He caught the SOB.

Tom-D

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
Tom-D
There has been a rash of thievery going on a AWO, for the last 6 months.
and SO .... >

ATTENTION ARLINTON AIRPORT HANGARED AIRCRAFT OWNERS AND STAFF
Jess Sanders (a Snohomish County Sheriff) hangar was broken into friday night. Two motorcycles, two A20 headsets and a multitude of other things were stollen. Fortunately he didn’t get Jess’s most expensive motorcycle. The criminal returned last night to steal it, unfortunately for said criminal, Jess was there. There was a scuffle and the suspect is currently in the hospital. There is a ton more to this story, I have permission from Jess to share this. Just not wanting to say too much. Your hangars are one criminal safer. Let’s all give a shout out to Jess. WHAT A SUPER HERO! He’s been serving our community for over 20 years. Thanks Jess! Gloria, Mary and I thank you for taking care of us all.

Yup, not one chit was given till a cops hangar got broken into :rolleyes:

Also if you or I were in the same situation they would probably press charges against US for hurting the poor criminal.

Glad the scum bucket is off the streets, just sucks it took a cop getting victimized to get someone in the PD to care enough to do something.

Also if you or I were in the same situation they would probably press charges against US for hurting the poor criminal.

Glad the scum bucket is off the streets, just sucks it took a cop getting victimized to get someone in the PD to care enough to do something.
Nothing to prevent anybody from staking out their own hangar.

@Tom D ...was Jess on or off duty at the time?

Y'know, it would have been an extreme pity if the perpetrator was injured by the motorcycle falling on him. Odd how a motorcycle might fall onto a person, but weirder things have happened. :rolleyes:

Too bad the deputy was injured. He was probably trying to be reasonable with the crook.

Here we go again...:rolleyes:

...There has been a rash of thievery going on a AWO, for the last 6 months...

...Jess Sanders (a Snohomish County Sheriff) hangar was broken into friday night. ..The criminal returned last night to steal it, unfortunately for said criminal, Jess was there....

Sorry I'm just not a blind supporter of all things authority.

So during the last HALF YEAR, where was the sheriff when CIVILIANS hangars were being broken into, why not form a sting, or put much effort into it.

If they did try a sting, or set up some cheap game cameras in high risk areas, Ill take what I said back, but I'd imagine it was just a " here's a police report, bye", will until someone from that right side of the blue had his stuff jacked.

So during the last HALF YEAR, where was the sheriff when CIVILIANS hangars were being broken into, why not form a sting, or put much effort into it.

If they did try a sting, or set up some cheap game cameras in high risk areas, Ill take what I said back, but I'd imagine it was just a " here's a police report, bye", will until someone from that right side of the blue had his stuff jacked.
Sounds to me like they treated the deputy's report the same as everybody else's. According to the link Ron posted, the deputy was off duty.

If someone broke into your hangar and you were waiting for them, they ended up in the ER, at the very least you would be needing a lawyer.

And again, zero chits given till a cop was the victim

Speaking of sumb1tch, where is acroduster?!?

If someone broke into your hangar and you were waiting for them, they ended up in the ER, at the very least you would be needing a lawyer.
Much like the deputy who's being investigated.

And again, looks like zero given afterward.

James you're becoming too predictable man. Change it up a bit. :idea::biggrin:

What brought you to the conclusion they didn't?

What brought you to the conclusion they didn't?

Your lack of mentioning it

Also I'm sure his friends will find he did nothing wrong.

James you're becoming too predictable man. Change it up a bit. :idea::biggrin:

I agree, it's all reruns, it would be nice if police did more police work.

From the near zero effort to help solve crimes that don't involve fellow memebers of the PD

To the "always go home" police who didn't try to rush the shooter in that last school shooting, or do anything with the warnings

To the predatory policing when it involves $$ like tickets, "DUI" checkpoints

And so on.

Again this was going on for half a year, show me some info on them setting up game cams, trying to do one of these stings like he did when one of the publics hangar was broken into.

Your lack of mentioning it

Also I'm sure his friends will find he did nothing wrong.

I agree, it's all reruns, it would be nice if police did more police work.

From the near zero effort to help solve crimes that don't involve fellow memebers of the PD

To the "always go home" police who didn't try to rush the shooter in that last school shooting, or do anything with the warnings

To the predatory policing when it involves $$ like tickets, "DUI" checkpoints

And so on.

Again this was going on for half a year, show me some info on them setting up game cams, trying to do one of these stings like he did when one of the publics hangar was broken into.

That's not I meant. :rolleyes:

Not many know but James was actually the producer for N.W.A. when they came out with the song “F*** Tha Police”

Yeah I read that somewhere recently. Oh it was here, I must have ESP or sumtin!

Agenda. . .break a burglars arm, hand, and nose. Gonna be tough, though I admit not impossible, to find a prosecutor to bother you, unless you admit to something stupid. You're being just a touch silly here. I don't know the jurisdiction, but some places property crime takes a lower priority - so many crooks, so few cops.

Agenda. . .break a burglars arm, hand, and nose. Gonna be tough, though I admit not impossible, to find a prosecutor to bother you, unless you admit to something stupid. You're being just a touch silly here. I don't know the jurisdiction, but some places property crime takes a lower priority - so many crooks, so few cops.

Lying in wait for a burglar, thats a whole nother ball of wax, especially if he was disproportionately hurt compared to you, again personally I view thieves as sub human, but if I had a good idea some trouble makers was going to get into my hanger and I waited inside with a gun, yeah lawyers fees.

And if police spent more time doing police work for crimes with real victims, vs being meter maids and making victimless crime a priority, it would make a huuge difference.

Last edited:
And that leads you to believe they have done nothing to catch this perp.. That's a long stretch.

As I said, I would be very happy to eat crow on this one, please inform me of the stings or cameras they set up prior to this to catch the offenders?

Give it a rest James. You’re getting tiresome

Negative

When people don't call this stuff out it becomes common and accepted, and that's not how I want things to go down in my country. I'd think recent events shoukd have driven this home with folks

And if police spent more time doing police work for crimes with real victims, vs being meter maids and making victimless crime a priority, it would make a huuge difference.

Exactly.......agree 100%

As I said, I would be very happy to eat crow on this one, please inform me of the stings or cameras they set up prior to this to catch the offenders?
Do you believe the addition of cameras, gate code changes, and extra civilian patrols, were not to catch this perp. These tactics were not made public knowledge for obvious reasons, but when you work or frequent the airport you know.
I believe that your bias toward the police is very apparent in this thread, and has made you believe things not in evidence.

Lying in wait for a burglar, thats a whole nother ball of wax, especially if he was disproportionately hurt compared to you, again personally I view thieves as sub human, but if I had a good idea some trouble makers was going to get into my hanger and I waited inside with a gun, yeah lawyers fees.

The deputy got hit with his own taser, and put the perp in the hospital, I think he is pretty much in the clear.

Just enough truth to obscure a mostly substance-free rant.

The deputy got hit with his own taser, and put the perp in the hospital, I think he is pretty much in the clear.

So he was off duty, lying in wait while armed, unless he always flys with a taser, again if that was you or me it would be lawyer fees, or worse.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/prosecutor-minn-homeowner-lay-in-wait-for-teen-burglars/

"A Minnesota man on trial for killing two teenagers after they broke into his house planned the killings, and was lying in wait in his basement"

He was convicted and sentenced to life in prison.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lying_in_wait

"In criminal law, lying in wait refers to the act of hiding and waiting for an individual with the intent to kill that person or inflict serious bodily harm to that person. Because lying in wait involves premeditation, some jurisdictions have established that lying in wait is considered an aggravating circumstance that allows for the imposition of harsher criminal penalties."

I got no issue giving praise to good cops making a good difference, it's just hard to find many. According to your story no one caught this scum bucket till he broke into a cops hangar, than the next day he was injuried enough to go to the ER and was in custody.

Those posts on here about hangar break ins, if someone posted that they thought the guy was going to come back and wanted to arm themselves and wait for the criminal to come back, you know damn well everyone would say no you'll go to jail.

Cool the thief is off the streets, by sucks that no progress was made till the cop had personal skin in the game, who then decided to commit what would be a felony for you or I, to get some revenge, the obvious double standard between "us" and "them" would be laughable if it wasn't so disrespectful.

Last edited:
So he was off duty, lying in wait while armed, unless he always flys with a taser, again if that was you or me it would be lawyer fees, or worse.

No it wouldn't. There are laws to protect citizens who use force to protect their property. If you use excessive force then sure youre going to have issues.

I got no issue giving praise to good cops making a good difference, it's just hard to find many. According to your story no one caught this scum bucket till he broke into a cops hangar, than the next day he was injuried enough to go to the ER and was in custody.

No you wouldn't. A cop could save your mother from a rapist and you would still find something negative to say. Your anti-cop bias is so deeply rooted its pathetic. Why don't you just keep your mouth shut for a change. We get it, cops suck.

And how do you figure 'no one caught this scum bucket till he broke into a cop's hangar'?? The owner of the hangar caught the guy. He just happened to be a cop. Which according to you makes him incompetent, stupid, or lazy. Yes, Im sorta proving your point in that the 'cops' didn't catch the guy, but it just as well could have been the previous hangar owner, the doctor or plumber.

Cool the thief is off the streets, by sucks that no progress was made till the cop had personal skin in the game and the obvious double standard between "us" and "them" would be laughable if it wasn't so disrespectful.

You don't have a clue what was done or not done behind the scenes. Of course youre going to assume it was nothing. I worked burglary investigations for 5 years. I had a pretty crappy clearance rate. But guess what James, it wasn't for lack of trying, its because sometimes there aren't leads to follow. People don't write down their serial numbers, cameras (if there are any) dont catch good video, neighbors dont watch out for each other, burglars sell the stuff on the street instead of at a pawn shop, there are no fingerprints left at the scene or the guy doesn't show up in AFIS. The patrol guys who might be patrolling the area are too busy shagging call from people whining about their neighbor's loud music instead of walking next door themselves and asking them to turn it down.

Geezus James, just STFU for one.

Geezus James, just STFU for one.

Nah he can't do that, even when he's proven wrong. So, he has a hardon against airline pilots, cops, tricycle gear planes, government, and the military. Probably left more out. He's a broken record and not as knowledgeable as he believes he is.

I will never in my life put myself at risk for insured property. Another thread on this site discusses someone who was killed doing just that. Stuff can be replaced. My vital organs do not share that particular characteristic.

No it wouldn't. There are laws to protect citizens who use force to protect their property. If you use excessive force then sure youre going to have issues.

Read what I linked to, it's legal if you're home minding your own and someone breaks in and you use force because you think you might be in danger.

BUUUUT lying in wait when you know you're going to be broken into, as can be seen from prior cases is a felony, unless you're a off duty cop ofcourse, and as was mentioned he thought the guy would be back, brought a weapon with him and hid in his hangar.

how do you figure 'no one caught this scum bucket till he broke into a cop's hangar'??

...Because he wasn't apprehended until he broke into the cops hangar :dunno:

it just as well could have been the previous hangar owner, the doctor or plumber.

Or a retired army vet, except he got life in prison for lying in wait when he knew two violent HOME INVADERS might break in again.

Of course youre going to assume it was nothing. I worked burglary investigations for 5 years. I had a pretty crappy clearance rate.

Funny how that clearance rate amazingly went to 100% and a apprehension occurred the next day when the cop was a victim, I'm sure it was just dumb luck, that cop should buy a lotto ticket eh?

Also interesting how a fellow LEO doesn't see that this LEO or the department did wrong, probably the same though process that lead to charges and prison for Mr evil civilian grandpa, where Mr vigilantly off duty cop will likely be viewed as the hero of this story, as he already has.

I do think it is insane how the justice system seems to protect the criminals now a days. Not to mention the fact that we house these idiots in prisons, costing tax payers tons of money. Get rid of the scum bags.

Read what I linked to, it's legal if you're home minding your own and someone breaks in and you use force because you think you might be in danger.

BUUUUT lying in wait when you know you're going to be broken into, as can be seen from prior cases is a felony, unless you're a off duty cop ofcourse, and as was mentioned he thought the guy would be back, brought a weapon with him and hid in his hangar.

...Because he wasn't apprehended until he broke into the cops hangar :dunno:

Or a retired army vet, except he got life in prison for lying in wait when he knew two violent HOME INVADERS might break in again.

Funny how that clearance rate amazingly went to 100% and a apprehension occurred the next day when the cop was a victim, I'm sure it was just dumb luck, that cop should buy a lotto ticket eh?

Also interesting how a fellow LEO doesn't see that this LEO or the department did wrong, probably the same though process that lead to charges and prison for Mr evil civilian grandpa, where Mr vigilantly off duty cop will likely be viewed as the hero of this story, as he already has.
He caught the SOB, good enough for me.
Jess knew the perp couldn't leave the other bikes, and he be back.

Back