Have you ever been pranked in an airplane?

Been pranked many times at the airline, nothing like that though. I'd tell y'all but the statue of limitations hasn't expired...

Last edited:
Very cool! So... where exactly is Nadia a CFI? I might need to pursue my aerobatics training...

OK, way past getting in trouble on these:

1. Flying CAP (Don't ask, and not doing it anymore) with a non-pilot in the right seat, on a real long sortie: I put my head back, closed my right eye, dropped my hand from the yoke and pretended to be dead/unconscious. He didn't take it well, and I may have let it go on a bit too long. He was over-controlling in pitch, but not doing too bad in keeping the wings level. I came clean when he started mucking with the comm panel and babbling on the FM.

2. Two young 1LTs, buddies, in a C-130E, night flying; after a bunch of approaches, we were on short final - the co-pilot yells "Light fight!", and beams the pilot in the eyes with a very bright flashlight. C-130's straighten themselves right out when touching down in a crab, I mean that tandem gear snatches the airplane right back into alignment with the direction of motion.

Knew the payback was coming - they swapped seats, and maybe an hour later, just before touching down, the previous victim asks the "flasher", real innocent like, "Did you want the gear down?" - A lightly loaded 130 is impressive on a go.

Back