have you been "ported" yet

Discussion in 'Hangar Talk' started by hotprops, Nov 10, 2018 at 12:42 PM.

1. hotprops

hotprops Line Up and Wait

Display Name:

Display name:
    hotprops
    Never heard of such a event before yesterday.my hardline telephone number was stolen thus turning off my internet, And phone line. it was ported to a burner phone to be used to steel my sh.. . getting it back was a nightmare ,and the possibility of being hacked in now HUGE! lucky it was a hardline # or it could have been worse . had to shut down all credit report company's,and report all credit cards as stolen/compromised . Google it its a mess . as I learn more I will post if there is any intrust.I wanted to go flying today ,but will working on this all day.F... thieves and hackers .

2. Bell206

Bell206 Line Up and Wait

Display Name:

Display name:
    Bell206
    From what I understand, only a carrier can port your number. So someone had all your confidential info prior to requesting the port from your carrier. May want to check all your bases. Carriers port 100s of numbers everyday but there is no due diligence if the requestor has the necessary personal info.

FYI: If a carrier illegally ports your number I think it's called "slamming" and there's relief through the FCC. Good luck.

3. FORANE

FORANE Pattern Altitude

Display Name:

Display name:
    FORANE
    Just ported my home phone to a cell. Didn't even have to talk to a live person. All I needed was the account number and phone number.

4. benyflyguy

benyflyguy Line Up and Wait

Display Name:

Display name:
    benyflyguy
    #fakenews.
    Clearly being “ported” is a local colloquialism for some perverted sex thingy....
    Do tell more:):)