Harry Potter

my sister got it last night and by 3 this afternoon had read 658 pages. now her eyes hurt so bad that she can barely open them so Ill be making Pizza tonight! yippee.

It isn't scar. That, however, isn't news. J.K. herself said it wouldn't be.

Scar was, however, in the last line.

Yep yep. I'm still amused by the folks who claimed the leaked copies online were "obviously fake" because they didn't match "Rowling's style". :rolleyes:

Oddly enough my literary critic friends who yelled that I was essentially reading fanfic were quiet today.

Well, seeing as she's richer than the Queen, I'm sure she doesn't pay much attention herself to what she's earning. ;)

Oddly enough, this post was a reply to the one that follows it...

Last edited:
I wonder how much royaties JK Rowling gets per copy?

The final "Harry Potter" book breaks record book sales: 8.3 million copies in the first 24 hours.

Let's see... $17.99 on Amazon? I'm sure I'd be quite happy with a quarter per copy. Maybe even a dime.

I wonder how much royaties JK Rowling gets per copy?

The final "Harry Potter" book breaks record book sales: 8.3 million copies in the first 24 hours.

Let's see... $17.99 on Amazon? I'm sure I'd be quite happy with a quarter per copy. Maybe even a dime.

And yet you'll not see HP books on the NYT Bestseller's List. Something about being "Children's books". Bah.

:( :( Can't believe it is over.

what a good book tough. I still have a few questions that I will ask over at mugglenet.com

I did get a little veclemt (sp?) at one point.

Now I gotta read all seven in order.

Just how did the sword of Griffindor end up in ___'s hands at the end, anyway......

RE: The sword.

The most plausible theory is one based on something that is said in very brief passing, in two cases.

Book 2 - Dumbledore - Only a true Griffindor could have gotten the sword out of that hat.

Ok, thats a lame explanation.

BUT, in 7, at Harry's Birthday, Scrimgeur arrives and tells Harry that DD wanted him to have the sword, but they weren't giving it to him. He also says that, historically, it has been shown that any true Griffindor could summon the sword from the hat.

So the theory is that because Hat *and* Sword were Godric's, he enchanted both. A Grifindor in need with the hat could summon the sword. It didn't matter where the sword was at the time, the sword would come.

A permanent accio on demand, if you will.

At least it fits the events...

This is a pilot's board, right? Combined with a lot of political opinions? :D

Gosh, I haven't heard this much about Harry Potter from the first grade teacher I'd been seeing nor her daughter! :rofl:

Well, Harry only said one word. My thinking is that Ron just was paying attention, remembered the sounds, and got close enough for it to fake out the enchantment.

Well, Harry only said one word. My thinking is that Ron just was paying attention, remembered the sounds, and got close enough for it to fake out the enchantment.
Remember Ron had hear Harry speak parseltounge many times not just that once. Maybe he picked up a little.

RE: The sword.

The most plausible theory is one based on something that is said in very brief passing, in two cases.

Book 2 - Dumbledore - Only a true Griffindor could have gotten the sword out of that hat.

Ok, thats a lame explanation.

BUT, in 7, at Harry's Birthday, Scrimgeur arrives and tells Harry that DD wanted him to have the sword, but they weren't giving it to him. He also says that, historically, it has been shown that any true Griffindor could summon the sword from the hat.

So the theory is that because Hat *and* Sword were Godric's, he enchanted both. A Grifindor in need with the hat could summon the sword. It didn't matter where the sword was at the time, the sword would come.

A permanent accio on demand, if you will.

At least it fits the events...

That is exactly why N was able to draw the sword.

I finished it last night. I really liked it, although I thought a few things were a bit to neatly wrapped up. I was disappointed that there wasn't more between Snape and Harry. I also didn't like the hurry-up, multi-scene pensieve review of Snapes life. I felt that Rowling realized that she had to do something fast to wrap up some lose ends there. Also, how was it that Voldemort was able to fly without a broom or any object at all? LOL, it would have been cool to see him chasing Harry in a Piper Arrow.

All in all, though, I really enjoyed the book and the whole series. Believe it or not, the only book I haven't read is book 1.

Back