a retired army vet. He was an engineer with the State Department.

You're right, very different.

One was a old man, vs a young cop, with two repeated HOME (not hangar) invaders, Ill say the head shots after we're wrong and the guy should be in jail, no doubt, but per the hangar cop and the guy "going for his weapon, smells a little like that standard issue "I feared for my life and my partners life, the subject was resisting and we were forced to fire", why didn't the cop do this on duty and bring in the department?

But to the bottom line was both were laying in wait, and further more it was a hangar, not his home, and he waited armed with a taser, if that was you or me we'd be in jail pending a trial, not at home waiting for our coworkers and friends to find we did nothing wrong.

You're right, very different.

One was a old man, vs a young cop, with two repeated HOME (not hangar) invaders, Ill say the head shots after we're wrong and the guy should be in jail, no doubt, but per the hangar cop and the guy "going for his weapon, smells a little like that standard issue "I feared for my life and my partners life, the subject was resisting and we were forced to fire", why didn't the cop do this on duty and bring in the department?

But to the bottom line was both were laying in wait, and further more it was a hangar, not his home, and he waited armed with a taser, if that was you or me we'd be in jail pending a trial, not at home waiting for our coworkers and friends to find we did nothing wrong.
You should start a psychic hotline. You seem to know everyone's motivation without even meeting them or having any actual data. Pretty cool gift.

"A Minnesota man on trial for killing two teenagers after they broke into his house planned the killings, and was lying in wait in his basement"

He was convicted and sentenced to life in prison.

Varies by state.

In Georgia if the scumbags are in your house they are fair game. It's been said if you shoot them running out of the house and then drag them back inside that the blood trail will usually be "not seen". :cool:

There was a case many years ago where a nephew was living with his aunt while at graduate school. He was up late one night studying and two scumbags tried to break in the back door. The nephew shot through the door, killing one and the other ran off. The prosecutors looked into it and decided since the would-be robbers were inside a screened-in porch they were "inside the house" and did not press any charges against the nephew. :D

You should start a psychic hotline. You seem to know everyone's motivation without even meeting them or having any actual data. Pretty cool gift.

Actually if you google or even click the links I posted, you will find that it is like a thing, these groups of people called juries use laying in wait to judge someone's motivation in regards to pre meditation.

So you think that off duty cop normally flys with a tazer... late at night, and just so happened to decide to do some night flying the day after the robbery, and just happened to take a reallllly long time preflighting in the hangar?

I'm pretty sure laying in wait is a no no in every state and is normally a slam dunk for premeditation.
Again, being in your own home and hearing someone break in and defending yourself is pretty accepted, sitting in a cold metal hangar that was just broken into, believing the thief will return, while armed with a tazer, that's normally will land anyone in cuffs who's day job isn't a cop or member of congress.

Also I'm very interested if this off duty "punisher" offered his vigilantly services to any other member of the aviation community in the half year worth of break ins, or if he only really cared enough to be bothered when it was his stuff that got jacked.

Last edited:
Also I'm very interested if this off duty "punisher" offered his vigilantly services to any other member of the aviation community in the half year worth of break ins, or if he only really cared enough to be bothered when it was his stuff that got jacked.
You mean the way you do, making complaints and accusations only when and where they're of no value in solving the problem?

Actually if you google or even click the links I posted, you will find that it is like a thing, these groups of people called juries use laying in wait to judge someone's motivation in regards to pre meditation.

So you think that off duty cop normally flys with a tazer... late at night, and just so happened to decide to do some night flying the day after the robbery, and just happened to take a reallllly long time preflighting in the hangar?

I'm pretty sure laying in wait is a no no in every state and is normally a slam dunk for premeditation.
Again, being in your own home and hearing someone break in and defending yourself is pretty accepted, sitting in a cold metal hangar that was just broken into, believing the thief will return, while armed with a tazer, that's normally will land anyone in cuffs who's day job isn't a cop or member of congress.

You make a big deal of his "laying in wait" how do you know that was the case. What he was doing in the hangar at the time is not in evidence, So your bias in conjuring up this fantasy to meet you agenda is very apparent.

You want to speculate, sure. I'm an off duty cop in that scenario, I'm not taking a taser. I'm taking a pistol.

I’m out at AWO a couple of times a week during the day. Usually see a local LEO of one brand or another driving around on airport property. They’ve been doing about all they can do. If it’d been an on duty officer faced with this situation, the “suspect” very well could’ve ended up dead. Then people would’ve been crying excessive use of force. ———- The point was made that the deputy was off duty. If you want to “stake out” your hangar and wrestle with a bad guy, go for it!

Last edited:
I am not against defending one's property. But I do not understand the liberal ***** laws where a criminal has more right than the victim which puts the victim in front of a jury of their "peers" (aka 12 dumb people who are too stupid to get out of jury duty).
So the obvious question is: if one catches a criminal in the act and beats on him and terminates him, why in the holy hell would one be so stupid as to announce it to the world where the liberals will hang the victim for defending their life/health/property?

Criminals operate outside of the law. So when they are caught, whyTF do we need to put them inside the law all of a sudden?

I am not against defending one's property. But I do not understand the liberal ***** laws where a criminal has more right than the victim which puts the victim in front of a jury of their "peers" (aka 12 dumb people who are too stupid to get out of jury duty).
So the obvious question is: if one catches a criminal in the act and beats on him and terminates him, why in the holy hell would one be so stupid as to announce it to the world where the liberals will hang the victim for defending their life/health/property?

Criminals operate outside of the law. So when they are caught, whyTF do we need to put them inside the law all of a sudden?
I agree with your sentiment in general, but to respond your last paragraph, should it be ok to shoot someone in the head for speeding? They are "operating outside the law" and endangering your safety.

My point is just that there is a limit, the argument is about where the limit is drawn.

I'm sure "lying in wait" can be a factor for departing from self defense and finding some form of intent that could be part of a homicide-related crime if a burglar was killed.

However, a taser is a defensive tool. Waiting for a burglar to return and being prepared to defend yourself with a taser is not even remotely similar to lying in wait with a gun (deadly force).

And that leads you to believe they have done nothing to catch this perp.. That's a long stretch.

Not really. Had anything stolen lately? Police report for your insurance company and have a nice day.

Our cops won’t even do accident reports here anymore for various types of accidents. “Just fill out your own police report online.”

But definitely not for theft. They don’t even show up. Dispatcher handles it with the instruction to fill out your own report.

He’s not really wrong about this, in the vast majority of larger metro areas.

The Rah Rah MUH THIN BLUE LINE worshipers really have put anyone who wants to actually analyze police work objectively in the country at a disadvantage.

You can’t say anything bad about truly bad police work anymore. Because... blue flags are cool, I guess.

But in any objective measure police don’t investigate much anymore unless someone died.

I agree with your sentiment in general, but to respond your last paragraph, should it be ok to shoot someone in the head for speeding? They are "operating outside the law" and endangering your safety.

My point is just that there is a limit, the argument is about where the limit is drawn.
I don't disagree. You seem to understand what I meant without me having to go into lawyer-like fine-print detail of the circumstances of my statements.
All-in-all, somebody passing me and speeding is not intending to harm/kill me or my family. But somebody kicking my front door in at night will get a chest full of hollow-points, no matter whether they are carrying a knife, shotgun or basket of kittens.

You are right, a line needs to be defined and drawn. Different people draw the line in different places, though. Very different.

I don't disagree. You seem to understand what I meant without me having to go into lawyer-like fine-print detail of the circumstances of my statements.
All-in-all, somebody passing me and speeding is not intending to harm/kill me or my family. But somebody kicking my front door in at night will get a chest full of hollow-points, no matter whether they are carrying a knife, shotgun or basket of kittens.

You are right, a line needs to be defined and drawn. Different people draw the line in different places, though. Very different.
The uncivilized, libertarian part of me feels like, once you step into my house voluntarily, I should be able to shoot you and bury you under the foundation if I want to. But I recognize that's a bit too far as well. But, I feel strongly that the benefit of the doubt should definitely always go to the owner of the property, unless clear evidence is shown they did something improper (I'd say an execution shot to the back of the head probably counts as clear evidence)

I don't believe in shooting perps for material things, but in the process, scare me bad enough and see what happens.

Can y’all quit quoting @James331 ? He’s the only person I’ve ever put on ignore in 10years of participating in forums.

Please people, you’re killing me.

Haaa, sorry. If we all put him on ignore it would be easier on the collective blood pressure

I don't believe in shooting perps for material things, but in the process, scare me bad enough and see what happens.
My home is more than “a material thing”.

I think he does it just get a rise out of everybody. Either that or he's an incredibly stubborn cuss. :yesnod: :tongue2:

Maybe a little of both ;)

My personal opinion, not sure if anyone watches louder with crowder, but he basically sums up how I personally feel, beak into people's home/hangar/teepee and your life is forfeit, don't want to get beat or killed, don't break in, easy peasy

Not saying the off duty cop hanging out in the hanger to catch and issue a little beat down on the punk was bad, heck a man after my own heart, only thing that chaps my arse is I know if it was me I'd be in court, plus the police put no effort in to help after breakins/thefts, so I'm alone in protecting me and mine...but if I defend my property I'm in cuffs or at best paying for a lawyer, however since our hero here is on the other side of that blue line, even if off duty, he gets a atta boy.

I shall now step off my soap box

Last edited:
Maybe a little of both ;)

My personal opinion, not sure if anyone watches louder with crowder, but he basically sums up how I personally feel, beak into people's home/hangar/teepee and your life is forfeit, don't want to get beat or killed, don't break in, easy peasy

Not saying the off duty cop hanging out in the hanger to to catch and issue a little best down on the punk was bad, heck a man after my own heart, only thing that chaps my arse is I know if it was me I'd be in court, but since he's on that side of the blue line he gets a atta boy.

I shall now step off my soap box

Instead of the modern “blue line” garbage, a “good vs evil” line is better.

Putting cops on a pedestal is a really really bad idea in any society. They’re as likely to be on either side of that line as anybody else, historically.

Might be better than putting the Lardassians on a pedestal though. LOL.

I have a "lying in wait" story. There were some petty burglaries occurring in our neighborhood a few years ago. Cops had a pretty good idea it was a guy who was temporarily living with his ex in-laws but they could not prove that it was him. I kinda knew the guy in passing as our sons played football together. About a week prior to me finding out this information, the guy knocks on my door, I answer, and he asks to borrow a lawn tool he said he would return the next day. I thought it was odd but let him borrow it nonetheless. He didn't return it. A detective calls me a few days later and asks me if I knew the guy and what I knew about him and shared with me that there had been multiple burglaries in the neighborhood and they had a strong hunch it was him. Apparently they had gotten my name from his in-laws as I came up somehow in the context of lending him the tool.

I let a few more days go by and emailed the guy asking him to please return my tool and that we were going to be out of town for the day and to leave it leaning against the garage. I was not intending to be gone and wanted to see if the guy would enter my house, and I did share with the detective that that was my plan and he said "cool....just call me if he comes in". Long and behold around lunchtime I see the guys car driving up the road. I run upstairs to my closet and watch as he pulls in the driveway, gets out of his car, walks to the front door and rings the door bell a few times. I hear him walking back and forth on the porch, and I know he is peaking thru our big picture windows scoping the place out. I then hear the front door open and he quietly but quickly scampers into the kitchen and opens a bag on the counter. I am armed with an ASP baton and my holstered sidearm. I start screaming at him to get on the ground and he starts walking towards me saying some bs like "dude it's cool....lets figure this out". I unleashed on him with the ASP and after about 4-5 solid hits he was on the ground in a pile making girl noises. I told him not to move or i'd kill him. He stayed put till the police arrived. Ended up getting a felony and spending about a yr in jail. There were no repercussions for me. I had to testify in court and that was it.

If the ASP did not stop him and he would have continued to come at me, I was fully prepared to put a few rounds in his skull. Even then, I think the outcome would have been the same.....other than my wife blowing a gasket that I got the kitchen dirty. You just have to be smart about things. The guy who shot the unarmed burglars in the back of the head probably could have gotten away with exterminating those punks if he would have done things a little differently.

I do agree that there is no shortage, probably more often than not, of ego tripping cops that waste tax payer dollars spending waaay to much time on "victimless" crimes. I'm not a fan. Anyone who has ever challenged a cop in any way knows this.

...aka 12 dumb people who are too stupid to get out of jury duty....

hhmmm, I recently served on jury duty. I was more than happy to have 2 days off of work, even with $10 or $20 pay, whatever it was. plus the courthouse is a great place to pick up chicks. coked out, broke, and probably going to jail chicks, but chicks nonetheless.

hhmmm, I recently served on jury duty. I was more than happy to have 2 days off of work, even with $10 or $20 pay, whatever it was. plus the courthouse is a great place to pick up chicks. coked out, broke, and probably going to jail chicks, but chicks nonetheless.
You never cease to entertain. :D

Honestly, if you're trying to pick up chicks you're better off at the local feed store. Around here they have signs in the spring when they're available.

Coked out chicks lives matter. :goofy:

James is more, "My mind's made up, so don't bother with the facts" kind of guy.
There's a lot of that here. Some people aren't looking at his information which he provides, either.

I note the pilots "taken into custody" in two current threads although nothing they did was illegal.
https://www.pilotsofamerica.com/com...der-cup-splash-in-is-back-in-the-news.109491/
https://www.pilotsofamerica.com/community/threads/wrong-place-to-turn-around-a-point.109500/

"taken into custody" is usually a euphemism for "arrested"; I doubt the pilots needed "protective custody"

My home is more than “a material thing”.
No it isn’t. It’s just a collection of stuff housed in a big expensive piece of stuff. That’s all it is. If it all got wiped out by falling space debis life would go on.
Stuff isn’t important. Folks are.

No it isn’t. It’s just a collection of stuff housed in a big expensive piece of stuff. That’s all it is. If it all got wiped out by falling space debis life would go on.
Yes. It is.

My home is where I and my family can be safe without concern. I have worked hard to create that safe zone. Disturb that and I will react far more than if you simply mess with property. Because it is more than property. Attempt to take that away and I will react appropriately.

Steal my car from a parking lot, and I’ll agree with you. But don’t come into my home and expect me to treat it the same way. Ain’t gonna happen.

Whoa, falling spece debis. Do they usually only fall around the Dallas area?

Can y’all quit quoting @James331 ? He’s the only person I’ve ever put on ignore in 10years of participating in forums.

Please people, you’re killing me.
I have a couple of posters on ignore. Their posts don't show up even when someone quotes them. Maybe that's a box you need to check or something.

Instead of the modern “blue line” garbage, a “good vs evil” line is better.

Putting cops on a pedestal is a really really bad idea in any society. They’re as likely to be on either side of that line as anybody else, historically.

Might be better than putting the Lardassians on a pedestal though. LOL.
Although I would agree putting cops on a pedestal is bad, and also agree that they are like anybody else...but, the problem becomes when you assume that they ARE lazier then anyone else, or all racist or they are getting away with breaking the law more, receiving less punishment when they are caught, etc. The truth doesn't hold out for that opinion either.

Yes. It is.

My home is where I and my family can be safe without concern. I have worked hard to create that safe zone. Disturb that and I will react far more than if you simply mess with property. Because it is more than property. Attempt to take that away and I will react appropriately.

Steal my car from a parking lot, and I’ll agree with you. But don’t come into my home and expect me to treat it the same way. Ain’t gonna happen.
You are safe nowhere. If a jet crashes into your “safe” space you’ll be just as crispy frittered as if one wiped out the decidedly unsafe Steinholme. Anyone can die of anything at any time. You might think your home arsenal will keep you safe, but honestly all the other fella has to be is a better shot and you’re back to square one. The one thing in your favor is most folks can’t shoot worth a damn in a pinch. Most cops and soldiers miss, and they’re the professionals.

Best way to be safe is not live near nor associate with dangerous people.

You are safe nowhere. If a jet crashes into your “safe” space you’ll be just as crispy frittered as if one wiped out the decidedly unsafe Steinholme. Anyone can die of anything at any time. You might think your home arsenal will keep you safe, but honestly all the other fella has to be is a better shot and you’re back to square one. The one thing in your favor is most folks can’t shoot worth a damn in a pinch. Most cops and soldiers miss, and they’re the professionals.

Best way to be safe is not live near nor associate with dangerous people.
Great job of ignoring the point.

Back