Crab and Goyle= Alberto Gonzales and Gates

Lucius Malfoy= Rumsfeld

Bella LaStrange= Hillary Clinton

Fudge (MoM) = Ted Kennedy

Snape=Al Gore

Filch = Mark Foley

I can't think of any for Harry, Hermione, or Ron

no midnight show for me, ill just have to wait my turn

We tried to get midnight tickets. Sold out already.

7pm tomorrow.

And no more political comparisons, please.

Ok, they left out a few things I think were important, but I'm sure that they'll fill in the blanks in the next film. The movie seemed a little rushed, but it was already over two hours, so I understand the little things have to be passed over. I don't want to spoil anything so I won't go into details, but I think that they did a excellent job on the casting of Tonks, Luna, and Umbridge.

Hope everyone else enjoys it! Off to bed for me. Heh.

I thought Tonks got short shrift. Very little to say and minimal screen time. I did like her changing hair color, however (no offense pookies :) ). Luna was good, but I wish they could've spent more time on her character development. Definitely the right actress for Umbridge. I wanted to slap her. My date wanted to slap her too.

This was my favorite book of the series so I was hoping for more from the movie. But, short of having part one and part two I suppose there was a lot that had to be rushed.

My date said that the climatic battle scene seemed Star Wars-esque.

Tonks did get the short shaft, but she really adds little to the story, when you think of it. At least they did include here.

I thought Bela was a bit too insane and not enough fanatical, but overall, she played well.

Luna was well done! VERY well done!

I was thrilled with how they developed Neville. :)

I put the films in 2 sets, like I put the books. #1 and #2 are standalone, and don't really progress the core story. Voldemort is just a boogeyman badguy in those two. In 3 and on, the core story takes shape.

Films 1 and 2 are always going to be the closest to the books, but they are also the least cinematically interesting. Film 3 was awful - not cinematically, but in how they left gaping holes in the plot. #4 was better, but still not satisfactory in explanation, I thought. I thought 5 did the best job of telling the potter story *as a movie*, without the gaping holes and gaps of 3 and 4.

Very very satisfied with this one, for a change. :)

Tonks did get the short shaft, but she really adds little to the story, when you think of it. At least they did include here.

I thought Bela was a bit too insane and not enough fanatical, but overall, she played well.

Luna was well done! VERY well done!
I was sooo happy with Luna. Ever sonce they introduced her in the books she has been one of my favorite characters. Her outlook on life is one to be commended. She also has been emotionally damaged, like Harry, with the death of a parent and it is the first time we see that Harry actually find a soul mate that understand his pain. Not that I think the two of them ever will pair up and start snogging in the halls. But I think they become close in some ways than Ron and Harry. The actress sho played nailed the roll perfectly!

I was thrilled with how they developed Neville. :)
me too, it was nice to see him go from bufoon to a character that is capable.

Films 1 and 2 are always going to be the closest to the books, but they are also the least cinematically interesting. Film 3 was awful - not cinematically, but in how they left gaping holes in the plot. #4 was better, but still not satisfactory in explanation, I thought. I thought 5 did the best job of telling the potter story *as a movie*, without the gaping holes and gaps of 3 and 4.

Very very satisfied with this one, for a change. :)

Yes, great film of the series and IMHO the best so far.

Scott - haven't you read the books? There is *no* harry'luna ship...

Scott - haven't you read the books? There is *no* harry'luna ship...

Well Ahrry does take her on a 'date' in book six and there are some people who do speculate about a Harry/Luna Ship as well as the Hermione/Harry ship even though Jo said that was not going to happen. I was just stating that I was not one of the Harry/Luna Shippers. I still think that it is and will stay Harry/Ginny. This movie even makes that more clear with all the looks that Ginny makes when she sees Harry and Cho.

SPOILERS!

In the scene when the DA is practicing patronous charms I seem to remember form the book that Hermione's was the otter but I do not seem to recall that Luna's was a Rabbit and I cannot remember what Neville's was. But does anyone have an idea of what the significance of these will be?

I am not aware of any significance to the various patronus shapes. Harry's is a stag because his father was an animagi who changed into a Stag, but that's about it.

I think the patronus shape is simply just deeply personal.

Only a few more days and the book is out!!!

The last one, Half Blood Prince came out when I was in San Francisco. I had pre-ordered the book but was out of town when it was due at my house. Feeling a little jet lagged I was up at midnight so I went walking around the hotel and there was a Borders Books. So I bought it then.

Why am I bothering you with that story. Well because it just so happens that right now I am sitting in that very same hotel in San Francisco. I guess this place is my own little Harry Potter nexus.

Leah and I saw the movie Friday night...very good! Seeing it in IMAX Dome was really awesome. the presentation really put you in the movie.

Only a few more days and the book is out!!!

The last one, Half Blood Prince came out when I was in San Francisco. I had pre-ordered the book but was out of town when it was due at my house. Feeling a little jet lagged I was up at midnight so I went walking around the hotel and there was a Borders Books. So I bought it then.

Why am I bothering you with that story. Well because it just so happens that right now I am sitting in that very same hotel in San Francisco. I guess this place is my own little Harry Potter nexus.

Meh, already read the last book.

I can't wait. I will have the book in Osh. I'm going to my sister's in Dayton on Friday. After some sleep I plan on going out to Meijer's or Walmart at about 7am Sat (when the crowds have died down) to buy the book, all refresehed and ready to read in between holding my neice... maybe I'll read it to her. : ) Then Off to Osh to look at airplanes by day and read the book by flashlight in the evening when I can't walk anymore.

I'm going to go see the movie tonight... I'm looking forward to it! Especially since I read the 5th book about 3 years ago and have just started reading the 6th book this weekend, which has let me know exactly how much of the 5th book I've forgotten. The movie will be a nice refresher to my memory.

My normal routine was for my daughter to buy the book, read it, and then loan it to me the next time I saw her. Now, I'm not sure if I want to wait and risk someone spoiling it for me.

My normal routine was for my daughter to buy the book, read it, and then loan it to me the next time I saw her. Now, I'm not sure if I want to wait and risk someone spoiling it for me.

You know people are going to be jerks and doing what they did with HP6 and cruising the bookstores ruining the ending for people standing outside :mad:

MY normal routine is to buy the book read it, then ship it to my neice. I get it first, I read faster. If she wants it sooner her parents can buy it for her. :D

You know people are going to be jerks and doing what they did with HP6 and cruising the bookstores ruining the ending for people standing outside :mad:

After staying up late and standing in line... who's awake enough to read the book. Better idea, go to bed get up at 6 or 7 am and go to Meijer or Walmart or some other 24 hr store. Walk up to the book rack, pick it up go though the line (will take 5 min) grab a coffee and be ready to read.

Missa

Last edited:
I just saw the HP5 movie last night... IMO the best yet, as far as staying true to the book. It really didn't leave the gaping plot holes that the 3rd and 4th movies did. It was a bit dark, but so was the book. The lady playing Umbridge was perfect for the part.

I just saw the HP5 movie last night... IMO the best yet, as far as staying true to the book. It really didn't leave the gaping plot holes that the 3rd and 4th movies did. It was a bit dark, but so was the book. The lady playing Umbridge was perfect for the part.
Yeah, she kinda reminded me of a sophomore High School Counselor we had.... that personality exists everywhere we look in life, too.

Yeah, she kinda reminded me of a sophomore High School Counselor we had.... that personality exists everywhere we look in life, too.

Kinda reminded me of some people that I have worked with in the past.

Me too! I do wish to go see it again in theater. I might go next week if I can find the time or maybe this Friday.

24 hours from the writing of this post I will be deeply into the book. I am looking forward to it!!!

To the rest of you, well enjoy Oshkosh ;)

4 hours and 10 minutes.

Got my B&N wrist band. Group 5, groups of 50, so I'll be somewhere in the 200-250th person at my store to own a copy.

Sleep? I'll sleep tomorrow.

4 hours and 10 minutes.

Got my B&N wrist band. Group 5, groups of 50, so I'll be somewhere in the 200-250th person at my store to own a copy.

Sleep? I'll sleep tomorrow.

Man just go to sleep wake up in the morning and go get it at walmart. No line, no hassels, no small children dressed like wizards running about!

I'm off to sleep when I wake up I'll go get the book and read.

Missa

Mrs. ApacheBob took the kids to Walden Books in Aurora and got the book at midnight tonight. They had a costume show and the boys won prizes.
I am sure some spoiler will give away the ending soon.:(
We will let the boys read it first, so we will not know the story for a while.:blueplane:
ApacheBob

Leslie's at O'Hare today, getting ready to ride the big metal tube, and says the bookstores there have plenty of Harry Potter books for sale.

I have finished, and I am very satisfied.

It was a very emotional read.

For now, that's all I'll say...

Back