The Ryder Cup "Splash In" is back in the news.

Sorta telling note at the end of the article: a settlement conference is scheduled for June. The judge is gonna tell one side or the other how the cow ate the cabbage.

LOL. No airspace restrictions and no waterway restrictions.

And a Chief of Police ranting on TV for days about the landing.

Is this one of those good cops in MUH THIN BLUE LINE!!!? LOL.

The part that irks me in these cases is the money spent all comes from the taxpayers anyway. Lawyers, settlements. All of it.

Barney Fife there has no personal liability for his gross negligence like any other professional.

Plus, airspace restrictions for freaking golf? I don’t care how many people you cram on the course to watch it, nobody will care if some airplane comes along and crashes into half of them.

They’d have to discuss the crash in hushed tones on TV, too. LOL.

“Bob, there appears to be an aircraft approaching while everyone is being quiet on the course. The people holding the quiet signs are quite distressed looking. Oh my now theres people screaming and crying and the people holding the quiet signs are very very distressed now... my goodness. And here’s a commercial break brought to you by Lexus and Rolex.”

LOL. No airspace restrictions and no waterway restrictions.

And a Chief of Police ranting on TV for days about the landing.

Is this one of those good cops in MUH THIN BLUE LINE!!!? LOL.

The part that irks me in these cases is the money spent all comes from the taxpayers anyway. Lawyers, settlements. All of it.

Barney Fife there has no personal liability for his gross negligence like any other professional.

Plus, airspace restrictions for freaking golf? I don’t care how many people you cram on the course to watch it, nobody will care if some airplane comes along and crashes into half of them.

They’d have to discuss the crash in hushed tones on TV, too. LOL.

“Bob, there appears to be an aircraft approaching while everyone is being quiet on the course. The people holding the quiet signs are quite distressed looking. Oh my now theres people screaming and crying and the people holding the quiet signs are very very distressed now... my goodness. And here’s a commercial break brought to you by Lexus and Rolex.”

Too bad they can't just strip the offending officers pensions and benifits to cover the costs.

Too bad they can't just strip the offending officers pensions and benifits to cover the costs.

Now now.

Chief Dingleberry Derp there DESERVES a better retirement than the people he serves, poorly, though his absolute lack of knowledge of the law.

:)

That clown of a police chief Scott Knight wears 4 stars on his uniform??

Hey better look out General Mattis, there's a new badarse in town :lol:

Heck I think officer Dudley actually might be wearing more medals than the general, sure wearing more blingly gold.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Sorta telling note at the end of the article: a settlement conference is scheduled for June. The judge is gonna tell one side or the other how the cow ate the cabbage.

That a settlement conference shows up on the docket does not indicate that anyone is talking about settling. I don't know how the fed courts work, but in some state systems all those conferences like scheduling and settlement are put on the docket automatically the moment a case is filed.

That a settlement conference shows up on the docket does not indicate that anyone is talking about settling. I don't know how the fed courts work, but in some state systems all those conferences like scheduling and settlement are put on the docket automatically the moment a case is filed.

A reasonable point.

If the lawyer for the city feels like spending more taxpayer dollars coddling the Ryder Cup folks over their own oversight in planning, to back Deputy Fife there, they’ll always have more fiscal resources than the average Citizen can afford in legal fees.

This victimless non-crime can easily bankrupt the pilot. You get as much justice in our legal system as you can afford. And you’re at a hell of a fiscal disadvantage if you don’t have an endless supply of tax money to pay for it all.

All over an embarrassment to a clueless Chief and a security non-threat to... golf. LOL.

You don’t know how federal courts work. Then why post? Anyway I didn’t say they were talking about settling, I said the judge is going to tell one side or the other that it would be a good idea to settle. I’ve only been around a couple federal cases but nothing substantial happens within eight months. Lawyers might manage to depose most of the witnesses in eight months...

The chiefs statement that “In today’s world and environment with everything going on, to think it’s OK to violate airspace in this way is the most imbecilic thing I’ve ever seen in my life” is the type of thinking that leads to government overreach and more onerous laws that do nothing but infringe on our lives and our rights.

Toddy’s world and environment? Give me a break. Fear mongering at its best.

“most imbecilic thing I’ve ever seen in my life”? Look in the mirror!

The chiefs statement that “In today’s world and environment with everything going on, to think it’s OK to violate airspace in this way is the most imbecilic thing I’ve ever seen in my life” is the type of thinking that leads to government overreach and more onerous laws that do nothing but infringe on our lives and our rights.

Toddy’s world and environment? Give me a break. Fear mongering at its best.

“most imbecilic thing I’ve ever seen in my life”? Look in the mirror!
Careful now. The chief (maybe soon to be ex-) will claim that your post is critical of LEOs in general and in today's world that is considered to potentially be a terrorist activity. Don't answer the knock on your door. Be very quiet and they will go away eventually.

We’re the police. We’re hear to serve and protect. (What we’re serving is our egos, our own personal agendas, and a steaming load of horse$hit; what we’re protecting is our jobs and each other.). Yay, police!

Painting with an awfully broad brush here, aren't we?

This victimless non-crime can easily bankrupt the pilot. You get as much justice in our legal system as you can afford. And you’re at a hell of a fiscal disadvantage if you don’t have an endless supply of tax money to pay for it all.
I have always felt like the loser of a lawsuit should have to pay ALL of the legal fees for both sides. Right away that would eliminate a lot of frivilous cases and it would also ensure that the innocent are not unfairly burdened financially by the legal process.

I have always felt like the loser of a lawsuit should have to pay ALL of the legal fees for both sides. Right away that would eliminate a lot of frivilous cases and it would also ensure that the innocent are not unfairly burdened financially by the legal process.

Loser pays is one proposal to fix some things. The downside is the fleets of lawyers on the side with money might just get bigger to make darn sure everybody who can, loses. As long as they can justify their existence with wins... which is similar to today but different in a loser pays system.

It also quenches smaller cases because the risk is higher on lower dollar amounts. To really have loser pays, small claims court limits would have to be raised significantly so you can deal with things like your auto mechanic breaking your car in his shop. Etc. Without having to go into all out legal war.

In fact, most experts agree our small claims court limits are already too low across the board. But that’s a different topic. It does interrelate though, as does the tendency in many sectors to make people sign forced arbitration contracts.

Sadly in this case it would mean the tax payers would have to pay for the chiefs unlawful detainment of two law abiding citizens.

I think making police who make unlawful decisions individually accountable would help quite a bit, where the first damages came out of their pensions, bank accounts, assets etc before any money came out of the department and the officers who did no wrong, let alone the poor overly taxed tax payers.

Back